Football vs. Skating | Golden Skate

Football vs. Skating

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I just realized that the NFL division playoffs for the New England Patriots are the same day (and time) as the Ladies Free Skate.

And the game is also at home for the Patriots, which means it's in nearby Foxbourough, MA

I wonder if Alex Shibutani (who is a big Pats fan) is going to watch football or the ladies' free skate.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU......

:laugh:

To answer your question. Yes on Saturday during the Free Dance. :p

I don't think the FD is being broadcast live on NBC so I guess I'll get to watch my Niners whoop up on them dirty birds... ;) (that's assuming, of course, that Kap and team kill the Packers this? weekend lol)

ETA: I think we're the only two figure skating fans to ever really give a rip about Football (and be willing to let it be known anyway) :laugh:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I don't think the FD is being broadcast live on NBC so I guess I'll get to watch my Niners whoop up on them dirty birds... ;) (that's assuming, of course, that Kap and team kill the Packers this? weekend lol)

ETA: I think we're the only two figure skating fans to ever really give a rip about Football (and be willing to let it be known anyway) :laugh:

Well you tell Kapernick to not get too distracted by his muscles, OK? Or my Hawks will go all BEAST MODE and get your guys out of the playoffs!! WOAH SKITTLES!! Ha. I'm bad at trash talking. :)

Haha, well, it's hard to give a rip about football when you don't know how a first down works. ;)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
First downs are the easiest part of football! (well, to understand, not really to *get* ;) )

Kap's arms sure are pretty... wish he wasn't so big on tatooing them up... they were much nicer when he started than they are now :laugh: but he sure is tall dark and handsome :love:

Poor Kap does not do well with the 12th man... the energy just is too much he never seems to calm down (says the girl who really has no clue what she's talking about, she's just judging his facial expression... and the fact that we haven't won a game in Seattle yet :disapp: )

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States

SOme of the FD will be broadcast, because otherwise the event would not be split the way it is. Just what time it will be broadcast depends on your local station.

Jedi

On the Ice
First downs are the easiest part of football! (well, to understand, not really to *get* ;) )

Kap's arms sure are pretty... wish he wasn't so big on tatooing them up... they were much nicer when he started than they are now :laugh: but he sure is tall dark and handsome :love:

Poor Kap does not do well with the 12th man... the energy just is too much he never seems to calm down (says the girl who really has no clue what she's talking about, she's just judging his facial expression... and the fact that we haven't won a game in Seattle yet :disapp: )

Listen folks this is confusing it took me a while to realize we were talking football - if it isn't guys wearing illusion fabric, sequins, feathers and precariously low cut v's it probably shouldn't be here lol.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Listen folks this is confusing it took me a while to realize we were talking football - if it isn't guys wearing illusion fabric, sequins, feathers and precariously low cut v's it probably shouldn't be here lol.

meh. it was a fun thread the Mrs. P started. I don't see why it can't stay. like she said some of the skaters actually like the sport of football. :yes: (and why shouldn't they? it's awesome!)

Doris - I haven't even looked at the tv schedule yet... gotta say, though, if my Niners are playing the Shehawks I will be watching it over US Nationals (perhaps FOX and not NBC is broadcasting the game? or CBS?). If it's the Packers, then I'll watch the FD... as much as I love skating and it's just as important an event... yeah... it most likely won't be live (for me)so... *shrugs* gonna go with live coverage.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
SOme of the FD will be broadcast, because otherwise the event would not be split the way it is. Just what time it will be broadcast depends on your local station.

It might or might be broadcast live. Actually I think the FD will be broadcast live because it's not primetime. However, the Ladies free skate has always been taped delayed in the West Coast so they have something to broadcast in primetime. Totally annoying for me.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
It might or might be broadcast live. Actually I think the FD will be broadcast live because it's not primetime. However, the Ladies free skate has always been taped delayed in the West Coast so they have something to broadcast in primetime. Totally annoying for me.

Preach it!

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
I haven't seen the TV schedule for nationals yet. Can anyone tell me if it meshes with the Eagles/Saints game? It's on at 8:10 on Saturday.

Go Ashley and Mirai and Go Birds!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I haven't seen the TV schedule for nationals yet. Can anyone tell me if it meshes with the Eagles/Saints game? It's on at 8:10 on Saturday.

Go Ashley and Mirai and Go Birds!

Eagles Saints play this saturday, right? if so then you're safe, no skating on tv this weekend...

ETA: oops, there is skating on this weekend, but it's just one of the Disson shows and it's on NBC on Sunday... before the Niners/Packers game!!!! I can watch both! w00t!

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Eagles Saints play this saturday, right? if so then you're safe, no skating on tv this weekend... ETA: oops, there is skating on this weekend, but it's just one of the Disson shows and it's on NBC on Sunday... before the Niners/Packers game!!!! I can watch both! w00t!

Thank Goodness! That would have been a tough one as I have been bred since birth to love Eagles football lol!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Thank Goodness! That would have been a tough one as I have been bred since birth to love Eagles football lol!

I hear ya... I am the same way with the Niners. Mom went into labor with me the day they played the Superbowl in 1985... wouldn't go to the hospital until after they poured the Champagne in the locker room at the end of their win! :laugh:

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
I hear ya... I am the same way with the Niners. Mom went into labor with me the day they played the Superbowl in 1985... wouldn't go to the hospital until after they poured the Champagne in the locker room at the end of their win! :laugh:

That is dedication!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well Toni, it looks like a Seattle/SF faceoff is more likely but both teams have to get through divisional playoffs next week first. ;)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
ha ha... yeah... hope you don't mind if I cheer for the Saints, though! WHO DAT!