Greatest Ladies Free Skates of All Time
What are the greatest ladies performances of all time for you?
1. Lyra Angelica - Michelle Kwan 1998 US Nationals
2. Les Miserables- Yu-Na Kim 2013 Worlds/ Rachmaninoff by Chen Lu 1996 Worlds/ Rainbow by Tara Lipinski 1998 Olympics.
3. Song of the Black Swan- Michelle Kwan 2001 Worlds.
4. Gershwin Concerto in F-Yu-Na Kim 2010 Olympics. Salome by Michelle Kwan 1996 Worlds.
5. Phantom of the Opera- Akiko Suzuki 2013 Japanese Nationals. Turandot-Shizuka Arakawa 2004 Worlds.
6. Malaguena- Kristi Yamaguch 1992 US Nationals. "Daphnis et. chloe" Sarah Hughes 2002 Olympics.
7. Swan Lake by Sasha Cohen 1994 Marshalls. Fantaisie-Impromptu-Mao Asada 2007 GPF.
8. Bells of Moscow Mao Asada 2010 Worlds/ Liebestraum Mao Asada 2011 4CC.
9. Tanja Szewczenko 1997 Championships Series Finale/ "O" by Akiko Suzuki 2012 NHK Trophy. Tosca- Michelle Kwan 2004 US Nationals.
10. Concerto de Aranjuez 2003 Worlds-Michelle Kwan. Concerto de Aranjuez- Joannie Rochette Canadian Nationals. Wonderland- Irina Slutksaya 2005 Worlds. Sleeping Beauty- Zijun Li 2013 Worlds.
Sometimes bad skating happens to good people...
Midori Ito, 1988 Olympics.
Midori Ito, 1989 Worlds
You had to see her live. She was other worldly. Film just does not do her justice.
Originally Posted by christinaskater
Michelle's 1996 world's FS, and Mao's 2007 world's FS. I love their spirit and joy during those performances.
Les Miserables- Yu-Na Kim 2013 Worlds is the best of all time for me
The music is perfect. All the jumps were perfect. It's the only program that captures me from beginning til the end and gives me a special feeling.
Also Midori 89 Worlds is good
Yuna kim 2013 worlds, 2010 olympics
Mao 2007 worlds
Almost any skate Michelle skated clean - especially 1998 nationals was special. Otonal skated by Maria Butyrskaya in 1999 was amazing techically and artistically. Yes, Irina's 2005 lp at world's was a marvel but she did a major error - she Oda the triple loop but somehow won still.
Michelle Kwan 1996 Worlds FS, 1998 Nationals FS, although I agree just about any performance that she skated clean
Shizuka Arakawa 2004 Worlds FS, also love her 2006 Olympics FS performance although she didn't go all out techinically
Carolina Kostner 2012 Worlds FS despite the watered down techinical content
Alissa Czisny 2011 Nationals FS
Akiko Suzuki 2012 NHK FS, 2013 Japanese Nationals FS
Yuna Kim 2009 Worlds SP, 2010 Olympic FS, 2013 Worlds FS
I love Shizuka from 2005 Trophy Eric Bompard. WOW!
Tara Lipinski-1998 Olympics Rainbow
Ashley Wagner-2012 W Black Swan
Yuna Kim-2010 Olympics,2013 W Les Miserables
Irina Slutskaya-2005 W Wonderland
Joannie Rochette-2010 Olympics Samson and Delilah
Sasha Cohen-2006 USNat. Romeo and Juliet(olympics program 2006 was also amazing, even with two mistakes)
Zijun Li-2013 W Sleeping Beauty
Shizuka Arakawa-2006 Olympics Turrandot
Mao Asada-2007 W Csardas
Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program
I forgot all about Shizuka's "Fantasie" program. It was a huge favorite of time at the time, the power, the drama, the elegance in that music. Loved it and her dress so much more than Turandot---I wish she had kept this program for Turin.
You mean Gershwin Concerto in F?
Originally Posted by christinaskater
Tara Lipinksi - 1994 U.S. Olympic Festival (Junior) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRIkyAd5_hY
Shizuka Arakawa - 2004 Worlds http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V79ecGyvRfo
Gracie Gold - 2013 U.S. Nationals http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mi8zMhuxSo
Sarah Meier- 2006 Worlds (one of the very few who could pull off the bodysuit too) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBN5eySEWaM
Kimmie Meissner - 2006 Worlds http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1VaoEWyBeQ
Michelle Kwan's 1998 Nationals LP and Lu Chen's 1995 Worlds LP performance top the list for me.
Midori 1990 Worlds LP and Slutskaya 2000 GPF LP for technical achievement.