Men FS - 2014 Russian Championships | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Men FS - 2014 Russian Championships

Sochi_2014

On the Ice
Okay it's clear that Kovtun should beat Plushenko, but let's see if the judges hold up Plushenko...

Maxim Kovtun

4salchow(solid), 2salchow/1toe, 4toe(solid) /2nd half/ 3axel/2toe, 3axel, 3lutz, 3salchow/2toe, 2axel

Best basics so far. Good speed, lovely flow throughout. Posture and lines very decent also. Program was average. Not too complex in terms of choreo and transitions but not totally empty either and he seemed to be moving in-time with the music a lot of the time.

Phew! I thought the judges would placed that 2nd.

Mishin's facial expression, both after Kovtun finished and after the score was announced, was not the most joyful. :p

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Okay it's clear that Kovtun should beat Plushenko, but let's see if the judges hold up Plushenko...

IKR!
I was shocked they actually let him win.
OK, that was step 1 of 2.
Let's see what happens at Euros.

Icey

Record Breaker
Thank god, Kovtun won. I have nothing against Plush, but it would have been a travesty to let him win here.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Should they send Kovtun, Plushenko still gets to go to the Team event .

having him win there would balance it all out i guess,
He should've had some more content, The fool, it's only like 5 point apart right ?

Mikhail Kolyada

3salchow, 3axel (wild landing), 3lutz/3toe(step out), he walked over to the judges as his boot has unlaced, he restarts his program pops the loop into a single and walks over to the referee again to withdraw and bows to the audience :(

Kovtun might have made it... If he only added a 2A SEQ to that last jump... There was still a combo left!

He did 3 combos.

On another note, I think that Kovtun's solo 3axel could have been cheated.

He should've had some more content, The fool, it's only like 5 point apart right ?

He had more content planned. He tripled the second quad and doubled some of his jumps. The landing of the first quad wasn't solid enough to do a combo there. I guess he could have added some more combinations. He only did one (sequence). If he just added 2toe and 2toe/2toe at the end of anything, especially in the second half, that would have been a fair amount of extra points.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Should they send Kovtun, Plushenko still gets to go to the Team event .

having him win there would balance it all out i guess,

Only one russian man, Kovtun or Plushenko but not both. I guess one can skate the team, w/d claiming injury, and the sub skate the individual event but i doubt that happens. Kovtun will probably get the spot now if Plushenko doesn't outskate him at Euros.

Kolyada w/ds how sad.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Thank god, Kovtun won. I have nothing against Plush, but it would have been a travesty to let him win here.
:yes:
I want to make it clear that I don't have anything against Plushy, I absolutely admire what he's doing at such an age, I simply disagree with the scores that the judges give him

Only one russian man, Kovtun or Plushenko but not both. I guess one can skate the team, w/d claiming injury, and the sub skate the individual event but i doubt that happens. Kovtun will probably get the spot now if Plushenko doesn't outskate him at Euros.

Kolyada w/ds how sad.

You can replace skaters between SP and FS.