11. Artiemeva 57.07
12. Agafonova 53.13
13. Maximova 50.47
14. Shamsutdinova 50.01
15. Biryukova 49.89
16. Pervushkina 49.16
17. Kaiumova - 43.40
18. Shershak 42.52

Do you think anybody would notice if I sneaked into the Predictions thread and changed my predictions for the Ladies... ;)

The one competition I wanted to do well in more than any other, and 2 of my Top 5 are way down the order already. :disapp: Typical!

Oh well, I suppose it kinda balances out with the pure fluke of getting a perfect score with the Italian men...!

CaroLiza_fan

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
So barring total meltdowns, the two Olympic spots are decided now. Boooooooring!

And based on current standings, Leonova is the third lady to go to Euros. Who would have guessed? (Nobody) Tuk and Pogo are so far behind, I don't think they have a realistic chance of climbing up the ranks that far.

8 points lead of Leonova is still doable
though we can all agree nobody expected Leonova to come back and skate well

zamboni step

Final Flight
So barring total meltdowns, the two Olympic spots are decided now. Boooooooring!

And based on current standings, Leonova is the third lady to go to Euros. Who would have guessed? (Nobody) Tuk and Pogo are so far behind, I don't think they have a realistic chance of climbing up the ranks that far.

Not true, their seasons bests are so much higher than Leonova's that even if you adjust for inflation and both skate a little worse and Leonova skates a little better, they still wouldn't lose to her. Tuktamisheva' and Pogorilaya's are almost 20 points higher.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Actually that's really strange, all of Volchkova's students are really tall. I wonder if she does that intentionally or what.

actually Biryukova is not tall, especially compared to her two teammates if you ever get a chance to see off ice photos of them all standing next to one another. They tower over her.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Interesting competition so far! I am very happy for Adelina! Looks like Lenova still has fight in her. Hoping Tuk can pull up in the long. Can't wait for the free!

Not true, their seasons bests are so much higher than Leonova's that even if you adjust for inflation and both skate a little worse and Leonova skates a little better, they still wouldn't lose to her. Tuktamisheva' and Pogorilaya's are almost 20 points higher.

This was by far the best SP Leonova has skated all season, though. So she seems to have peaked at the right time.

But yes, should Leonova bomb whilst Tuk and Pogo skated near clean, they can of course theoretically overtake her.

hanca

Record Breaker
Actually that's really strange, all of Volchkova's students are really tall. I wonder if she does that intentionally or what.

Volchkova can't do that intentionally. She had the skaters before they became tall. (Unless she feeds them with growth hormone...)

zamboni step

Final Flight
actually Biryukova is not tall, especially compared to her two teammates if you ever get a chance to see off ice photos of them all standing next to one another. They tower over her.

True, she still has two very tall skaters and one average height. She really must enjoy a challenge or something, it's a shame because Korobeynikova was a beautiful skater, my second favourite behind Sotnikova.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
videos now uploaded
HQ video user: http://www.youtube.com/user/LenaElika/videos

1. Sotnikova 72.53
2. Lipnitskaia 70.32 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh_V0zXZ6_s
3. Radionova 67.76 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ksc9872Jsxw
4. Leonova 67.03 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNtzqi4vLM4
5. Proklova 64.07 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIreGUL0fds
6. Gosviani 63.20
7. Sakhanovich 62.36
8. Medeveda 62.19
9. Tuktamysheva 59.91
10. Pogorilaya 59.35
11. Artiemeva 57.07
12. Agafonova 53.13
13. Maximova 50.47
14. Shamsutdinova 50.01
15. Biryukova 49.89
16. Pervushkina 49.16
17. Kaiumova - 43.40
18. Shershak 42.52
Alena Leonova
Alexandra Proklova

True, she still has two very tall skaters and one average height. She really must enjoy a challenge or something, it's a shame because Korobeynikova was a beautiful skater, my second favourite behind Sotnikova.

What are you all talking about? The fact her skaters are tall must be totally incidental. Ockham's Razor people!

zamboni step

Final Flight
What are you all talking about? The fact her skaters are tall must be totally incidental. Ockham's Razor people!

I was joking about it being intentional. Although I do think every coach must have a preferred type of skater, perhaps even aesthetic appearance. I can definitely see the appeal in the tall, long limbed skaters like Korobeynikova and Sharshak, they always looked liked they were going to be tall. So whilst it might not be intentional it might not be totally coincidental that she has two really tall girls, this is speculation and not to be taken seriously.

gmyers

Record Breaker
With all sotnikovas likely mistakes in the fs leonova could beat her! But leonova would have to have a near perfect skate. But she's so close! Great news for her. Tuktamisheva was vey good at one point but now that's over and she needs to learn how to do sp and skate to different music and just needs new coaching and find new combos for the sp. it's terrible. She looked like she would be great but never changed anything and stagnated in programs and got worse on jumps. She had some high points as a skater but if she's done she's done.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
With all sotnikovas likely mistakes in the fs leonova could beat her! But leonova would have to have a near perfect skate. But she's so close! Great news for her. Tuktamisheva was vey good at one point but now that's over and she needs to learn how to do sp and skate to different music and just needs new coaching and find new combos for the sp. it's terrible. She looked like she would be great but never changed anything and stagnated in programs and got worse on jumps. She had some high points as a skater but if she's done she's done.

I am curious on the selection process for the Russian team. Lenova skated great but regardless of what happens I think Julia and Adelina are going to be named to the team.

I was joking about it being intentional. Although I do think every coach must have a preferred type of skater, perhaps even aesthetic appearance. I can definitely see the appeal in the tall, long limbed skaters like Korobeynikova and Sharshak, they always looked liked they were going to be tall. So whilst it might not be intentional it might not be totally coincidental that she has two really tall girls, this is speculation and not to be taken seriously.

You seriously think that any coach (especially a new one who didn't have any skaters to begin with) is going to go around picking skaters because they like how they look?

This is a perfect example of people overestimating internal and underestimating external factors when making their judgements.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am curious on the selection process for the Russian team. Lenova skated great but regardless of what happens I think Julia and Adelina are going to be named to the team.

#1 and #2 goes, if age eligible #3 is up to the coaching board/federation (ex: Kovtun last year). Olympics will be decided after Euros.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Thank you! It's a shame Russia can only send 2 ladies. They have such a deep field:(

So deep that they have 10 girls over 59.00, A result that has never happened at Worlds ;)
Even though there are some inflations, this is probably the most difficult competition for Women right now .

This is probably only the third most frustrating pick for an olympic team after the Japanese men and USA men .

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
So deep that they have 10 girls over 59.00, A result that has never happened at Worlds ;) Even though there are some inflations, this is probably the most difficult competition for Women right now . This is probably only the third most frustrating pick for an olympic team after the Japanese men and USA men .[/QUOTE

Very much agreed! Men's wise I think Japan's Nationals was the most difficult for the men. Russia has probably the deepest field in the ladies event. I am hoping Tuk has a great free. Last year at this time I swore it was going to be her and Adelina. How much things can change in a matter of months!