Men - Final Results | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Men - Final Results

Quote____________________________________________

2. Lambiel - landed the 4/3 combo, fall on the triple axel, but the most musical and brilliant choreography (I can't get over this program, it even tops last year's Chocolat IMO if that's even possible); amazing spins (did he get even faster ths year?) and sold the program like only Lambiel could. I think his other elements like linking steps, spins and musicality were enough to make up for the missed axel. His blades are silky smooth and his flow is just amazing. He has the rare ability to skate with such ease which makes the intricate moves appear effortless. I don't care that he skated in the second to last flight- he should have gotten 5.9s straight across the board for presentation. ROBBERY OF THE NIGHT._______________________________________

Shine - You've just wetted my appetite all the more. And I know that ABC will not show his performance on American TV. But considering his poor showing in the SP, I can understand him beingk held back. It doesn't change my mind though, as to who is the best, imo, figure skater in Europe. Lambiel is so with the music and not with the poses.

Joe

shine

Record Breaker
Wasn't it? :):):) Too bad it will not make the abc broadcast yet again.:cry:

shine said:
[Re Stefan Lambeil's FS] Wasn't it? :):):) Too bad it will not make the abc broadcast yet again.:cry:
I didn't think ABC would show Lambiel:love: either. Isn't it great when the FS powers-that-be actually do the right thing? They're usually SO predictable in doing the opposite. When I tuned in and saw Lambiel was first to be shown, I wanted to yell, "I LOVE BEING WRONG!"
Rgirl

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
I liked Lambiel's performance a lot, but I was disappointed that during the slow, plaintive melody he kept truckin' along as if the music didn't really change character.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
My favorite was Klimkin; always something interesting and different going on there and had he not had his jump problems, I think it would have been interesting to see how the overall results would have played out.

Plushenko was a total disaster; I think part of the problem there was he's had so many strong solid walked-away-with-it results that he's not mentally prepared to react well to struggle since he's never really had to. I always found it rather significant that during the Evgeni-Alexei rivalry, Evgeni usually won if he was the one to skate first, which seemed to happen a majority of times. If Alexei went first, though, things got interesting. Perhaps this season will at very least toughen him up mentally a bit.

I know I'm in the minority on this one, but wasn't wild about Lambiel's skate. I found the overall program to be rather uneven and strangely structured; posing and choreographic frills sequences interspersed with just skating around concentrating on the next jump.

And was it just me, or was Dick Button really in rare form? Over the years I've learned to tune out most of his chatter, but this time around it seemed that he WOULD JUST NOT SHUT UP for even a second. Really distracting.