KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
Michelle Kwan Rachmaninoff 98 Nationals
Michelle Kwan Romanza 96 Worlds
Michelle Kwan East of Eden 2001 Nationals
Michelle Kwan The Feeling Begins 2003 Worlds
Michelle Kwan Spartacus 2005 Nationals
Michelle Kwan Dream of Desdemona 1996 (often overlooked, but stunning when she skated it clean. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEklWrSU8VQzz)
Michelle has some gorgeous SP's. DOD is stunning.
This is also something made of magic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ0reeUnAmE

christinaskater

Medalist
"Tango De Roxane" Yu-Na Kim 2007 Worlds.
"Send In The Clowns" -Yu-Na Kim 2014 Korean Nationals.
"Danse Macabre"-Yu-Na Kim.
Hymne à l'amour by Akiko Suzuki 2014 Japanese Nationals
Rachmaninoff -Michelle Kwan 1998 US Nationals
East of Eden- Michelle Kwan.
Kill Bill- Akiko Suzuki.
Hungarian Rhapsody- Akiko Suzuki.
Dark Eyes-Sasha Cohen.
Malaguena-Sasha Cohen.
My Sweet and Tender Beast- Sasha Cohen.
Romanza- Michelle Kwan.
Dream of Desdemona- Michelle Kwan.
The Feeling Begins - Michelle Kwan.
Claire De Lune by Mao Asada.
Masquerade Waltz by Mao Asada.
Nocturne- Mao Asada.
Sing, Sing- Mao Asada.
The Mission by Miki Ando.
Scene D'Amour- Maria Butyrskaya

Art&Sport

Medalist
Not sure if I'd call it the greatest ever but this is one of my favourite Ladies SPs in recent memory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa2R_HqZnz4

:love: :yes:

What a magical performance! Mirai was effortless and on fire at the same time. She was at the top of her game, but didn't know it and seemingly could never harness her unbelievable talents to quite that level again. Everything came together except her knowledge of just how great she was in that moment and could continue to be.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Not sure if I'd call it the greatest ever but this is one of my favourite Ladies SPs in recent memory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa2R_HqZnz4

Oh my, I almost forgot how spectacular she once was. Art&Sport's description of this performance is :thumbsup:

What a magical performance! Mirai was effortless and on fire at the same time. She was at the top of her game, but didn't know it and seemingly could never harness her unbelievable talents to quite that level again. Everything came together except her knowledge of just how great she was in that moment and could continue to be.

Maria Butyrskaya 1993 EC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chfsHzUwu5E (Kojiki by Kitaro. Just impressively confident, notice the entry into the 2A)

Cool, I never saw that performance. She was a very special competitive skater :rock:

Jedi

On the Ice
It is amazing how many special performances from these talented skaters. Some are more one shot wonders and some weren't big superstars but they had their moments.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Michelle Kwan East of Eden 2001 and Cohen 2006 sp are among my best, with Irina's 2002 sp too.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Maria's short program at 2000 Worlds was her best ever I think. She easily won the short program over a clean Slutskaya and Kwan, and skated with a confidence, self assurance, attack, and elegance that was rare for her.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
My favorites:

1. Mao Asada's Nocturne (both versions). I really love this program, and just about every time she skates it, I find myself :love: It's truly a great bookend to her senior career.

2. (Tie) Yuna Kim's Tango de Roxanne and Danse Macabre (4CC version). I love both of these SPs as much as Mao's, the only difference is that I only really love one performance of them. (Although Roxanne would also be in 1st if I could get used to a version with better sit spins)

3. Midori Ito's 1988 Olympic SP.

4. Michelle Kwan's 1996 Worlds SP.

5. Akiko Suzuki's 2011 NHK SP. I have a bit of a soft spot for this program as it really helped me get back into watching FS after rediscovering it in 2011.

:slink: Sorry for the lack of explanations on 3 and 4....

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
:love: :yes:

Wow. Oh how I long for those good old Mirai days.... "This is the performance to end all performances" by the commentator. I agree. I wish she cleaned up her URs this quad. I have a feeling Nagasu will 'nail it' this week, but will get no jumps ratified. Good luck to her.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
If she gets no jumps ratified, then she didn't really nail it.

Though I would agree with this statement, I must say that I have found many if not most of her URs to be suspect. I also believe that if you create a "MOMENT", you did something extraordinary. We are not hayseeds sitting in those seats usually. We are knowledgeable fans. We know when jumps are UR'd, heck we had to deal with gawky Sarah Hughes who UR'd AND pre-rotated her jumps. We know the difference between a great performance by a 'bad' skater versus a great performance by a great skater. And Mirai is a great skater.

mskater93

Record Breaker
I AM a skater and can say that at least 90% of the calls Nagasu gets are truly < or << that I can see without the benefit of slow motion (and the other 10% are borderline jumps that get < after a long review process). The biggest problem she has is that because she has been prone to UR and DG throughout her Senior career (except 2008), anything that looks suspect in her programs is going to be marked for review and once they start looking, they're going to find something versus other skaters who rarely have UR issues (Wagner since going to Nicks/Mills/Artunian, Gold, Hicks, Gao) who will get the benefit of the doubt more. A concern for Cesario is she's gotten a number of < and << calls internationally, so she may be on the "review closely" list along with Hannah Miller.

GiveHer6.0's

Rinkside
Yuna Kim's James Bond Medley is my #1 but Michelle Kwan's Dream of Desdemona is right up there. It was so different at the time and I think her performance at the Ultimate 4 was her best showing of it. She hit every bit of the music and so much drama! (the ending pose!) Too bad she couldn't deliver it fully at the nationals and the worlds (i liked her original costume better)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfV0Ck1wlA0

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
Maria Butyrskaya's short program at the 99' Worlds was a big one for her.
She knew it was her big chance to win the Worlds & she skated so well.
Also, her short program at the 98' Olympics in Nagano.
She drew first to skate & cried. Yet still skated clean.
She really was a gutsy skater.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Gracie Gold's SP last night was awesome. Definitely an outstanding surprise of the night and worthy to be in this discussion