Men SP - 2014 Russian Championships | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Men SP - 2014 Russian Championships

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
That fall looked scary, poor thing recovered well.

Lackluster competition, most bored me. Barring implosion, Plushenko, Kovtun, and Voronov are good to go for Euros.

Top 3 is a lock

lets see if the ladies are too tommorow

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Russian Men SP

1. Plushenko 98.41
2. Kovtun 93.08
3. Voronov 89.10
4. Pitkeev 76.75
5. Bush 73.40
6. Kolyada 73.11
7. Petrov 71.79
8. Dmitriev 71.32
9. Gorshkov 70.73
10. Menshov 70.72
11. Kvitelashvili 70.47
12. Gachinski 69.10
13. S. Borodulin 64.72
14. Kurbanov 64.48
15. Milyukov 64.10
16. Samarin 63.03
17. Sezganov 62.74
18. Lazukin 58.42

Thanks! Stupid score board isn't updating!

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Pity about the 2Lz, but I still liked Dmitriev Jr. more than the judges did. He's 3 places behind Bush, who had mistakes on all 3 jumps - and had a lackluster performance imo.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pity about the 2Lz, but I still liked Dmitriev Jr. more than the judges did. He's 3 places behind Bush, who had mistakes on all 3 jumps - and had a lackluster performance imo.

Have no idea why they like Bush so much. He's been all over the map this season from decent skates to outright disasters. Why he left Urmanov for Sokolovskaya I'll never understand because all I see is regression.

Frenchie

Medalist
The detailed results are up now.
Plushenko got by far the highest score for transitions.
I think cute and delusional have now officially become synonyms :)
Oh, wha'ever.

Sochi_2014

On the Ice
Way to go Plushenko! Although his PCS was inflated. I think the Russian Skating Federation and the judges are on the same page. They want to send Plushenko to Sochi. He has a nice little boost going into the FS and can afford a couple of popped jumps as he commonly does. I know Plushenko is really corny in his artistry, but I still like it, it works for him for some reason. Probably because he's a legend and can do whatever the heck he wants and call it artistry.

Wow to Kovtun with the 2 quads, impressive!

Frenchie

Medalist
I know Plushenko is really corny in his artistry, but I still like it, it works for him for some reason. Probably because he's a legend and can do whatever the heck he wants and call it artistry.

IKR! But c'mon, here, his "artistry" purely consisted of crossovers until he was done jumping. At least some weird spasms could be called "artistry". But nothing at all? Compared to other skaters who actually try to make something to increase the difficulty of their programme, I just have a major problem with that.
But as I said, I can still see him get 9.32 in TR and find that cute ;)

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Oh no, why is Menshov so low? :( I've only watched Plush so far. He was pretty good, can't compare him with Kovtun since I haven't seen Kovtun and probably won't have time to watch him this morning.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have to hand it to Plushy. He can still skate a technically difficult program clean, at age 31. His spins are slow, his artistry is cheesy and I'll take others' words about his transitions, but he kind of upends the whole system, doesn't he? The other top men skaters--Chan, Hanyu, Takahashi--are all prone to mistakes, especially in the long program. It will be interesting to see if Plush skates clean with quads and loses to someone with falls or other serious mistakes. And in Russia, no less! His loss in 2010 made the quad mandatory for male skaters' sucess going forward. What will his (presumed) loss cause here?

LRK

Record Breaker
Tatjana Flade‏@Tatjana214h
RUS Nationals @EvgeniPlushenko SP score 98.42. Said he is pleased with jumps, not pleased with his spins.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Plyshenko pops jumps commonly??? That's the weirdest statement I ve ever read. Has he ever popped one? The common for him and that ' s not even so frequent is to double his lutz or salchow at the very end of his lp.
I m in love with his axel since ever, he never disappoints me.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Excellent technical skate from Plushenko :clap: ... Good to see he still has his jumps.

Unfortunately I agree with many others about his program being devoid of choreography save for the footwork (which was quite intricate and well done, actually). But that first half is a jump fest with nothing else. His spins were also pretty slow too (especially that donut spin that I thought would never end). I'm actually surprised they didn't put him over 100 just because (although no second half jumps probably caused that). Still a very solid skate, but Chan/Yuzu/Takahashi skating clean would easily score higher (although Russian judging put Julia ahead of Kostner at COR).

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh no, why is Menshov so low? :( I've only watched Plush so far. He was pretty good, can't compare him with Kovtun since I haven't seen Kovtun and probably won't have time to watch him this morning.

he was a hot mess. went for a quad sal that he wasn't comfortable with and ended up with a 3s. mistakes on the landing of the axel and solo jump (which prevented him from having a combo). but I expect him to move up in the lp if he has a decent enough skate but he certainly will not medal unless one of the top 3 implodes.