Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Movies you've seen?

Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    I agree... I enjoyed Frozen more than Brave. I took my 11 yr old niece and my 6 yr old niece and they both enjoyed it. Older niece said it was better than some of the more recent Disney movies, too.

I bought the movie for myself and for my nieces at Target.

I think my 13 yr old nephew was sort of interested in going, but he was worried about his 'image'.

Frankly I don't find it to be arrested development to enjoy 'family' movies. I'll be 50 soon and plan to continue going to see Disney movies, even when the kids don't want to go. When I was in my mid-20's I met my cousin for dinner and Beauty and the Beast after work. None of my friends wanted to go and all of her friends had gone without her (her group in their early 20's)..... It was a great movie to see in a theater.
    I couldn't agree more! And yes, Frozen is way better than Brave (which storywise is my least favorite Pixar movie to date, it's a great film, but lacking IMO compared to some of their others).

Custom Title
    My verdict while watching is that while it's beautifully rendered and well acted, I've never seen a plot with so many holes and so little motivation and logic. The dialogue is snappy but isn't connected to anything. The entire childhood of the princesses is spent alone in the palace? I understand that the older sister is keeping herself apart from everyone, but why is the younger sister sitting alone all day doing nothing, year after year?

A topic about movies, I can't believe I didn't see it
    My favorite movies are A beautiful mind and The pianist. In my "top 10", no order: The Shawshank redemption, Good Will Hunting, Fight club (probably one of the best movies ever), The green mile, Rain man (the only movie which made me cry...for an hour XD), Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, Dead poets society. Not to mention Star wars, my obsession since I was 5.(especially Episode IV). I love animation movies, Frozen was ok, but not my type of movie. I prefer Ice age (all of them) and Tim Burton's animations.
    From the recent movies, I enjoyed Cloud Atlas, Black swan (also because of the music), Her (something strange, but touching about this movie) and 12 years a slave.
    Biggest disappointment this year for me: American hustle (I was expecting much more from this movie)

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Beast of the southern wild.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Beast of the southern wild.
    That is supposed to be one amazing movie. I still haven't had the chance to see it, but everything I've heard just knocks me backwards. Talk about originality!

I saw "Nebraska." Some great storytelling and some awesome character development. I also really enjoyed the musical score.

Saw Divergent last night. Good, but it let out a few key elements:

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

Tris got beat up alot more in the book than in the movie. We're talking black eyes, purple bruises covering most of her face. And the characters of Peter and Molly were very mean towards her. In the movie Peter almost seemed like comedy relief. Molly had almost no air time.

Last, Kate Winslet's character was seen alot more in te movie than the book.

captain america

Noah (and I wasn't impressed at all)

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I liked The Butler. 12 Years a Slave, not as much.

Thor 2 - which I enjoyed even more than the first Thor movie. Fun.

Dallas Buyers Club-real story, gritty true and well acted.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I saw "Nebraska." Some great storytelling and some awesome character development. I also really enjoyed the musical score.
    Thanks Mrs. P, I haven't seen it and I live in Nebraska. There was a lot of banter back and forth here in Nebraska about the movie.

I saw Blue Jasmine and could see why Kate B. won the Oscar.

I like watching a serious movie, and then a fun one and the one I chose was Las Vegas, it was fun, that's about all I can say...kind of a spoof on aging.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    I like watching a serious movie, and then a fun one and the one I chose was Las Vegas, it was fun, that's about all I can say...kind of a spoof on aging.
    that's the one with Morgan Freeman, right? Didn't realize it was out on DVD.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skateluvr View Post
    Dallas Buyers Club-real story, gritty true and well acted.
    I used to do research for a film historian and he specialized in LGBT-themed films, so I've probably seen just about every movie with AIDS as a plot point made in the last 30 years. I was surprised at how good Dallas Buyers Club was, and Matt McC's performance. Definitely much better than Philadelphia. One of the best is from the 1980s--Parting Glances. It was Steve Bucemi's movie debut, and he is utterly fantastic.

Hey Dee, yeah Kate B winning the Oscar gets no argument from me. If Judy Dench had won it for Philomena I would have been equally as happy. One of those rare years with quite a few great female performances (maybe Hollywood is finally realizing that movies with great roles for women make money too).

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast