Pairs FS - 2014 Russian Championships | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Pairs FS - 2014 Russian Championships

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Per FSU on word about K/S:
Sure. ;-) I talked to a Federation official this morning. He said he doesn't think they'd be ready for Europeans. They train and do the pair elements, but he doesn't jump yet. He thinks they probably could be considered for Worlds. For Olympic Games - probably not. The top two teams from Nationals go to Europeans, the third spot at Euros will be given to Volosozhar/Trankov.

So V/T, S/K, and B/L to Euros and more than likely to the Olympics.

marcolee925

Rinkside
Argh thanks. I didn't know K&S are out of the Olympics.

That means both B&L and S&K will make Sochi with V&T? That just makes this whole Nationals very unexciting! Glad I am only reading about this after the event. :laugh:

(still, I am glad the right team won Nationals)

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Argh thanks. I didn't know K&S are out of the Olympics.

That means both B&L and S&K will make Sochi with V&T? That just makes this whole Nationals very unexciting! Glad I am only reading about this after the event. :laugh:

(still, I am glad the right team won Nationals)

Not necessarily out, but Euros is a qualifying event to the Olympics and K/S wont be there. They haven't competed all season and its not like they are vastly superior to Russia's 3rd team S/K. Tough decisions but I hope S/K get to go to the Olympics.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Euros is a qualifying event to the Olympics and K/S wont be there. They haven't competed all season and its not like they are vastly superior to Russia's 3rd team S/K. Tough decisions but I hope S/K get to go to the Olympics.

That's what the big stake was for me in this pair's event: determine who is the 2nd and who is the 3rd Russian pair. S/K have beaten B/L here. If they repeat that at Euros, the Russian Federation will have to accept they are above B/L.
Then, I hope there could still be a test skate between Euros and Olympics to see if Kavaguti/Smirnov are fit enough to get the 3rd spot instead of B/L.
Given all they went through to be able to go to Sochi, especially her giving up her Japanese Citizenship and all the crap she got about that, I really hope they can make the team.

Vera Bazarova/Yuri Larionov
3T - she fell (before he had taken off)

LOL - Thank you Sequinsgalore for this little gem of information!
Larionov must really be used to her falling, since he took off after she had fallen, and still did a clean jump! :laugh:

Jedi

On the Ice
Will the Russian Federation consider K and S or is it over for them. I think it would be a miracle and I would be against it if it were not for what I saw the JSF did with Daisuke at the expense of Kozuka and Oda - poor Oda was so upset he just retired . B and L need to sort out those jumps and V and T must be scared now that the Germans have beaten them at the GPF and could do it again at the Olympics especially if the Germans do the throw triple axel.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Will the Russian Federation consider K and S or is it over for them. I think it would be a miracle and I would be against it if it were not for what I saw the JSF did with Daisuke at the expense of Kozuka and Oda - poor Oda was so upset he just retired . B and L need to sort out those jumps and V and T must be scared now that the Germans have beaten them at the GPF and could do it again at the Olympics especially if the Germans do the throw triple axel.

no they're not, they took a break and skipped nationals as not to peak early
but V/T will compete head to head again with S/S at Euros

so No, they are not scared :rolleye: