Protocols Russian Nationals 2013-2014 | Golden Skate

Protocols Russian Nationals 2013-2014

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I couldn't get the file to open. Did anyone else have problems?

No, it opened fine for me there now.

Mind you, be warned that it is written in Cyrillic characters!

And, when I tried to put it into Google Translate there now, it said the file size was too large.

But, if the entry list for the Chinese Nationals was anything to go by, I don't think Google likes translating PDF's anyway.

Nevertheless, there are bound to be some very interesting nuggets of information that even us English-speakers can pick out! ;)

CaroLiza_fan

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I can open it too. It is in Cyrillic but if you know who does what jump layout you can figure out who's who. Some of the names even look a little like they do in English (i.e. Sotnikova is Cothnkoba).

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Yup, I just guessed the names based on placements and Cyrillic guessing... After a while you start learning Russian characters (e.g. H is N, B is V, etc). :laugh:

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Thanks a lot for the protocols! :)

- Sotnikova LP: She got 3Lz3Lo<. Had she gotten 3Lz3Lo<<, Lipnitskaya would have become National Champion.
- Pogorilaya SP: I was surprised they didn't hold her up more, given her results this year. Turns out they deemed she had 3Lz3T<, FCSp1 and StSq2. So a lot of small mistakes added up. Well, that and 3 points less than Leonova in PCS ;)
Sakhanovich LP: All this crazy technical content with 3-3 combos and arms up the head everywhere, and the only < call she got was... on a 2A! :laugh:
- Choreo Seq in the ladies LP: As I wrote yesterday:
- General observation: especially in the first group (13 to 18 after SP), I was disappointed by many of the Choreo Sequences: Many were short, with crossovers in between, and just simple. I know there are no levels awarded to them, but aren't there some requirements they have to meet? Like go from one side to the other? Some really treated the ChSeq as a throw away element. :disapp:
I'm glad to see there were some criteria to meet. Shershak and Agafonova didn't get their ChSq ratified, ergo 0pts for it. And several of them got GOE of 0, which given national championship inflation, is pretty much a "boo!" by the judges! ;)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I'm surprised sky_fly hasn't whined about Julia's 3L< yet with more cries of robbery.

Plushenko's PCS scores are hilarious.

Not just his PCS but also +1s and +2s (and some +3s) GOE for slow spins and steps in the SP (he was a little better in the FS in that regard IIRC).

Ilynikh/Katsalapov got negative GOE from only one judge for their twizzles and the other mistakes/poor execution on some of their elements didn't get penalised either (the same judge gave them 0 GOE for the diagonal step sequence). I wonder whether it was judges failing to see things or whether there was strong pressure to have them place high no matter what (or both ;)).

Not a single edge call for Lipnitskaia or Sotnikova (not saying the necessarily should have got some but you see some for Radionova and skaters ranked lower).

As for the choreo sequences, as long as judges don't care and don't give negative GOE for poorly performed, 'couldn't-care-less' choreo sequences, the skaters will keep executing that this way. :mad:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Not a single edge call for Lipnitskaia or Sotnikova (not saying the necessarily should have got some but you see some for Radionova and skaters ranked lower).

Sotnikova had a clear outside edge prior to the takeoff into the lutz. I know she may have flattened it out a bit but this attempt looked better than any this season when she clearly went on the inside edge before the jump.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Not just his PCS but also +1s and +2s (and some +3s) GOE for slow spins and steps in the SP (he was a little better in the FS in that regard IIRC).

Ilynikh/Katsalapov got negative GOE from only one judge for their twizzles and the other mistakes/poor execution on some of their elements didn't get penalised either (the same judge gave them 0 GOE for the diagonal step sequence). I wonder whether it was judges failing to see things or whether there was strong pressure to have them place high no matter what (or both ;)).

As for the choreo sequences, as long as judges don't care and don't give negative GOE for poorly performed, 'couldn't-care-less' choreo sequences, the skaters will keep executing that this way. :mad:

I agree.... As long as the skaters stay on their feet, they get +GOE even if the sequence is slow and unspirited.

As for Julia -- her SP was a very obvious flutz, however her edge on both lutzes in the FS were more of a flat and she could have got the benefit of the doubt.