Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming skating teleconferences

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Can you actually opt-out of a conference? I would think if you were asked you would have to do so...
    As far as I am aware, USFS teleconferences are not mandatory, but most athletes like to do them as it gives them added media exposure especially before a major competition.

Custom Title
    Just off teleconference with Ross Miner. Said is ankle injury (sprain) has been resolved (he changed his boots) and is in full training which has been going well. No decision yet on quad Salchow in SP but looks good. Theme for FS is Boston Strong, reflecting a tribute to those hurt in the Boston Marathon bombing. Said it was the easiest program to choreograph. He is always nervous for Nationals but not any more nervous because of it being held in Boston. He is very excited to compete there.

skating philosopher
    All audio from the teleconferences can be found here (per Ice Network twitter): http://www.icenetwork.com/video/topi...5720/v31283377

skating philosopher
    Per Lynn Rutherford on Twitter :

On his teleconference @jasonbskates said he's working on his quad every day, but it will not be in programs at '14 US Championships.

For quad, Brown & coach Kori Ade are sticking with same strategy they used for 3A: "Not pushing too hard, not risking integrity of programs"

The strategy may work; w/o quad Brown scored 84.77 for his short during Grand Prix. Will focus on flow in & out of jumps to gain higher GOE.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    I assume Abbot could have decided not to participate in the teleconference... with a lot of negative type questions finding him lately he may want to stay away from those voices getting into his head...
    I'm an Abbott fan, but the further he stays away from media, the better. He got thrown under the bus by his own Colorado Newspaper- and USFS did nothing to help him. Seems they were happy to watch him go under. Happy. They don't want him in Sochi. So- I hope Abbott maintains a low profile and lets his skating speak for him.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by centerpt1 View Post
    I'm an Abbott fan, but the further he stays away from media, the better. He got thrown under the bus by his own Colorado Newspaper- and USFS did nothing to help him. Seems they were happy to watch him go under. Happy. They don't want him in Sochi. So- I hope Abbott maintains a low profile and lets his skating speak for him.
    Huh??

ETA: I'm guessing the comment RE: the anti-gay law in Russia?

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    All audio from the teleconferences can be found here (per Ice Network twitter): http://www.icenetwork.com/video/topi...5720/v31283377
    Only the first 4 are up so far

Meryl Davis & Charlie White
    http://web.icenetwork.com/video/topi...720/v31283377/

Ashley Wagner
    http://web.icenetwork.com/video/topi...720/v31283279/

Max Aaron
    http://web.icenetwork.com/video/topi...720/v31283311/

Agnes Zawadzki
    http://web.icenetwork.com/video/topi...720/v31283311/

Custom Title
    Teleconference with Jason Brown: Although he continues to work on the quad, Brown does not plan a quad jump in his programs for Nationals, but he feels he still has as good a chance as anyone to make the Olympic Team, citing Evan Lysacek’s win in Vancouver as inspiration. He has been training well working on consistency and more flow in both programs, and making everything look effortless. He is working with a sports psychologist. His first year on the senior international circuit has been a confidence booster and he’s really excited to compete in Boston.

skating philosopher
    Thanks for the full report, KKonas. Though given the amount of grief Evan got on these boards for winning the Olympics w/o a quad, I'm hoping Jason doesn't get the same amount should he make the top 2 at Nationals...

Custom Title
    Thanks for the full report, KKonas. Though given the amount of grief Evan got on these boards for winning the Olympics w/o a quad, I'm hoping Jason doesn't get the same amount should he make the top 2 at Nationals...
    Jason is a thousand times more:

- likeable
    - artistic
    - fun
    - enjoyable
    - better costumed

That'll make a difference.

Custom Title
    Just off Shibutani press conference. Very chatty. Highly recommend listening to it when Icenetwork puts it up. They replaced the middle section of their Michael Jackson FD music (Ben) to "Man in the Mirror." They changed some of the choreo including a spin and the choreo lift. Alex was born in Boston and his parents met while both attended Harvard. He is looking forward to competing there as he is still a big fan of Boston athletic teams. He and Maia are taking independent studies at U of Mich. Alex is now looking at a career in film and film production.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by KKonas View Post
    Just off Shibutani press conference. Very chatty. Highly recommend listening to it when Icenetwork puts it up. They replaced the middle section of their Michael Jackson FD music (Ben) to "Man in the Mirror." They changed some of the choreo including a spin and the choreo lift. Alex was born in Boston and his parents met while both attended Harvard. He is looking forward to competing there as he is still a big fan of Boston athletic teams. He and Maia are taking independent studies at U of Mich. Alex is now looking at a career in film and film production.
    Woah, that's huge. They really liked that Ben piece too and they really made an effort to try something different with it by getting that string quartet involved but I agree that it didn't quite work with the rest of the dance. Man in the Mirror will be a better fit.

Looking forward to hearing the call later. Thanks for the report, KKonas!

I must to wait to watch it but I am not very happy with the new song

Custom Title
    Gracie Gold says she is very happy with her move to LA. She is there with her sister and mom. She feels like a different person, a different skater. New SP to Grieg Concerto (Adagio) choreo by Lori Nichol. Frank has been great. He thought her overall skating was too "frantic." She has learned a lot this year, learned to take her time, take a breath, trust her training. She said she rarely misses the triple Lutz/triple toe in her program and has performed her new SP at the holiday show at the Toyota Center. Likes being around other top skaters - sees Denis Ten almost every day, and other skaters often stop by. Felt Chicago was a little isolated with lack of other top skaters regularly at the rink. Looking forward to Boston.

Gracie Gold says she is very happy with her move to LA. She is there with her sister and mom. She feels like a different person, a different skater. New SP to Grieg Concerto (Adagio) choreo by Lori Nichol. Frank has been great. He thought her overall skating was too "frantic." She has learned a lot this year, learned to take her time, take a breath, trust her training. She said she rarely misses the triple Lutz/triple toe in her program and has performed her new SP at the holiday show at the Toyota Center. Likes being around other top skaters - sees Denis Ten almost every day, and other skaters often stop by. Felt Chicago was a little isolated with lack of other top skaters regularly at the rink. Looking forward to Boston.
    . Finally, thank you Frank , i hope she is working hard in that aspect.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast