Israeli Nationals December 26-28, 2013 | Golden Skate

Israeli Nationals December 26-28, 2013

Dramahkween

On the Ice
Israeli Nationals begin today at Ice Peaks in Holon. It looks as though there will be a club competition in conjunction with Sr. and Jr. Nationals. Entry List:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...60877021.73994.202067166495322&type=1&theater

Not sure of the schedule but I know the Sr. Ladies skate at 6:30pm local time.

Good luck to Danielle Montalbano, Oleksii Bychenko and Artem Tsoglin! It's a shame Kim Cheremsky isn't skating- I love her!

Robin26

Rinkside
So happy for Danielle Montalbano. She deserves it after all shes been thru. And from what I heard she skated great!!

Ice Peaks in Holon? I thought the only ice rink in Israel was in Metulla?

As for Shelepen losing, given she's a past JGPF competitor, it sounds shocking but her skating has been on a downward spiral for a while now. And we've seen it before. You start representing another country, you don't have as much competition to keep motivating you, you might start to struggle with funding and things start falling apart at the seams.

Good for Montalbano, he comeback is very inspiring.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
AFAIK Shelepen's been injured and is still working on getting her jumps back, so I wouldn't read too much into how she skated here; also, it's not a full-sized rink, which affected everyone's skating and content. You can get a sense of the size from this video of D/K's short program.

It's certainly nice for Montalbano to get the win, of course.

Ziggy - Metulla used to be the site for Israeli Nationals (and the discontinued Skate Israel), but the IISF and the Canada Centre management don't get along so it's not held there. There's also a good sized (possibly Olympic) mall rink in Eilat. It opened less than two years ago, but some of the pre-novice kids came from there.

Robin26

Rinkside
I agree that it is great for Montalbano. she lost her olympic spot to a new pair girl who from what I see cannot do more than a triple toe. she came back with a steel plate and 6 screws to train round the clock. That is what this sport needs to show the little girls, work hard and never quit.
Ice Peaks in Holon? I thought the only ice rink in Israel was in Metulla?

As for Shelepen losing, given she's a past JGPF competitor, it sounds shocking but her skating has been on a downward spiral for a while now. And we've seen it before. You start representing another country, you don't have as much competition to keep motivating you, you might start to struggle with funding and things start falling apart at the seams.

Good for Montalbano, he comeback is very inspiring.