Thread: Jeremy Abbott on NPR

skating philosopher

Jeremy Abbott on NPR

NPR ran Aspen Public Radio's piece on Jeremy Abbott this morning. It was fun hearing about figure skating on my drive into work.

http://www.npr.org/2014/01/06/259394...-spot-in-sochi

Thanks Mrs.P. How cool listing to a Jeremy interview on your way to work. I love listening to the radio when I drive. Not often figure skating on, but it has happened.

I'm worried about Jeremy sounding nervous. Anyway, he says his goal is a medal at Sochi… so if he says so… fine with me. Yuka praises him, but doesn't say anything about medals. Maybe she is more down to earth

Brand new black skates. Is that good? Hope so... lucky skates... GO Jeremy

Great hearing from Jeremy before US Nationals. My fingers are crossed that he wins a spot to Sochi. I will be rooting for him.
    Thank you for sharing.

GO Jeremy!

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    Thanks Mrs.P. How cool listing to a Jeremy interview on your way to work. I love listening to the radio when I drive. Not often figure skating on, but it has happened.

I'm worried about Jeremy sounding nervous. Anyway, he says his goal is a medal at Sochi… so if he says so… fine with me. Yuka praises him, but doesn't say anything about medals. Maybe she is more down to earth

Brand new black skates. Is that good? Hope so... lucky skates... GO Jeremy
    I wish him well but before focussing on a medal in Sochi he might want to try to make it out of US Nationals with an oly spot unless he has been saving himself until now he is not a sure bet. I wish him well I like his skating but I hope those who have shown a great body of work - Dai, Chan in particular win. Abbott truly would be a one shot wonder - at least Baiul, Lipiniski, Hughes had won world medals before taking an oly title.