Entries 2014 European Championships | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Entries 2014 European Championships

Is there any info why Anna Ovcharova isn't competing? I really like her programs this season.

She doesn't have the minimum scores and did not try to obtain them at Ukrainian Open, New Year's Cup or MNNTC. I wonder why, given at least for MNNTC some late entries were made and accepted. Maybe Swiss Fed didn't want to make a last minute decision and selected national silver medallist, given she had the required scores already?

Nirti

Medalist
One more lady with minimal technical score : Danielle Montalbano (Israel) reached it at the New Year's Cup.
Bernadett Szakacs failed from 0.23 points at the short program. Marco Klepoch competed in junior and senior but didn't obtain the 25 points.

obalamus

Rinkside
Marco Klepoch competed in junior and senior but didn't obtain the 25 points.
He has earned TM for SP during Santa Claus Cup 2013 (02.12.2013 - 25.50), and he got TM for LP in Bratislava. So Marco can go to Euro! :)

shah

Rinkside
He has earned TM for SP during Santa Claus Cup 2013 (02.12.2013 - 25.50), and he got TM for LP in Bratislava. So Marco can go to Euro! :)

Which means all men have the required TES :).
Keep fingers crossed for Clara Peters, Marta Garcia, any Hungarian and Greek lady and Grigoreva/Maestu!

Nirti

Medalist

Oops, I didn't realize that he has already the TM for SP, good new! So if there is no withdrawn we will see 5 more men as last year!

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
^I m depressed. I wanted to see little prince :no:

Me too! :disapp:
What now? Who's left? Bobrova/Soloviev and Péchalat/Bourzat gone, will Ilynikh/Katsalapov actually become European Champs, and thus get the boost they need after their poor performance at Nationals? Or Cappellini/Lanotte?
The only bright side to Péchalat/Bourzat's wd is that Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron get to compete at Euros.
I'm curious if the FFSG has left some wiggle room to determine who will be the second pair to go to Sochi: What if Papadakis/Cizeron beat Carron/Jones in Budapest? They seem to have such big potential if they stay clean...
:jaw: omg... will Zhiganshina/Gazsi get a medal with their hot chick/dork with glasses programs?!? :hb:

Florencito

Medalist
Bad decision. They could have gone to Sochi as European Champions.
So it's between only I/K and C/L now. Let's hope for fair judgements.

I don't think it would have mattered much given Bobrova/Soloviev weren't there. I think that it might be the best decision to focus on the Olympics, especially given their training base is in the US (so double jet lag).

russell30

Final Flight
So it's between only I/K and C/L now. Let's hope for fair judgements.

I am with florencito, seems a political decision, it seems the bronze is very much up for grabs at Sochi, and like B/S probably P/B thought that going in raw at the Olympics will give them some impetus, plus maybe P/B were afraid to be beaten by I/K which would have given them an edge going into Sochi, but I think P/B would have been ok, and would easily got there European title back and give them a stranglehold on Bronze and to give them the confidence they need - yes bad decision, these federations??

The only good thing is yes - Papadakis/Cizeron will be there to replace them and their Free Danceis one of the best this year!!

SamuraiKike

Medalist
So Euros is the new 4CC now? The level has dropped so much that top skaters avoid it to focus on bigger events. A shame but it was bound to happen. Still at this point I think the rep bonus of euro champions would have benefited them but then again who wants to go on history records as a 3 time euro champion but never medalled at Olys.

seniorita

Record Breaker
In 2010 Euros i think everybody was there. And this time it is Olympic Games in Europe. Maybe Sochi dates are earlier than Vancouver?Certyainly the team event thing hurts them a lot.

SimplyLex

On the Ice
The only good thing is yes - Papadakis/Cizeron will be there to replace them and their Free Danceis one of the best this year!!

So is P/B's though, isn't it? That could've been a relatively easy gold for them. It's really a pity.

And can't say I like this new trend. Whatever happened to Europeans being the old, prestigeous event everyone wants to win, the event that sends people to the Games as favourites, the potential Olympic medalists/champions? Saving themselves for the Olympics? Davis/White and Virtue/Moir are certainly not doing it, they're competing at their respective nationals soon AFAIR.

I always thought Olympic season Worlds were kinda pointless, never thought it would be Europeans that would turn out as such.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
Whatever happened to Europeans being the old, prestigeous event everyone wants to win, the event that sends people to the Games as favourites, the potential Olympic medalists/champions?

It's become the event everyone is afraid of losing. :disapp:
I get Ziggy's point that P/B training in the US makes competing in Budapest a little more strenuous to them than if it were a "local" competition, but I don't really believe not competing here will make them skate better at the Olympics.

Who knows, maybe they've even decided that winning the Euros would be a bad thing for their chances at Bronze in Sochi, since the judges (them again!!!) might think "ok, we gave P/B the Euros, so we'll give B/S the Olympic medal". Winning the EC and not winning the EC might both be considered as a lose/lose situation for them...
Maybe I'm just overthinking this! :unsure:

So is P/B's though, isn't it?

Great concept but not developed enough.

I always thought Olympic season Worlds were kinda pointless, never thought it would be Europeans that would turn out as such.

Post-Olympic Worlds are the best. Old farts out, young blood in.

It's become the event everyone is afraid of losing. :disapp:

And that's probably the main reason for P/B missing Euros. Too much to lose.

Lota

Record Breaker
Well that's sad... I was really looking forward to seeing P/B. But, at least Papadakis/Cizeron get to compete. Not the way I wanted them to get in this competition, but still. Be careful what you wish for, huh...