Quote Originally Posted by Victura View Post
I don't believe Alissa has had any injuries past the two hip surgeries. It sounded like in her comeback she had good days and bad days in training (per the interview with Yuka Sato with the Skating Lesson this fall), which is pretty standard for anyone coming back from injury, and hip injuries are particularly tough to come back from.

She hasn't said whether she'll continue to compete, but if she does want to come back and try, I certainly would love to see her pull a Ryan Bradley and go out on a high note. Otherwise, she is perfectly suited for shows and I hope to see her performing in an exhibition setting, perhaps even at the gala at Nationals this year.
Victura: she did have an injury to her calf muscle that she sustained while training for the 2011 GPF. The doctors said she wouldn't cause it any additional harm by skating on it, but her eventual placement in that GPF told another story. I can't find the article now, but I'm pretty sure I read that that injury may have led to the first torn labrum, which was not healed enough for training and competing at 2012 Worlds. I wish she could have skipped the 2012-2013 season altogether to heal slowly and carefully, then maybe she could have avoided the second tear. Oh well, "If 'ifs' and 'buts' were 'candy' and 'nuts'…"