The weather thread! | Golden Skate

The weather thread!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Looks like Friday will be a bone chiller, reaching 11 degrees in the heat of the day....then a warming trend.....to above freezing by Sunday....Lets see how true the forecast holds in a few days...
Wheels up Saturday morning!

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I'm hoping for not too cold, not rainy, and not a lot of snow....I know that is an awful lot to expect :laugh:. Long range forecasts - heck even tomorrow's forecast - here in northeast Ohio are often WRONG :rolleye:, who knows about Boston. Later in the week might have a little more accurate forecast. I'll be arriving Monday morning, hope to check in if a room is available and then head to the deli and buy some breakfast stuff. Later in the day heading over to BCEC...weather will determine if I take the shuttle or walk.

Sochi_2014

On the Ice
As we say here in Boston, "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute." The weather is so unpredictable here. One day it's snowing, the next it's 65 degrees.
But in all honesty, for clothing, make sure you have a winter jacket, gloves, boots, and an umbrella. Maybe a bathing suit too! Just kidding, no bathing suit.:biggrin:

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I definitely think a bathing suit would warrant a costume deduction under IJS :rofl:

I live in northeast Ohio and we have the same issues. Yesterday it was almost 50 out and this morning I woke up to snow.....which no one predicted! Lake Erie really affects our weather and I imagine that the Atlantic Ocean plays a part in your weather!
As we say here in Boston, "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute." The weather is so unpredictable here. One day it's snowing, the next it's 65 degrees.
But in all honesty, for clothing, make sure you have a winter jacket, gloves, boots, and an umbrella. Maybe a bathing suit too! Just kidding, no bathing suit.:biggrin:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
What? No bathing suit? Welllll...check out this pic I took at Omaha!!!!
http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd385/CoyoteChris303/Omaha2013/abestcostume_zps7ad003e1.jpg
Tanith says she pushed the rules a few times.....

Most weather forecast areas can do a fair job three days out....depending on where they are....but its fun to speculate!
I definitely think a bathing suit would warrant a costume deduction under IJS :rofl:

I live in northeast Ohio and we have the same issues. Yesterday it was almost 50 out and this morning I woke up to snow.....which no one predicted! Lake Erie really affects our weather and I imagine that the Atlantic Ocean plays a part in your weather!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Hope to see you at the BCEC. I will be the only skinny guy there who is 6ft two inches, mustache, Brown flight jacket or red motorcycle coat. If you are still at the Seaport, its 1253 ft from the side lobby entrance to the BCEC...I have an unconfirmed report that it MAY be kept fairly cool in the BCEC skating area..I should be there for the novice free dance.
I'm hoping for not too cold, not rainy, and not a lot of snow....I know that is an awful lot to expect :laugh:. Long range forecasts - heck even tomorrow's forecast - here in northeast Ohio are often WRONG :rolleye:, who knows about Boston. Later in the week might have a little more accurate forecast. I'll be arriving Monday morning, hope to check in if a room is available and then head to the deli and buy some breakfast stuff. Later in the day heading over to BCEC...weather will determine if I take the shuttle or walk.

GypsyFe

On the Ice
This mornings newspaper here at NJ shore is predicting a blizzard with about 12 inches of snow to hit the Boston area overnight tonight & into Friday! Let's hope that once again predictions are wrong!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
They have 4 to 5 inches already in the Boston suburbs right now. (11:30 in the morning 1/2/14)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
friend of mine says there's over 7,000 road crew equipment out on the roads in and around Boston to deal with the conditions. Stay safe and I hope you all make it there without delays!

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Of course I am hoping all of us make it to Boston without delays. It is even more critical for the Juvenile, Intermediate, and Novice skaters to get there without delays. I'm sure quite a few of them were planning on getting to Boston Friday and that looks like it might be a problem. Hoping for the best for all of us and the skaters and their families.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What? No bathing suit? Welllll...check out this pic I took at Omaha!!!!!

Chris, just last week, it was 60 degrees here in Omaha. Today, not so much....a high of 7 degrees.

The weather in Boston doesn't seem like it's going to cooperate with Nationals....please stay safe!!!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Chris, just last week, it was 60 degrees here in Omaha. Today, not so much....a high of 7 degrees.

The weather in Boston doesn't seem like it's going to cooperate with Nationals....please stay safe!!!

Well it looks like it might be okay later next week. The biggest affect will be those competing in the lower levels.

Mother Nature has been quite strange in Washington State as well. Last month I ran in 18 degree weather one day and in 43 the next. I have worn two pairs of running pants and running shorts only all in one month! :laugh:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Yeah, in Spokane it has been strange.... very cold and dry...then fog fog fog for days... 5 inches of rain below normal and almost no snow....
Logan Aeroport now closed for the storm at least for flights.....we shall see if my late Saturday flight is canceled....the kicker will be the wind blowing the fallen snow....Poor juvinilles and intermideates!!!

Well it looks like it might be okay later next week. The biggest affect will be those competing in the lower levels.

Mother Nature has been quite strange in Washington State as well. Last month I ran in 18 degree weather one day and in 43 the next. I have worn two pairs of running pants and running shorts only all in one month! :laugh:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yeah, in Spokane it has been strange.... very cold and dry...then fog fog fog for days... 5 inches of rain below normal and almost no snow....
Logan Aeroport now closed for the storm at least for flights.....we shall see if my late Saturday flight is canceled....the kicker will be the wind blowing the fallen snow....Poor juvinilles and intermideates!!!

Yeah no snow here either. Water table folks are worried...we need the snow pack for irrigation!!

macy

Record Breaker
sounds like boston weather is about as unpredictable as it is in michigan!

i just looked at the boston forecast on my phone and my jaw dropped...

4-6 inched of snow tonight and 12-18 INCHES TOMORROW HOLY CRAP.

i hope yall have 4WD and lifted trucks!

stay safe!