Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 168

Thread: Can Gracie Gold finally win US Nationals ?

  1. #151
    In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    606
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I would just like to add one little comment here: Mirai! Mirai! Mirai!

    Haha, agreed. With all the Ashley Gracie or Gracie Ashley stuff, I think it's be kinda cool at this point to see Mirai to sneak in there and nab the win!

  2. #152
    Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,498
    It was nice to see Gracie deliver her SP so well. I think the program is pretty and Gracie did a better job delivering it than I thought she would, but I still think her "artistry" is on the surface. She's doing the moves and delivering them nicely, but there's no underlying understanding or connection with what she's doing. She's still regurgitating choreography but the upside is she looks much better doing it than she did last year.

    Her biggest test is going to be the FS. She's under a lot of pressure just by being in the lead and then having to skate last on top of that. Depending on how the other ladies skate, that will add even more pressure to her. If she can keep calm and just skate, she'll be fine...but if she wants to be #1 she needs to go out there and win. Ashley has been known to skate lights out when she's coming from behind.

    I hope Gracie doesn't pull a Sasha and shoot herself in the foot by giving this away. The title is hers to lose...

  3. #153
    축복, 축도 RABID's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    It was nice to see Gracie deliver her SP so well. I think the program is pretty and Gracie did a better job delivering it than I thought she would, but I still think her "artistry" is on the surface. She's doing the moves and delivering them nicely, but there's no underlying understanding or connection with what she's doing. She's still regurgitating choreography but the upside is she looks much better doing it than she did last year.

    Her biggest test is going to be the FS. She's under a lot of pressure just by being in the lead and then having to skate last on top of that. Depending on how the other ladies skate, that will add even more pressure to her. If she can keep calm and just skate, she'll be fine...but if she wants to be #1 she needs to go out there and win. Ashley has been known to skate lights out when she's coming from behind.

    I hope Gracie doesn't pull a Sasha and shoot herself in the foot by giving this away. The title is hers to lose...
    Fake it till you make it, as the saying goes; got to start somewhere. Most impressive skate I've seen from her. I am finally starting to see her qualities without the distractions of her skating.

  4. #154
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,378
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    It was nice to see Gracie deliver her SP so well. I think the program is pretty and Gracie did a better job delivering it than I thought she would, but I still think her "artistry" is on the surface. She's doing the moves and delivering them nicely, but there's no underlying understanding or connection with what she's doing. She's still regurgitating choreography but the upside is she looks much better doing it than she did last year.

    Her biggest test is going to be the FS. She's under a lot of pressure just by being in the lead and then having to skate last on top of that. Depending on how the other ladies skate, that will add even more pressure to her. If she can keep calm and just skate, she'll be fine...but if she wants to be #1 she needs to go out there and win. Ashley has been known to skate lights out when she's coming from behind.

    I hope Gracie doesn't pull a Sasha and shoot herself in the foot by giving this away. The title is hers to lose...
    Well Gracie is 0-4 when having a lead since turning Senior. Of course being on the west coast the Ladies LP will be tape delayed so i will probably tape it and stay away from the computer. Having the nerve the watch it is another question.

  5. #155
    Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,498
    Quote Originally Posted by RABID View Post
    Fake it till you make it, as the saying goes; got to start somewhere. Most impressive skate I've seen from her. I am finally starting to see her qualities without the distractions of her skating.
    ITA. Like I said, I don't really believe what she's doing but she looks much better doing it. When you pair that with her landing her jumps, that's all she really needs right now. I did enjoy her for the first time last night...even her stiff arms didn't bother me as much. I think Gracie might be growing on me...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Well Gracie is 0-4 when having a lead since turning Senior. Of course being on the west coast the Ladies LP will be tape delayed so i will probably tape it and stay away from the computer. Having the nerve the watch it is another question.
    Funny enough, the only person I was actually nervous for was Ashley...and I guess with good reason. I didn't get my hopes up for Mirai but thankfully she delivered and that was a pleasant surprise. I didn't expect Gracie to skate as well as she did and that was a pleasant surprise. I would have liked to see Angela finally have a good SP but I guess that was asking for too much. Either way, when she messed up her combo it's not like I was surprised...

  6. #156
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Well Gracie is 0-4 when having a lead since turning Senior.
    Yikes. Hopefully she can finally get it together!

  7. #157
    Custom Title Minze2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    593
    Quote Originally Posted by kalle View Post
    How funny, Mao's SP came to my mind as well! I still liked it a lot and thought she looked like a different skater out there, very sophisticated
    I noticed the similarities to Mao's nocturne also. Lori running out ideas? Gracie looks like an ice princes, the make was pretty, hair, and dress. I like this SP more than the first one, but her delivery does not convince me. However, I think if she lands her jumps she will be a force to be reckon with.

  8. #158
    Down With It
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    13,549
    I hope Gracie doesn't pull a Sasha and shoot herself in the foot by giving this away. The title is hers to lose...
    Falling to 2nd, while a disappointment, wouldn't be the end of the world. However, pulling a Nagasu and slipping out of the top 5 might qualify as one of the most dramatic skating collapses I've ever seen...

  9. #159
    Six Point Zero Krislite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Yunaverse
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Gracie will take inspiration from Suzuki and finally have the skate of her life at Nationals. She will be clean and score big, north of 200 points (US Nationals inflation of course).

    Disclaimer: I do not own a crystal ball. This is just a wild guess.
    Thank the skating gods I got 95% of my prediction right.

  10. #160
    Custom Title Franklin99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Thank the skating gods I got 95% of my prediction right.
    You definitely got this one right on the money.

  11. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Gracie !!!!
    Congratulations, the No.1 US Lady

    I am soo proud of you

  12. #162
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,030
    Congratulations to Gracie! She skated with such conviction and it was great to see her finally get it together when it matters most.

    First Sotnikova wins Russians with her best, finally practically clean, competition and now Gracie wins with a finally practically clean competition. And then Osmond wins with a practically clean competition. Looks like these ladies are ready to fight in Sochi.

  13. #163
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Congratulations to Gracie! She skated with such conviction and it was great to see her finally get it together when it matters most.

    First Sotnikova wins Russians with her best, finally practically clean, competition and now Gracie wins with a finally practically clean competition. And then Osmond wins with a practically clean competition. Looks like these ladies are ready to fight in Sochi.
    not to offend, but sorry Osmond is a non threat for Sochi

  14. #164
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,378
    She can and she did.

  15. #165
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    66
    I'm gonna say.... YES haha

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •