Ladies SP - 2014 Russian Championships | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP - 2014 Russian Championships

Sochi_2014

On the Ice
Terrible skate for Anna Shershak. Step out on the 3 toe 3 toe. Unsightly pop on the salchow. Fall on the axel. Yikes....

Anybody know how tall she is?

zamboni step

Final Flight
All of Volchkova's students seem to be falling apart since 2011-2012 when they looked so promising. Maria Stavitskaya must feel frustrated watching this.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Fitting that Anna Shershak would be trained by Viktoria Volchkova: both tall and gorgeous!
Too bad about the jumps - she also lost levels on the last spin.
The music didn't do it for me :(

Good for Nikol Gosviani to have replaced 3F3T by 3T3T since she always got an edge call and hence lost a lot on GOE. The Lutz wasn't pretty, but no major deduction, so I'm ok with her placing above Sakhamovich, she's really charismatic and expressive.

Oh, Lipnitskaia with a (little) mistake?
... and her Flip looked e to me.

Sochi_2014

On the Ice
70.32 for Julia. A bit inflated with the step out on the combination. But we expected that at Russian Nationals anyways. She looked great otherwise though.

Last warm-up group now. It will be interesting to see how Tuk and Adelina do.

Sochi_2014

On the Ice
Why is Elena crying?

I thought she was at first too, when they showed her. But then it looked like she was laughing? Not sure maybe she was doing both. Perhaps she was upset that Julia is above her in the standings after she skated stronger.

zamboni step

Final Flight
omg i thought it was a lutz, her edge looked severe. glad i'm not the only one who noticed.

Her flip and lutz both always look questionable most of the time in terms of edge. I also thought her flip might also have deserved a UR call.

zamboni step

Final Flight
without the 3T step out
she would have gotten 75+ in the SP ?

Probably something like that, especially given how she'd get higher PCS for skating clean.

Adelina and Liza in the next group....*braces for headcase and weight issue comments*

Sochi_2014

On the Ice
without the 3T step out
she would have gotten 75+ in the SP ?

Probably close to that. I think the judges are floating her, because had they of scored her rightfully, she would be sitting in 4th or 5th place. They are avoiding burying her, especially if some girls in the last warm-up skate well. She could have been in 6th place or lower by the end if she was judged the correctly. However, they want to make sure she gets on that Olympic team.