Men FS - 2014 Russian Championships | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Men FS - 2014 Russian Championships

Sergei Voronov

4toe(turn)/2toe, 3axel, 2lutz, 4toe, 3axel/2toe, 3loop/2toe/2loop, 3salchow, 3loop

Another completely empty program. Stroking from one element to the next, almost no transitions, hardly any relation to the music.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
I used to think that before I saw him live.
He has such a command and presence, that it's incredible, you cannot take your eyes off him.

Yes, Mattieu, that's what the "Interpretation" mark is for.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Sergei Voronov

4toe(turn)/2toe, 3axel, 2lutz, 4toe, 3axel/2toe, 3loop/2toe/2loop, 3salchow, 3loop

Another completely empty program. Stroking from one element to the next, almost no transitions, hardly any relation to the music.

Lol! Eveything is empty! Empty empty empty! Just because you don't like something it isn't empty. Empty of stuff you like.

Frenchie

Medalist
Lol with he no transitions talk! Just because they aren't spread eagles or split jumps doesn't mean there are none!

you're right, there is more to transitions than spread eagles or split jumps.
but you're wrong, there ARE none.

Maxi

Rinkside
He had mistakes but I admire him him. This now is more a pride battle than a medal one at sochi.he skates for himself and he enjoys it , this is his life and think about it, it's really hard to let go of it , this is the love of his life and he has talent to do it. He is my all time favourite and he has had so many surgeries I lost track of them and going for this Oly is putting his health in danger but he still wants it, this is admirable. :bow: follow your dream king Plu!

Frenchie

Medalist
No. Just a wrong comment.

I remember a chinese skater doing 2 Quads in a free programme a long time ago, and he got sth like 5.4 / 4.6 marks.
Plushenko didn't do 2 quads.

I used to think that before I saw him live.
He has such a command and presence, that it's incredible, you cannot take your eyes off him.

Nobody is questioning his command and presence. That doesn't change the choreography is extremely basic and transitions are lacking.

Lol with he no transitions talk! Just because they aren't spread eagles or split jumps doesn't mean there are none!

There was nothing other than cross-overs and progressives. Well there was that posing in the middle but most adult skaters could do that.

Lol! Eveything is empty! Empty empty empty! Just because you don't like something it isn't empty. Empty of stuff you like.

You are very welcome to point out what Voronov did in that program. All I saw was cross-overs and progressives into the elements. There was hardly any upper body movement either. His arms were hanging down a lot or just barely raised, certainly not in time with the music and certainly not in character of the music (he was skating to Piazzolla, it really isn't hard to show at least the basic Tango movements).

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You are very welcome to point out what Voronov did in that program. All I saw was cross-overs and progressives into the elements. There was hardly any upper body movement either. His arms were hanging down a lot or just barely raised, certainly not in time with the music and certainly not in character of the music (he was skating to Piazzolla, it really isn't hard to show at least the basic Tango movements).

I never know what Voronov is skating too. He never seems to grasp the character of any of his programs to me. He just does random stuff with no relation to the music. Hate his style.

Icey

Record Breaker
No, it is not admirable to put your health at risk under these circumstances.

seniorita

Record Breaker
that was probably the worst skate i ve seen of Plush since 2004.
So he was going for two quads, had he hit the second in combo I guess, what is this jump layout after, I m really lost to what they planned, can someone enlightened me?

Zhan Bush

4toe, 3axel, 3toe/3toe(two-footed), 3loop, 3axel(underrotated, fall), 3lutz(shaky landing, possibly cheated), 3flip(possible lip) into 1axel(overrotated), 2axel

There were quite a lot of transitions throughout (not particularly hard but he was doing various turns in between the elements and there was a fair amount of upper body movement). Performance skills were lacking though. Lines were poor, his movements were quite wooden and not extended.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
If he makes it till the end of Olympics, Should he go, I STILL wouldn't count him out of a medal,

This program had a Quad and 4 triples, No lutz or Flip, No combination,
Everyone except for Chan and maybe Hanyu would score pretty badly with that,
Should he do a full program that'd be a different story,
Layout was much better at Volvo cup,
And his SP could scrap a 90 in Sochi .

To everyone suggesting he gets 0's at Sochi,
When you make predictions please try and be realistic, Not emotional ;)

Sochi_2014

On the Ice
that was probably the worst skate i ve seen of Plush since 2004.
So he was going for two quads, had he hit the second in combo I guess, what is this jump layout after, I m really lost to what they planned, can someone enlightened me?

Lol I think Plushenko plans it as he goes.