Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: Men FS - 2014 Russian Championships

Custom Title

Thumbs up

I don't see why Plushenko thinks his performance would earn him a place in the team event even. That LP would have buried him and potentially deny Team Russia the gold. He certainly wouldn't get 95 points of PCS.

Gotta love the judge who gave him 10 for Choreography.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    He did one quad in Lp too. In sp his quad triple was the best I ve seen for a very long time. This kind of Lp Plushenko has repeated it like two more times in his whole carreer, everyone is entitled to such a bad skate once in the decade, I can name a few top skaters with disastrous skates, too bad he did it in the most important competition and when it counted the most!
    Unlike other skaters though he doesnt have much time to make up for this Lp unfortunately, I m baffled he is skipping Euros, since clearly Head of Russia said the only ones who are guaranted an Olumpic spot so far are V/T and B/S and none else.
    On the other hand he has gone as far as he could so I dont expect anything.

Custom Title
    I don't believe he's just skipping euros. I think because nobody really annouces retirement anymore that's retirement.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Kovtun could pick up more points if he upgraded his last two jumps.

At the moment he's doing 3salchow/2toe and 2axel. He could upgrade those to 3flip/2toe and 3loop giving him 3.3 more points.

I guess he's keeping it simpler for stamina/consistency reasons (I mean he's going for three quads and two 3axels).

Custom Title
    Hopefully Kovtun-Plushenko doesn't end up like Gosvani-Leonova last year

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Kovtun could pick up more points if he upgraded his last two jumps.

At the moment he's doing 3salchow/2toe and 2axel. He could upgrade those to 3flip/2toe and 3loop giving him 3.3 more points.

I guess he's keeping it simpler for stamina/consistency reasons (I mean he's going for three quads and two 3axels).
    Yeah it could be a comfort level thing like how Javier does a solo 3S instead of a triple lutz or flip or axel.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15