Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Oda won't compete anymore!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I will miss his skating and his electric smile so much

Custom Title
    To me it seemed like this season his head was finally in the right place and he was really moving in the right direction with his skating. It was refreshing to see him so motivated. Really disappointing that his progress this season had to be halted so abruptly, I can't help but feel he still had room to grow.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Have you watched his programs this season? He certainly wasn't skating like he wanted to retire.

And IIRC, the 2010 SP meltdown was a combination of post-Olympics letdown and distraction as he found out that his girlfriend (now wife) was pregnant with their first son.
    I thhe felt abandoned by JSF. He might not have said it. It was clear with JSF supporting DAi so generously (they gave him both world's and oly's. It might be a mistake becaus if Dai wins Oly gold or Hanyuitwouldnt surprise me if they don't go to world's opening a spot or two to world's.

Custom Title
    I'm going to miss him so much! What with his quad-triples, gorgeously soft jump landings and kind of adorable smile - he was a skater deserving of a medal at Worlds. So sad he never got it.

So disappointed that neither Kozuka or Oda made it to the Olympics :(

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
    I thhe felt abandoned by JSF. He might not have said it. It was clear with JSF supporting DAi so generously (they gave him both world's and oly's. It might be a mistake becaus if Dai wins Oly gold or Hanyuitwouldnt surprise me if they don't go to world's opening a spot or two to world's.
    I doubt Hanyu will skip Worlds..he wants to become World Champion.

Dai..he might. If it opens a spot, Kozuka is the first alternate. Ahhhh...why must all the Japanese men be so good T_T

Medalist
    I agree with you on Hanyu I was thinking more Dai but I think whoever wins OGM might want to thank their lucky stars. Hanyu,Dai and Chan would seem to be the front runners. But you could have Ten,Javier, Yan, Machida, Abbott, Kovutun, Joubert, Amodio. Brezina, Verner also in the medal mix easily.And that leaves out Reynolds who really looks to drop out of the top ten since he hasn't skated yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2