Is nationals worth the money, and bother? or is TV best seat? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Is nationals worth the money, and bother? or is TV best seat?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
OK, back to the question. Is nats worth the money? I enjoy it cause you get to see one heck of a lot of skating...as much as you can stand.....I have never gone to a skating event...even Cleveland, where I left saying, "Boy, that was a mistake".
It gets you away from winter and into the bright lights and music and dancing people...with your friends you see every year....its pretty special....special enough to budget all year and skip the smart phone, cable tv, and lattes for...but that Is me....I am still trying to figure out why I want to go to Boston for a week instead of Hawaii, which would be much cheeper!!!!! Note to USFSA...please hold Nats in Hawaii, Phoenix or Orlando soon....(and you wonder why people don't show up....St. Paul? ST PAUL?????)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Note to USFSA...please hold Nats in Hawaii, Phoenix or Orlando soon....(and you wonder why people don't show up....St. Paul? ST PAUL?????)

If they hold Nationals in Orlando I'll be there in a heartbeat (no Hawaii for me... the volcanic compounds make me a walking boil).

Nationals IS expensive to do the whole shebang. It's why I stopped going and decided Disney was more affordable... though Disney is doing it's best to outprice itself at the moment :no:

though I don't think cold is what keeps folks away, Chris... I mean didn't they just go to San Diego not too long ago? :laugh:

FlattFan

Match Penalty
The more I read about you guys already talking up Greensboro, the more I want to go! Airfare is what would kill me, though... :-/

AA offers ANC-GSO for ~$670 Round trip year round.
Quite expensive, but at least if weather interrupts your travel, AA will protect you on later flight.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I think Nats is worth the money. You'll see a lot that you don't see on TV.

Nats in MSP in the middle of winter is definitely not worth the money. Nothing to see.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
bum deal! I met some great people - former skaters from way back - ate some great food at the hotel... shot a ton of pictures... spent time with some of my most fun friends... yeah... oh and I got to go to the Mall of America!