Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Can Plushenko close the gap on Kovtun?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    I don't get that emotional watching his skates, personally, but that's great if he evokes those feelings in his fans.
    Do you get emotional watching anyone's skates? Not necessarily to the point of feeling weepy - but emotional? This isn't meant as criticism - I'm merely curious. I get the impression that you watch skating from a more... for lack of a better word presenting itself... intellectual perspective. Figure skating can be enjoyed in a lot of ways - and I think that is one of the great things about it - and different things "speak" to different people. But sometimes I think that in a discussion this can lead to people talking at cross purposes, as they aren't coming from the same place, so to speak.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    Do you get emotional watching anyone's skates? Not necessarily to the point of feeling weepy - but emotional? This isn't meant as criticism - I'm merely curious. I get the impression that you watch skating from a more... for lack of a better word presenting itself... intellectual perspective. Figure skating can be enjoyed in a lot of ways - and I think that is one of the great things about it - and different things "speak" to different people. But sometimes I think that in a discussion this can lead to people talking at cross purposes, as they aren't coming from the same place, so to speak.
    I like this topic...I think I'm going to start a new thread.. Hope that's OK, I think it will yield interesting discussion.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I like this topic...I think I'm going to start a new thread.. Hope that's OK, I think it will yield interesting discussion.
    Oh, absolutely! I'll be looking forward to reading the ensuing discussion.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9