Thread: Russian dancers assigned to European's 2014

On the Ice

Question Russian dancers assigned to European's 2014

does anyone know why bobrova/soloviev are not in the team for budapest ?

fab from france

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Fab, I'd like to know that myself. There have been theories, but none of them make any sense.

On the Ice
    may not to be front of pechalat/bourzat before sotchi ????

Custom Title
    New free Dance theory!! Just to think that dance would be acceptable for a medal is too ridiculous in this new environment of total North American domination to fathom. Even if they won bronze it would be a massive scandal especially if a North American team was 4th like w/p.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Zhulin said they need training time & that R&T and Z&G are having a skate off for who gets to go to Sochi???

Yes, they may have to compete both SD and FD plus individual so he wants them to prepare for that instead.

It may be a little hard for them to compete Euros, Olympic team (SD/FD), and individual in such a short turn around time.

Article http://sochi2014.rsport.ru/sochi2014...711201045.html

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    Yes, they may have to compete both SD and FD plus individual so he wants them to prepare for that instead.

It may be a little hard for them to compete Euros, Olympic team (SD/FD), and individual in such a short turn around time.

Article http://sochi2014.rsport.ru/sochi2014...711201045.html
    Well Ice dance is one of the best of the disciplines as for time if you had to do both routines - the worst being pairs and V and T might have to do that with B and L not being too good on their individual jumps and K and S sidelined. R and T must be nervous - their final shot.

They are switching out the pairs. V/T will only do the short. Hopefully S/K will do the LP. K/S will more than likely not be there.

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Zhulin said they need training time & that R&T and Z&G are having a skate off for who gets to go to Sochi???
    I think the 'skate off' theory makes more sense than the training time theory but either way it is very weird indeed.

Custom Title
    It is definitely because the fed needs a skate off between R/T and S/Z. B/S is solid Russia No.1 right now. They don't need to go to euros. I/K on the other hand has a lot to prove and may surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by noidont View Post
    It is definitely because the fed needs a skate off between R/T and S/Z. B/S is solid Russia No.1 right now. They don't need to go to euros. I/K on the other hand has a lot to prove and may surprise.
    I think this and also that B/S don't want to run the risk of losing to P/B before Sochi.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I think this and also that B/S don't want to run the risk of losing to P/B before Sochi.
    Yes and on neutral ground they definitely would. They need to avoid that, and with P/B having a loss to I/K this season (despite beating B/S twice) keep them close enough going into the Games that it can be justified to "give" B&S the bronze medal on home ice. Very smart unfortunately, and will likely make it easier to gift the undeserving B&S at the Games. Had they lost a 3rd straight time to P&B at such a high profile event, it would have been much harder to get away with their "plan" at the Games.

Meanwhile if Russian #2 I&K come up with a huge effort like their last meeting with P&B, and with B&S not blocking their way come up with another big win over P&B, that would only help the Russians even more going into the Games.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    They are switching out the pairs. V/T will only do the short. Hopefully S/K will do the LP. K/S will more than likely not be there.
    Don't be too sure of that. V/T may have to skate both if Russia wants gold.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    They did skate GPF. If they were afraid of this why they skated there? I really expected them to skip because their free dance is not ready for the Final. Everbody expected 6th place finish.

I think If russia going to change ladies and pairs for team event in Olympics then one russian ice dance team had to do both SD and FD. Bobrova/Soloviev for SD, Ilinykh/Katsalapov for FD could be good. They have one week for ice dance competition and we will see how team event going to effect skaters. Other dancers Virtue/Moir and Davis/White will be there too.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
    Don't be too sure of that. V/T may have to skate both if Russia wants gold.
    Short programs are much more important. In the long program only 5 team going to skate. Russian team (S/K or B/L) can lost to Canadians or even Italians but they can still get 8 point. Volosozhar/Trankov can get 10 point for first place finish in short. I'm sure they will not risked another gold with only 1 or 2 point.