Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: A Female Skater Who Has Everything, Is It Possible?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Strange that nobody has said Asada yet. In her peak she definitely had it all (unless you want to attack her flutz). Her 3Axel and 3Flip+3Loop were stunning and she combined them with footwork, spins, musicality, flexibility, and basic skating that were all excellent.
    If Mao had the artistry she has now back then (or vice versa) then yes. However her best technical ability and refined artistry are two separate periods in her career.

Custom Title
    Yuna's everything (especially musicality, innate dance feel and jumps) + Mirai's layback spin = perfect female skater

Yuna's consistency+Mao's Flexibility+Caro's edges along with their jumps would make a perfect skater.

Oh, and put in Michell Kwan's ubers

Quote Originally Posted by Melon View Post
    Yuna's consistency+Mao's Flexibility+Caro's edges along with their jumps would make a perfect skater.

Oh, and put in Michell Kwan's ubers :yes:
    Oh yes. You wouldn't have a perfect female skater without us.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    If Mao had the artistry she has now back then (or vice versa) then yes. However her best technical ability and refined artistry are two separate periods in her career.
    She displayed quite a bit of artistry in her 2007 and 2008 SP's. What she did in 2007 still tops any other SP she has done since, IMO.

I would agree that Mao has become more refined but that doesn't mean she has become better. Her skating is more labored now.

Mashimaro on Ice
    Maos' basic skating is much better now than ever before. You can see how she gains speed simply through edging at the end of her footwork sequence in the new Nocturne. In the past, she would use more crossovers.

Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    That's right. Olympic gold, World gold, GPF gold, National gold.
    You forgot 4CC gold.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    。。。 What she did in 2007 still tops any other SP she has done since, IMO.

I would agree that Mao has become more refined but that doesn't mean she has become better. Her skating is more labored now.
    Totally agree.

Custom Title
    Her skating does seem more laboured but she is doing fewer crossovers and far more transitions which makes it more difficult which makes it look more laboured than simple crosscuts.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Yet again an example of more transitions hurting the other components. Performance, Choreography, Interpretation are 3 things. Transitions is 1. Simple math makes it apparent what is more important, if judged correctly. She has gotten better in some moments at really commanding her performance and listening to the music, but then in so many other moments there's not much of a performance at all because she is focusing on the fussy transitions.

Also, her wonderful spirals are diminished these days, which further hurts her choreography (since she isn't doing anything of equivalent wow-value to replace them).

It's really too bad, because she could be doing amazing things. This is the peak of her artistry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoZUjtm1LJw . Everything since then has been downhill. She has still retained that maturity but the joy of performance, the elegance of movement, and the purpose of movement have been diminished.

Custom Title
    Akiko Suzuki!! the most artistic skater, nice jumps, nice spins, wonderful skating

Quote Originally Posted by luisARG View Post
    Akiko Suzuki!! the most artistic skater, nice jumps, nice spins, wonderful skating
    You mean ugly spins. I like Akiko's skating but it's hard to get into her skating because of her ugly spins.

I'm gonna Customize the CRAP out of this Title!!! Frenchie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    While that was beautiful I think the real peak of here artistry was right here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmyUwtmch9w
    Wow! Thanks, that was beautiful! (both, actually!) And the 3F3Lo was fully rotated! Wow!

mylastduchess
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    While that was beautiful I think the real peak of here artistry was right here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmyUwtmch9w
    Even though this one is not as well remembered I think this is her best short ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul7_q9kasuI

Custard Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mylastduchess View Post
    Even though this one is not as well remembered I think this is her best short ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul7_q9kasuI
    That 3-3 downgrade still annoys me. It was just as clean as the one she did at Worlds and although the combination is not as good as 2 years before, Asada was so much more polished (the layback, sit spin, spirals especially looked better) in this performance.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast