Shizuka Arakawa got married | Golden Skate

Shizuka Arakawa got married

cinnamon

On the Ice
any details? like who she married
Not specified, just said he is "a regular person", which means he is not celeb or something, whom she was going out with for a while. On her 32nd birthday, Dec. 29, she registered the marriage. Ceremony etc. are not planed yet.

Icey

Record Breaker
I remember she dated Josh Groban for awhile beginning in 2011.

Hard to believe she is 32. Time flies.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
She is too thin, but arguably one of the great Japanese perseverance brings success stories. To think she was 16 and at Nagano, and I never noticed her if they even showed her on American TV. And I think the most beautiful Japanese skater, so I wonder what will her dress be like? Traditional? I love Josh! Wow, she has had some great times as a famous woman. I always wondered, did she date Morozov? many of his skaters seemed to. Shaelynn married him, Miki apparently escaped.

beautiful bride, Yugao really is my favorite skate from her as a pro.

ks777

Record Breaker
She is too thin, but arguably one of the great Japanese perseverance brings success stories. To think she was 16 and at Nagano, and I never noticed her if they even showed her on American TV. And I think the most beautiful Japanese skater, so I wonder what will her dress be like? Traditional? I love Josh! Wow, she has had some great times as a famous woman. I always wondered, did she date Morozov? many of his skaters seemed to. Shaelynn married him, Miki apparently escaped.

beautiful bride, Yugao really is my favorite skate from her as a pro.

Yugao is also my favorite.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
From Shizuka's twitter:

昨日の出来事〜写真撮るの巻。地毛で和装できました…(*^^*) pic.twitter.com/CakmspiveQ

I can't read Japanese and I'm not going to assume that this was for her marriage festivities, but she is absolutely stunning nonetheless! :love:

cinnamon

On the Ice
From Shizuka's twitter:

昨日の出来事〜写真撮るの巻。地毛で和装できました…(*^^*) pic.twitter.com/CakmspiveQ

I can't read Japanese and I'm not going to assume that this was for her marriage festivities, but she is absolutely stunning nonetheless! :love:
It's said that "Yesterday's incident - I took a picture. I wore kimono and it's my hair, not a wig..."
Then there is a conversation with Akiko saying it looked like Anmitsu-hime, one of the comics characters in the past (?), and Akiko said she remembered it.
The title is "Showing off her wedding costume". In Japanese wedding today they wear kimono in the beginning and later on they wear white dress.

In other article it's said that groom's occupation is surgeon.