Men FS - 2014 Russian Championships | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Men FS - 2014 Russian Championships

Icey

Record Breaker
To think how promising Gachinski used to seem when very young. I hope he can sort out his personal issues, as they seem to clearly hold his skating back. Mishin's outdated coaching approach isn't helping either.

Because she has no taste, apparently. :p

Glad to know someone besides me thinks the same way about Mishin.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Plushenko has no transitions to speak of. The 1st half so far is him waiting to set up the jumps.........no choreography either.

Plushenko 'bombs' for his standard.

4toe(cheated), 3toe, 3salchow, 3loop /2nd half/ 2axel into 2axel, 2lutz, 2axel (won't count), 3axel

Jumps aside, the program couldn't have been any emptier. He was stroking from one element to the next, then did some posing in the middle and then more stroking into jumps. CH and TR should in the 2s, honestly... He was quite slow (for a skater at his level) as well. Even on the steps, he seemed a little tired and didn't have his usual fire. His body really is pushed to its absolute limits.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I will be never tired of saying this: NO TRANSITIONS. 0. NOTHING between the elements. I hope the judges in Sochi will give him the scores he deserves... :disapp:

Sochi_2014

On the Ice
I don't care what anyone says, I love Plushenko and his questionable hip thrusts. He has such a command over the ice, and you can't help but watch him, even if you don't like him.

Too bad he trippled the second quad and doubled a couple of axels, and doubled the lutz, but good for him for sneaking that triple axel into the end there. Hopefully his score will hold to beat our Kovtun.

I will be never tired of saying this: NO TRANSITIONS. 0. NOTHING between the elements. I hope the judges in Sochi will give him the scores he deserves... :disapp:

In this program (and the SP) even more so than in the past.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
That was NOT a medal contender performance for sure. Even if he'd done the jumps well there is not a lot going on in the program.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
4toe(cheated), 3toe, 3salchow, 3loop /2nd half/ 2axel into 2axel, 2lutz, 2axel (won't count), 3axel

At least Gorshkov isn't the only one here who can't count. I expected more from Plushenko, jump wise. Program is an aweful mess.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
I don't care what anyone says, I love Plushenko and his questionable hip thrusts.

LOL! :laugh:

Honestly, with this performance at the Olympics, anywhere but in Russia, that would be outside of the top 10.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Really, if the judges were fair, they sould give him something like 3.50 for TR...

Mattieu

Medalist

I used to think that before I saw him live.
He has such a command and presence, that it's incredible, you cannot take your eyes off him.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
LOL! :laugh:

Honestly, with this performance at the Olympics, anywhere but in Russia, that would be outside of the top 10.

Oh, and if his name wasn't Plushenko, it would be outside the top 20. You know, transitions and stuff.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Lol with he no transitions talk! Just because they aren't spread eagles or split jumps doesn't mean there are none!

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
One of the weirdest skates i've ever seen ^_^

Still love this guy, At least he made the quad and the 3axle count,
Spins look slightly faster
But what the hell ?! ^_^