Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 173

Thread: Can Gracie Gold finally win US Nationals ?

  1. #121
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,495
    Gracie is a good skater, has a longer future probably in skating andd let's face it aesthetically very gifted besides being a good skater

  2. #122
    Six Point Zero Krislite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Yunaverse
    Posts
    1,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Gracie will take inspiration from Suzuki and finally have the skate of her life at Nationals. She will be clean and score big, north of 200 points (US Nationals inflation of course).

    Disclaimer: I do not own a crystal ball. This is just a wild guess.
    Alright, Gracie. Skate clean in the LP and make me look like a credible fortune teller.

  3. #123
    the Golden Era sky_fly20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,906
    Gracie brought it
    who is the boss now

  4. #124
    I'm out. aftertherain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Alright, Gracie. Skate clean in the LP and make me look like a credible fortune teller.
    And make someone else completely and utterly unbearable? Certainly not!

  5. #125
    Custom Title Franklin99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Gracie brought it
    who is the boss now
    Wait, what?! Did the US Nationals already happened?

  6. #126
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,133
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    And make someone else completely and utterly unbearable? Certainly not!
    So many people on here really like Gracie and applause her SP - which is why it's hilarious how sky_fly thinks she's waving it in our faces, when we all are happy for her. Of course, even with the Gracie love, we would all love to see Wagner win just so that sky_fly loses her mind at both Wagner and Sotnikova winning.

    Although, I wouldn't give Gold the win just yet. She has lead the SP twice this season and with bad free skates imploded. And Wagner's best FS this year (127.62) is much higher than Gold's best FS (117.20) this year (over 10 points higher... and Gold's lead is 8 points). Gold still has to do what Sotnikova did at Russian nationals and prove she can skate a clean or close to clean competition when it counts.

    Well sky_fly, if Gracie wins, we can neglect Wagner's performances earlier this season, and she can legitimately be called the #1 US skater. Just like it doesn't matter how Julia skated earlier this season -- Adelina Sotnikova is the #1 Russian skater based on her Nationals win.

  7. #127
    Six Point Zero Krislite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Yunaverse
    Posts
    1,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Franklin99 View Post
    Wait, what?! Did the US Nationals already happened?
    Is this a serious question? The ladies SP is already finished and Gracie is way ahead in 1st place.

  8. #128
    the Golden Era sky_fly20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,906
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post

    Well sky_fly, if Gracie wins, we can neglect Wagner's performances earlier this season, and she can legitimately be called the #1 US skater. Just like it doesn't matter how Julia skated earlier this season -- Adelina Sotnikova is the #1 Russian skater based on her Nationals win.
    huge difference there
    Julia shows no signs of getting worn out, she won the LP and was even undermarked compared to Adelina
    Wagner manifested signs of losing steam since the GPF, I doubt she can beat Gracie even in the FS

    Polina Edmunds seems to have a good shot at making the team too
    might even place ahead of Wagner

  9. #129
    I'm out. aftertherain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,228
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    So many people on here really like Gracie and applause her SP - which is why it's hilarious how sky_fly thinks she's waving it in our faces, when we all are happy for her. Of course, even with the Gracie love, we would all love to see Wagner win just so that sky_fly loses her mind at both Wagner and Sotnikova winning.
    All of it. It's like you read my mind.

  10. #130
    Custard Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    912
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Alright, Gracie. Skate clean in the LP and make me look like a credible fortune teller.
    I personally think the highlight of your fortunetelling career was your Miki Ando "prediction". Though it would certainly be great to see Gracie living up to this.

  11. #131
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,133
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    huge difference there
    Julia shows no signs of getting worn out, she won the LP and was even undermarked compared to Adelina
    Wagner manifested signs of losing steam since the GPF, I doubt she can beat Gracie even in the FS

    Polina Edmunds seems to have a good shot at making the team too
    might even place ahead of Wagner
    Dude, Wagner's "unsteamy" GPF competition included a perfect SP, as well as a FS that in spite of errors still scored 119 points, which is higher than any of the freeskate scores Gracie has put out this year.

    So at US Nationals, when Wagner makes an error and loses the SP to a clean Gold, she's obviously showing signs of getting worn out. But at Russian Nationals, when Lipnitskaia makes an error and loses the SP to a clean Sotnikova, you dismiss it. (Also, you're the only one on this board who has said they think that Julia was undermarked compared to Sotnikova.)

  12. #132
    the Golden Era sky_fly20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,906
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Dude, Wagner's "unsteamy" GPF competition included a perfect SP, as well as a FS that in spite of errors still scored 119 points, which is higher than any of the freeskate scores Gracie has put out this year.

    So at US Nationals, when Wagner makes an error and loses the SP to a clean Gold, she's obviously showing signs of getting worn out. But at Russian Nationals, when Lipnitskaia makes an error and loses the SP to a clean Sotnikova, you dismiss it. (Also, you're the only one on this board who has said they think that Julia was undermarked compared to Sotnikova.)
    Wagner has made mistakes in two competitions in a row, GPF and Nationals

  13. #133
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,133
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Wagner has made mistakes in two competitions in a row, GPF and Nationals
    Uh, so has almost every prominent skater on the international circuit:

    - Mao erred at the GPF and at Nationals
    - Julia had a UR'ed 3S at the GPF in her FS, and a step out in her Russian Nationals SP.
    - Sotnikova had errors at the GPF and an error in her FS at Nationals
    - Gold's competition prior to Nationals (for comparison, since she didn't make the GPF) was NHK, where she erred in both programs -- unless Gold skates clean in the FS, she would be just like all the other skaters who failed to go clean in their past two competitions.
    - Suzuki had a UR 3-3 in her SP at Nationals, and errors at the competition before that (NHK)

    The only 2 prominent ladies skaters who haven't made a mistake in at least one of their last two competitions are Radionova (Russian Nationals) and Murakami (Japanese Nationals).

    Oh, and I guess Kim is "losing steam" because she's made mistakes in her past two competitions (Nationals and Golden Spin) in a row, too.

  14. #134
    the Golden Era sky_fly20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,906
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Uh, so has almost every prominent skater on the international circuit:

    - Mao erred at the GPF and at Nationals
    - Julia had a UR'ed 3S at the GPF in her FS, and a step out in her Russian Nationals SP.
    - Sotnikova had errors at the GPF and an error in her FS at Nationals
    - Gold's competition prior to Nationals (for comparison, since she didn't make the GPF) was NHK, where she erred in both programs -- unless Gold skates clean in the FS, she would be just like all the other skaters who failed to go clean in their past two competitions.
    - Kim made errors at Nationals and Golden Spin of Zagreb
    - Suzuki had a UR 3-3 in her SP at Nationals, and errors at the competition before that (NHK)

    The only 2 prominent ladies skaters who haven't made mistakes in at least one of their last two competitions are Radionova (Russian Nationals) and Murakami (Japanese Nationals).
    Wagner's errors have been blatant, at least she has less inflation in her nationals SP score
    fall in FS at the GPF now a hesitant 3-2 almost two foots in Nationals SP, also Radionova was not clean at the GPF FS
    No need to mention Sotnikova

    I don't see the need to propel Wagner
    USFS clearly sees Gracie Gold as their No.1 lady and the highest chance for an Olympic medal

  15. #135
    the Golden Era sky_fly20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,906
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post


    Oh, and I guess Kim is "losing steam" because she's made mistakes in her past two competitions (Nationals and Golden Spin) in a row, too.
    did you see Yuna's skate ? she had less error at nationals, just needs polishing and more speed
    Kim is on an upward trend while Wagner is on a downward trend

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •