Pairs SP - 2014 Russian Championships | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs SP - 2014 Russian Championships

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
B/L and S/K almost at deadlock in SP

I dont get how they keep inflating B/L with her tiny jumps

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
B/L and S/K almost at deadlock in SP

I dont get how they keep inflating B/L with her tiny jumps

For years now!
What happened at the 2011-2012 Nationals?
They gave Bazarova/Larionov an unbelievable, ridiculously massive boost in scores in what was pretty much a bad performance during their Nationals LP. Stolbova/Klimov had an amazing skate (only 2Twist) and got massively held back.
Stolbova/Klimov got 123.67 for this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_qJq2cvOYc
and Bazarova/Larionov got 126.03... for... that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kveBkeaOtw

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm sorry, until Bazarova improve her jumps I just can't see them as front runners for the Russians next year (and his truck driver skating) :sarcasm: Hopefully S/K will continue to lay down solid programs and will eventually pass B/L beginning on Thursday with the LP.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
SP Results: http://fsrussia.ru/upl/results/1314/rusnat1314/SEG015.HTM

1 Ksenia Stolbova / Fedor Klimov 75.55
2 Vera Bazarova / Yuri Larionov 75.08
3 Evgenia Tarasova / Vladimir Morozov 69.72
4 Maria Vigalova / Egor Zakroev 64.33
5 Julia Antipova / Nodari Maisuradze 64.28
6 Vasilisa Davankova / Andrei Deputat 62.06
7 Katarina Gerboldt / Alexander Enbert 60.06
8 Christina Ashtakova / Maxim Kudryukov 59.44
9 Lina Fedorova / Maxim Miroshkin 59.03
10 Anastasia Guabnova / Alexei Sintsov 53.19

FSGMT

Record Breaker
75 for B/L? :unsure: I really don't understand why their federation (and a lot of people) like them so much...

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
75 for B/L? :unsure: I really don't understand why their federation (and a lot of people) like them so much...

yep, almost same score as S/K
for her two footed 3T with arching her back down as not to fall and with zero height on the jump

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Firstly, just to point it out, I am not B/L fan, but
Jumps are not everything.
Also, as Trankov said, they had higher levels and difficulty on other elements than K/S.
Also, apart from the jumps, I enjoyed the programm, even though it is hard to take Yuri seriously as he doesn't look like figure skater at all...

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Firstly, just to point it out, I am not B/L fan, but
Jumps are not everything.
Also, as Trankov said, they had higher levels and difficulty on other elements than K/S.
Also, apart from the jumps, I enjoyed the programm, even though it is hard to take Yuri seriously as he doesn't look like figure skater at all...
Well, what I wanted to say is that I don't really like them artistically; certainly S/K are not V/T or S/S, but at least they show some passion, have an interesting choreography and good lines, B/L leave me COLD, they are like mummies skating and he is the living example of what "not graceful" means

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Well, what I wanted to say is that I don't really like them artistically; certainly S/K are not V/T or S/S, but at least they show some passion, have an interesting choreography and good lines, B/L leave me COLD, they are like mummies skating and he is the living example of what "not graceful" means

Larionov is what is called a " truck driver skater"
with the likes of Stanislav Morozov and even John Coughlin

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Agreed. I personally prefer S/K, especially this season. But it was just weird that the only thing everyone points out is "her tiny jumps".

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Agreed. I personally prefer S/K, especially this season. But it was just weird that the only thing everyone points out is "her tiny jumps".

B/L are also inconsistent, to be fair they have nice lifts and one of the best 3 Twist but that's it
S/K are SP headcases but have improved at least also S/K are younger on average and have more time to improve

She is 21, Fedor is 23
Vera is 20 but Yuri is 27

FSGMT

Record Breaker
B/L are also inconsistent, to be fair they have nice lifts and one of the best 3 Twist but that's it
S/K are SP headcases but have improved at least also S/K are younger on average and have more time to improve

She is 21, Fedor is 23
Vera is 20 but Yuri is 27
Not really... This season: Skate American clean SP, Warsaw Cup one mistake (spiral), Cup of Russia two mistakes (spiral and throw flip), Universiade clean SP, here clean SP. Three mistakes out of five major competitions is not really being "headcases", a lot of skaters would be actually called "consistent" with this kind of performances record ;)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Not really... This season: Skate American clean SP, Warsaw Cup one mistake (spiral), Cup of Russia two mistakes (spiral and throw flip), Universiade clean SP, here clean SP. Three mistakes out of five major competitions is not really being "headcases", a lot of skaters would be actually called "consistent" with this kind of performances record ;)

I was referring to S/K SP record last season
they have improved a lot in their consistency this season

tulosai

Record Breaker

I think the fed likes them so much simply because they score well internationally.

I like them because they have beautiful twists, lifts, and death spirals. I do not think they are artistic geniuses but I think she has a certain delicacy and grace in her skating. She is ballerina like and her posture is impeccable. i don't see him as the total truck driver some try to paint him as- for instance I think he is better than coughlin- however, i think he clearly is not up to her level on those qualities and in fact think the fact that she is so good at those things hurts people's image of him more than is warranted. they also can hit some great positions- watch their exhibition from this year. I actually think they'd be great show skaters- better than competitive ones.

I myself do think they have some grasp of artistry (at least as great of that of s/k CURRENTLY, though I do see S/K as having more range and potential).

That all said, I don't delude myself that they can break through to the very top level unless they are able to fix the side by side jumps. at this point, I doubt that can/will happen. However, as a second tier team I thoroughly enjoy watching them, despite their flaws.

At the moment I do believe realistically B/L have both the potential and likelihood of scoring better and placing higher than S/K internationally, and I think this is why the Rus. Fed. will be pushing them over S/K for this season. Neither team at this time is particularly consistent. While I personally would not go so far as to call S/K headcases, i do think their brand of inconsistency is also more dangerous than B/L's. B/L mess up SbS jumps and not much else. S/K might mess up anything or nothing, from death spirals and spins on up. However, next season, especially if S/K can get a consistent triple twist and become slightly more consistent in general, I do expect that to flip.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
smirnov got injured a couple months back, needed surgery and has not recovered enough to compete here.

hanca

Record Breaker
Actually, Stolbova-Klimov don't look like a Russian pair. They look like a Canadian/US pair (and that's not in a good sense). Not trying to be offensive, but little touches, like posture, stretching legs when they are supposed to be stretched, pointing toes etc would make such a difference!

I agree that Bazarova's jumps are bad, but side by side jumps are only 2 elements out of 12 in the FS and only 1 element out of 7 in the SP. And their other elements are usually pretty reliable and beautiful to watch.