Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Results 151 to 158 of 158

Thread: Mao must let the triple axel go for shot at gold in Sochi

  1. #151
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    153
    Asada needs 3A, because Her Jump Quality is too bad.(UR, 2footed, Edge...)
    She needs Difficulty desperately.

  2. #152
    the Golden Era sky_fly20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,856
    seems it wont matter again anyways
    Kim looks to be in top form again and to be in peak for the Olympics
    Mao will have to settle for silver or bronze again

  3. #153
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by os168
    We can go round this all day. Twist and turn my words to fit an argument. Instead of being obsessed with proving I am wrong, you need to see the big picture which are the inherent flaws of the current system which became vulnerable to exploitation that made it easy for political trickery. It is no longer a sport that can be won purely on optimal performances with freedom in a FREE PROGRAM be all you can be, but one that has been handicapped by legality, banality on the decimal points here and there, cherry pick SELECTIVE rules that benefit certain rich federations skaters, while disenfranchise those with no power, but does not apply the standards across the board consistently with care and being principled. It has became one hot mess if I can be completely honest. The Hanyu overmarking with JSF in full force has really put me off him despite I have touted him as future OGM since the very beginning. Never thought I'd say this 4 years ago, but now I want to support Patrick Chan... that is how strongly I feel about it (Oh yeah and I like his programs the best this season out of the mens)
    I haven't twisted anything. Your brought up the analogy to other sports. Either stand by your own analogy or don't. It would be nice to actually discuss the fairness of rules, but you haven't brought up any logic about the fairness of the rules besides complaining about the eville Japanese federation for the the umpteenth time and bringing Hanyu into this. But you really needn't worry. The eville Japanese federation couldn't even get Mao's clean looking 3A ratified at GPF in their own country LOL, even though the British, French, and Russian Eurosport commentators all said the 3A looked clean. Rest assured. I'm sure that at Sochi, Mao will continue to get unreasonable downgrades like that, Yuna will win easily, and you will be back here praising this judging system for how fair it is.

  4. #154
    Custom Title chapis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    México
    Posts
    573
    I don't understand Why some people complain about Mao obtaining benefits because her "powerful" federation ,that in my view point that federation is of chocolate (a joke). If they are so powerful Why Yuna got those scores in OG and worlds? I remember in 4cc 2009 Yuna got like 72 or 73 in sp, and YUna, orser and her fans were súper happy with that score, for The ISU would be very easy left her socores like that because she get so many points in goe and pcs and are so subjectives, easly manipulables, so stop to say YUna is a poor victim because she is from a small federation, if you want to say she deserves her high scores at least you should recognize that judges never put her down, because I repeat goes and pcs Are SUBJECTIVES and if The japanese federation or isu want put her down they wouldn't give her so high score.

  5. #155
    Riveted vegarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    368
    I think a lot of folks have already made great points that if Mao wants to do three 3As, then she should just go for it - if she wants them, then she deserves to go all out in her last Olympics. I also agree that she has a lot to offer with her skating other than the famed 3A, but after all is said and done, calculating what could possibly garner a few more points may backfire anyway. I think it would be better for her to be happy that she's given everything she wants to give rather than calculating what may or may not work.

    That said, I am a little sad -- or maybe not sad, surprised? -- that skating has not made much progress in 3A. After the rule change, I expected more youngsters to want to have a go at 3A, but nothing has changed too much the last four years. Especially comparing to men's. Men's now have quads pretty regularly, and the world records set in the last Olympics have been broken. Not so with ladies. Yuna was the one who came the closest again last Worlds. I thought perhaps there are more up and comers attempting 3-3 (the Russian ladies and Gold, etc) than before, but I think last Olympics the top five or six ladies all had 3-3 in their arsenal and weren't afraid to use it, so maybe that's not true either.

    I hope that newcomers have talents and skills to go after 3A in the future. Regardless of whether you are Mao or Yuna fans, no one can deny that the ladies FS advanced by miles in techniques in part due to Mao's 3A and Yuna's consistent 3-3. After they retire, I would like to see other great competitions pushing the boundaries, if not necessarily from a rivalry.

  6. #156
    Custom Title chapis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    México
    Posts
    573
    Quote Originally Posted by vegarin View Post
    I

    That said, I am a little sad -- or maybe not sad, surprised? -- that skating has not made much progress in 3A. After the rule change, I expected more youngsters to want to have a go at 3A, but nothing has changed too much the last four years. Especially comparing to men's. Men's now have quads pretty regularly, and the world records set in the last Olympics have been broken. Not so with ladies. Yuna was the one who came the closest again last Worlds. I thought perhaps there are more up and comers attempting 3-3 (the Russian ladies and Gold, etc) than before, but I think last Olympics the top five or six ladies all had 3-3 in their arsenal and weren't afraid to use it, so maybe that's not true either.
    It is a reflect of The difficult of The jump, not even with The rule change, that is supposly so beneficial to Mao, other skaters try it. It is better we wait sit down to see another talent and brave lady skater.

  7. #157
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,182
    Quote Originally Posted by vegarin View Post
    I think a lot of folks have already made great points that if Mao wants to do three 3As, then she should just go for it - if she wants them, then she deserves to go all out in her last Olympics. I also agree that she has a lot to offer with her skating other than the famed 3A, but after all is said and done, calculating what could possibly garner a few more points may backfire anyway. I think it would be better for her to be happy that she's given everything she wants to give rather than calculating what may or may not work.

    That said, I am a little sad -- or maybe not sad, surprised? -- that skating has not made much progress in 3A. After the rule change, I expected more youngsters to want to have a go at 3A, but nothing has changed too much the last four years. Especially comparing to men's. Men's now have quads pretty regularly, and the world records set in the last Olympics have been broken. Not so with ladies. Yuna was the one who came the closest again last Worlds. I thought perhaps there are more up and comers attempting 3-3 (the Russian ladies and Gold, etc) than before, but I think last Olympics the top five or six ladies all had 3-3 in their arsenal and weren't afraid to use it, so maybe that's not true either.

    I hope that newcomers have talents and skills to go after 3A in the future. Regardless of whether you are Mao or Yuna fans, no one can deny that the ladies FS advanced by miles in techniques in part due to Mao's 3A and Yuna's consistent 3-3. After they retire, I would like to see other great competitions pushing the boundaries, if not necessarily from a rivalry.
    3axels are harder for females then males obviously not just because the men have superior speed and power but women's bodies are not built to do those kind of jumps. As for 3-3 combo's the top Ladies now are attempting them much more then back in 2010.

  8. #158
    Riveted vegarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    3axels are harder for females then males obviously not just because the men have superior speed and power but women's bodies are not built to do those kind of jumps. As for 3-3 combo's the top Ladies now are attempting them much more then back in 2010.
    Of course I know how hard it is for ladies to land 3A -- and I was comparing it to quads, which had a similar status in men as 3A, but definitely more men are landing quads than ladies landing 3A, so perhaps quad is easier for men than 3A is to ladies? I wouldn't know.

    And yes, I know ladies have been landing 3-3 long before 2010, but if I recall correctly, Arakawa won without 3-3 in the 2006 Olympics, and other ladies couldn't land them well, which cost them gold, but by 2010, all the top ladies landed and landed well. I was talking about that difference and whether we would see that sort of difference in the next Olympics. Probably not.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •