Thread: where is Mira Leung

Banned

where is Mira Leung

Where is Mira Leung and what is she doing these days? She simply disappeared a few years ago. Did she go to a college after retirement.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj62HfrfIfA

Custom Title
    I'm pretty sure she retired after 2010. She was off the national team by then, and surpassed by some other ladies who were stronger. Too bad she fell off the map so badly, she had potential.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Mira was not surpassed by other ladies in Canada, at least not in 2009. She simply got dumped by the federation that season.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    This a good question. Mira looked every bit a contender as an upcoming Canadian ladies' champion a few years ago. This program in particular shows Mira's natural skating talents. I always loved this program. Unfortunately, she had too much "mom" interference with her training. It's a shame, because I think she could have gone a lot further with her skating. I believe Mira also plays the piano. Thanks for posting this.

Quote Originally Posted by suzukifan27 View Post
    Where is Mira Leung and what is she doing these days? She simply disappeared a few years ago. Did she go to a college after retirement.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj62HfrfIfA
    She was good. Thanks for the vid.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    She was good. Thanks for the vid.
    x2

Custom Title
    Hard to believe she is only 24.

Custom Title
    She said she did plan to stick around in for 2014 after withdrawing in 2010.

With regards to her being dumped by Skate Canada, I don't think it's all that simple. Her skating had not been as consistent in 2008-09, and also by that time, Cynthia Phaneuf was back and healthy again. With the Olympics a year away, I'm sure some considering was given to who were the best representatives going into an Olympic Year, Mira or Cynthia? With the constant drama of her mother (Which seems to be well-known), the switching back and forth of coaches and Mira's less than stellar results, SKate Canada felt Cynthia was a better choice. Mira had not skated up to her usual standard in 2009 Canadians, and the at nationals were sending her a message to step it up soon.

She had potential, it's too bad she could never break free of her mother and really develop. Her Terracotta Warriors program was definitely her best.