Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Gracie Gold finally win US Nationals ?

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    It would great to see a repeat of Russian Nationals with Sotnikova vs Lipnitskaia for Wagner vs Gold here. They are similar to those in that we already know they are making the Olympics. However it seems everyone is stepping it up at Nationals. Kim certainly did even with nobody to remotedly push her, Suzuki and Murakami, the Russians. A really hard battle like the Sotnikova vs Lipnitskaia one where both skate virtually perfect and clean like Sot. and Lip. and it comes down to barely a point or two (as it probably would) would be just what they need to get competitive ready for the Games. They may need that kind of thing to be ready to really fight for a medal at the Games, as the women look to all be getting very tough and building momentum.
    Very well said. I certainly hope all the ladies rise to the occasion and really skate well. I'll be there in person and I'm hoping for a great competition.

Medalist
    Gracie certainly can give Wagner and the rest a run for the National title but this question or title of this thread is INAPPROPRIATE LOL. I mean the poor girl is still a teenager and this is like only her second or third chance at a senior national title. She is no Susan Lucci - yet - and skating being skating let's hope it doesn't take over 20 years for her to win because I doubt she will make it 20 years.

Custom Title
    I hope Gold and Wagner skate well enough to be selected for the Olympics and Worlds. Internationally who wins or is the second or third is of no importance, in my opinion.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Um, just like Akiko was in all those promos leading up to Japan Nats?

Mao is much more overwhelming than Ashley is, so no surprise she dominated the promos. Actually, what I said was tongue-in- cheek. I meant to follow it with a wink.

Quote Originally Posted by LeCygne View Post
    Nice Gracie interview by Michelle Kwan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx7v9...ature=youtu.be
    Gracie is poised, thoughtful, amd well-spoken in this interview. Thanks for the post.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Gracie will win nationals. That is why she is in so many of the recent Sochi promos and Ashely isn't.
    Really? I thought it was because she was a cute young blond who would appeal to teenage viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    Really? I thought it was because she was a cute young blond who would appeal to teenage viewers.
    Simply put, I think at least part of why she is featured in all the promos is that she is an all-american looking girl, if the all-american looking girl was also drop dead gorgeous. The fact that she is also likely to make the team is of course necessary, but her being number 1 at nationals is not. It would likely have been her in the promos even if she was likely to come in 3rd, not 2nd.

Maybe this is my cynicism showing though.

And for anyone thinking that huge promotions/sponsorship means an in to the Olympics only needs to remember that Rockne Brubaker and Keeana McLaughlin had a sponsorship with Coke and were all over the promos and ended up 5th.

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    Thanks for posting the interview, very nice. I've seen a lot being made of her looks, but Ashley is a very pretty girl as well. I think it doesn't have a lot to do with who is in which promo. I just wish them both the best of luck this week and hope they stay healthy through Sochi and Worlds!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by desertskates View Post
    Thanks for posting the interview, very nice. I've seen a lot being made of her looks, but Ashley is a very pretty girl as well. I think it doesn't have a lot to do with who is in which promo. I just wish them both the best of luck this week and hope they stay healthy through Sochi and Worlds!
    I think the promotion of Gracie has to do more with the fact that she has more "upside" at this point, being years younger than Ashley. Barring injury, I think you'll see Gracie atop a lot more podiums than Ashley over the next 4 years.

Custom Title
    Gracie is a good skater, has a longer future probably in skating andd let's face it aesthetically very gifted besides being a good skater

Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Gracie will take inspiration from Suzuki and finally have the skate of her life at Nationals. She will be clean and score big, north of 200 points (US Nationals inflation of course).

Disclaimer: I do not own a crystal ball. This is just a wild guess.
    Alright, Gracie. Skate clean in the LP and make me look like a credible fortune teller.

Banned
    Gracie brought it
    who is the boss now

Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Alright, Gracie. Skate clean in the LP and make me look like a credible fortune teller.
    And make someone else completely and utterly unbearable? Certainly not!

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Gracie brought it
    who is the boss now
    Wait, what?! Did the US Nationals already happened?

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast