Entries 2014 European Championships | Golden Skate

Entries 2014 European Championships

Nirti

Medalist
Entries are online :

http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00051500.htm

No big surprise, all the top contenders here except Bobrova/Soloviev.

Some participants are still waiting their minimal technical score : Klepoch, Szakacs, Montalbano and Schuster-Velissariou will try it at the New Year's Cup,
Makeenka, Peters, Garcia and Grigorieva/Maestu at the Mentor Nestle Nesquik Trophy. Good luck to them!

Both Makeenka and Bakusheva will be trying at MNNTC. If they fail, I guess they will send Zakharanka who has the minimum scores.

Surprisingly Ovcharova didn't enter any of Ukrainian Open, New Year's Cup and MNNTC. :confused: So vice-champion Odermatt is going.

Lota

Record Breaker
It's a little sad that we probably won't be seeing Papadakis/Cizeron, not only here, but probably for the rest of the season. God knows they're inconsistent, but I really loved their programs, especially the FD.

Frenchie

I'm gonna customize the CRAP out of this title!
Medalist
New Couple Alert! - That's what they say in the tabloids, right?
Well, I'm talking FS Pairs - that's the first time I see those 2 names together:
Caitlin YANKOWSKAS / Hamish GAMAN (GBR). They're only substitutes since finishing 3rd at Nationals and GBR only having 2 spots, but I had no idea Caitlin had set harbor in GBR for now... After trying Matteo Guarise and then Joshua Reagan.
What an eventful career, let's remember she was US Champion and finished 6th at her first World Championships with John Coughlin before he told her he wanted to split.
When I watched them skate back then, I was sure she should be the one looking for a better partner since she had everything, including very secure triples, when he was stiff and clumsy... Oh, how unexpectedly things can turn out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=incIOswvkv0

Yankowskas/Gaman have already competed at 2013 Ice Challenge (5th out of 5 teams) and 2013 British Championships (3rd out of 3 teams but they've beaten Kemp/King in the FS and were less than 2 points behind overall).

At this point they aren't yet attempting sbs 2axels or any triple solo or throw jumps so it's still early days (I'm not sure how long they have been skating together) and I imagine they are just 'getting their feet wet' for now. They look lovely together and harder elements will probably come with time. I hope they are in it for the long run.

Lota - I am also very said that Papadakis/Cizeron won't get to compete at Europeans and Olympics. They are incredible performers and have the x-factor. If they can develop consistency, I predict they are going to storm up the rankings in the following season. They will be at Worlds, however, since Pechalat/Bourzat are retiring after Olympics.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It's a little sad that we probably won't be seeing Papadakis/Cizeron, not only here, but probably for the rest of the season. God knows they're inconsistent, but I really loved their programs, especially the FD.

They'll probably get to go to Worlds. P/B have made it clear that the Olympics will be their last competition. So we'll get to see that FD (which I love too!) one more time. :)

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Kiira Korpi still not recovered? *sad face*

After last year's promising start, I thought it was going to be her best year ever.
And I was thinking the same thing for this season.

:-/

Lota

Record Breaker
Thanks Ziggy, Mrs. P! I had completely forgotten about that, you made my day :)

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Random thoughts:

Men - No Surprises here. Kovtun has a golden opportunity to medal and even win if Fernandez is still not in last seasons shape. That would shut up all debate about the oly spot. Last Euros for previous champions Joubert and Verner. Hope they do well.

Ladies - 40 entries but it could go down to 34 if the skaters without the TES score dont get it soon. I hope the HUN girl gets it since it will be a shame for the hosts to not have a full team. Why Ventard is not even listed as a substitute oh stupid French fed. And yeah, wonder what happened to Ovcharova, she seemed so happy a few weeks ago. Any podium that is not 2 russian girls + Kostner will be a shock here.

Pairs: Why oh why is the SWE federationg not sengind Roll/Forsgren? They have the minimun scores. Lavrentieva/Rudyk are being sent despite being the 2nd team who got the oly spot in Nebelhorn. Good to see ITA having a full pair roster and even with alternates.

Dance- The Euro dance field despite lacking lots of top contenders is full with second tier very interesting teams and many will not skate past the OD :(. Fingers crossed for the swiss, slovakin, spanish and finnish teams. Im torn about R&T versus S&Z, i think the former deserve the olys more but they have really stagnated while the S&Z are a better team but just not up to oly calibre yet.

Sara

On the Ice
Nordic countries are sending their youngsters Solomin (SWE) and Oddval Boe (NOR), it will be a great learning experience for these two boys. Wishing them good luck!

It will be interesting to see how the Swiss and Finnish ice dancers will do. Kanervo/Lindholm are not my favourites, I like the new Finnish team Törn/Partanen better, even though they are not technically on the same level yet. Margaglio has been coaching 3 Finnish senior teams during the past few years. They also worked with Zueva last Summer. If I've understood correct, Margaglio's contract ends now in the coming year. I wouldn't be surprised if he moves to States to work with Zueva. It will be interesting to see which teams Zueva will coach next season. I'm sure there are many couples interested in working with her...

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Pairs: Why oh why is the SWE federationg not sengind Roll/Forsgren? They have the minimun scores.

Results from where? And what are the minimum scores?

Nordic countries are sending their youngsters Solomin (SWE) and Oddval Boe (NOR), it will be a great learning experience for these two boys. Wishing them good luck!

Oh yes, so excited for them and their future :thumbsup: A goal for now to reach the Euoropean's Free Skate.

russell30

Final Flight
Kiira Korpi still not recovered? *sad face*

After last year's promising start, I thought it was going to be her best year ever.
And I was thinking the same thing for this season.

:-/

Kiira was hoping to prepare for worlds but is now recovering to prepare for next season. She has decided to continue for another year, let's hope Kiira is back very soon..

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Results from where? And what are the minimum scores?

Don't know what you mean by "results from where". But the minimun TES scores required for Pairs at the European championships is 20.00 on the SP and 36.00 on the LP. Roll/Forsgreen have achieved them and I don't understand why they aren't being entered here.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Don't know what you mean by "results from where". But the minimun TES scores required for Pairs at the European championships is 20.00 on the SP and 36.00 on the LP. Roll/Forsgreen have achieved them and I don't understand why they aren't being entered here.

Thanks. I see they got them at Nebelhorn Trophy.

Sara

On the Ice
Roll/Forsgren got injured during Nationals (they withdrew from the FS). This is why they aren't competing in Budapest.

Random thoughts:

Men - No Surprises here. Kovtun has a golden opportunity to medal and even win if Fernandez is still not in last seasons shape. That would shut up all debate about the oly spot. Last Euros for previous champions Joubert and Verner. Hope they do well.

Ladies - 40 entries but it could go down to 34 if the skaters without the TES score dont get it soon. I hope the HUN girl gets it since it will be a shame for the hosts to not have a full team. Why Ventard is not even listed as a substitute oh stupid French fed. And yeah, wonder what happened to Ovcharova, she seemed so happy a few weeks ago. Any podium that is not 2 russian girls + Kostner will be a shock here.

Pairs: Why oh why is the SWE federationg not sengind Roll/Forsgren? They have the minimun scores. Lavrentieva/Rudyk are being sent despite being the 2nd team who got the oly spot in Nebelhorn. Good to see ITA having a full pair roster and even with alternates.

Dance- The Euro dance field despite lacking lots of top contenders is full with second tier very interesting teams and many will not skate past the OD :(. Fingers crossed for the swiss, slovakin, spanish and finnish teams. Im torn about R&T versus S&Z, i think the former deserve the olys more but they have really stagnated while the S&Z are a better team but just not up to oly calibre yet.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Roll/Forsgren got injured during Nationals (they withdrew from the FS). This is why they aren't competing in Budapest.

Oh , I see, that's too bad, I was hoping to finally see SWE skating expanding among other disciplines. Thanks for the information :)

Ladies - 40 entries but it could go down to 34 if the skaters without the TES score dont get it soon. I hope the HUN girl gets it since it will be a shame for the hosts to not have a full team.

I think that Szakacs' chance of making the minimums is very low. Here are her protocols from 4 Nationals (16th SP, 14th FS):
http://www.kraso.sk/wp-content/uploads/sutaze/2013_2014/20131204_4Nat/4N14_Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf
http://www.kraso.sk/wp-content/uploads/sutaze/2013_2014/20131204_4Nat/4N14_Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf

Why Ventard is not even listed as a substitute oh stupid French fed.

This makes me so angry. Yes, Ventard only has two consistent triples: toe-loop and salchow. But she actually lands them quite consistently and she's an absolutely incredible performer. Her programs are usually well choreographed, she skates to the music and presents them very well. French Federation's continuing snubbing of her is just absolutely appalling.

If I've understood correct, Margaglio's contract ends now in the coming year. I wouldn't be surprised if he moves to States to work with Zueva. It will be interesting to see which teams Zueva will coach next season. I'm sure there are many couples interested in working with her...

That would be horrible. :(

He has done a fantastic job developing Ice Dance in Finland. Given the relatively short time he's been working there, he has managed to develop some very decent teams already.

I he does indeed move to the US, I hope that the Finnish Federation can find another good coach to replace him.

Thanks for the info. Too bad. :(

I thought they've been coming along quite nicely this season. I hope they can make a full recovery soon.

noidont

Final Flight
Is there any info why Anna Ovcharova isn't competing? I really like her programs this season.