What are you looking forward to at US Nationals 2014? | Golden Skate

What are you looking forward to at US Nationals 2014?

flying camel

Medalist
Well its almost that time. US Nationals is just around the corner. What are you looking forward to seeing?

For me, I want to see Ashley skate really well. I want to see top technical skills for the US girls. I mean I want to see triple/triples in the SP for the girls. I want to see competitive skating. I also want to see some break out performances from some newcomers.

Mirai gets third. Jason Brown makes the team.

Dance is the killer, for me. After Davis and White, I can't decide which two of Chock and Bates, Shibutani and Shibutani, or Hubbel and Donahue to root for. Go Lynn and Logan! :)

Welcome, Orc! Post often, post long!

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
I want to see a real shootout for Olympic spots. Where you know as a viewer: "this is it. The tension must be unbearable."
Where you don't have to keep in the back of your mind "well, if he/she skates poorly, they'll still find a way to send him/her.
Maybe not fair to the skater, but it gives the viewer 100% of the thrill knowing "This competition IS important".
I'm looking forward to that :) ANd hopefully a working livestream!!!

flutzy13

On the Ice
A good fight between Wagner and Gold but I find myself really rooting for Wagner. I hope both skate clean and I'm excited to see how the much discussed third spot shakes out.

Watching what might be D&W's last Nats live. Love all the top 4 dance teams and actually am not at all excited to see one be left home.

I am so excited to see Jason Brown skate as a contender for the Olympic team. Also hoping for good skates for Adam & Max.

Excited to see how C&S and D&S skate at home. I'm sure it's going to be amazing for them but also added pressure especially in a sports crazed town like Boston. Really would love to see C&S have two clean skates, land the quad (and the SBS jumps) and defend their title.

Sochi_2014

On the Ice
I want to see fair judging most of all. Looking forward to seeing who gets this 3rd ladies spot also.

desertskates

Medalist
A 205+ total score for Ashley. Gracie a strong second. And Mirai on the team.
After that, fair judging and healthy competitors :)

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I want to see Ashley skate well to win, Gracie skate well to earn silver, and someone like Courtney or Polina to get bronze so they can get the Olympic experience and build on it the next four years.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I am looking forward to the senior FD & SD. I hope all the teams skate their very best!

And I want to see Hawayek & Baker win Jr. Dance.

I hope the SC of Boston pairs skate programs they can be proud of. Likewise Ross Miner.

I hope Jason Brown qualifies for the Olympics :)

phaeljones

On the Ice
The men's competition is going to be awesome. I hope that they are all at their best, but most of all:

I want to see Rippon nail his quad. And if he doesn't, skate beautifully regardless as if it doesn't matter. (But I really really want to see him nail the quad. He so deserves it.)

I just want to see Jason Brown skate because I just forget about the score when he skates. He just reminds me what skating should really be about and I love any competition that he participates in just because he is in it. Just be there, Jason.

Robeye

Final Flight
Great performances by Ashley and Gracie, suitably inflated to keep up with the international Joneses. ;) That means at least 210 for clean skates, baby. :biggrin:

I would also like to see Mirai make it back to the Olympics, and demonstrate that she has re-committed to her career and the next cycle.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
I want to see Rippon nail his quad.

which one? Toeloop, or Lutz?
Or has he given up on the 4Lz for good this season?
If he doesn't fall and only gets a < and not a <<, then it might still be worth trying both quads in the free pointswise...

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Lights out skating all around and crowds to their feet!

For Mirai to have two great skates and punch her ticket to Sochi along with Ashley:)

Max Aaron, Gracie Gold, and Chock and Bates to make us remember why we had such high hopes for them at the end of last year.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
For Ashley to win her third straight National title, and for Davis/White and the ShibSibs to skate lights-out to a massive crowd.