Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Happy new year 2014!!!!

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    And now Happy New Year to the very person who started this thread and has done so many good things on this forum: CaroLiza_fan! And a Happy New Year to all our friends in the UK.
    Awww!!! Thank you so much for your kind words Mrs. P!

But I wouldn't say I had done quite that much - sure I've only been on here a year! Look at all the stuff you have done in your time here!

Can I just extend my New Year greeting to all the members in Europe that I missed overnight. Mrs. P has already picked out some of the members located in Europe. I also send out my New Year's wishes to those on Mrs. P's list, but can I also add Bea in Hungary, as well as the person who prompted me to join the forum in the first place, mikiandorocks in Portugal.

Hopefully the European skaters will make sure we have a really enjoyable European Championships in a couple of weeks time. And good luck to all those that are competing in Olympics and Worlds.

But, particularly to Carolina and, especially, Valentina...

Can I also wish a Happy New Year to some of the members on my own rock in the North Atlantic - C_T_T_, Irishflip, shallow edging and zamboni step.

And can I wish a particular good luck to the Irish skaters competing in Europeans in a couple of weeks - Jenna McCorkell and Clara Peters. And, of course, to Jenna for the Olympics! I'm not sure what competitions he has coming up in 2014, but good luck also goes out to Conor Stakelum.

I don't know if any of the Southern skaters are joining Jenna at Worlds, but good luck to whoever does go to Saitama!

My geography of the US isn't great, and I don't know where most of you are from. So, since it is now 2014 in half of the continent, may I do a general "Happy New Year" to all the forum members and skaters in the US, Canada and, well, anywhere in the Americas!

And finally, since you are probably all in 2014 by now, a Happy New Year to all those members that have helped with the Predictions Games in any shape and form - FSGMT, guenever, Li'Kitsu, Wilhelmina, Mrs. P, pitterpatter, tulosai and, the member whose idea this all was in the first place, Macassar88

The Games so far have been so much fun, and we have the big one to look forward to kicking off in just over a week!!!

I think that covers nearly everybody...

Happy New Year!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    AND FINALLY...

Happy New Year to Tonichelle, and any other members that might happen to be in Alaska!

I really hope that 2014 is a much better year for you than 2013 was, Toni.

I have to admit that I don't actually know if there are any well-known skaters from Alaska. But, if there are any Alaskans competing in American Nationals, good luck and I hope you enjoy your trip to Boston.

CaroLiza_fan

Happy New Year, everyone!

Keegan Messing is from Alaska, and he's wonderful! I hope he does well @ US Nationals.

Custom Title
    I'm sorry I missed the countdown! Happy 2014 to all of you at once, in every latitude and longitude. May this be a better year for us all on GS. May all the skaters stay healthy and skate their best in all competitions, especially the big one in Sochi. I want all the skaters to feel as if they have left everything on the ice and have been able to do their utmost. A personal best has its own satisfaction, wherever it lands in the rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    AND FINALLY...

Happy New Year to Tonichelle, and any other members that might happen to be in Alaska!

I really hope that 2014 is a much better year for you than 2013 was, Toni.

I have to admit that I don't actually know if there are any well-known skaters from Alaska. But, if there are any Alaskans competing in American Nationals, good luck and I hope you enjoy your trip to Boston.

CaroLiza_fan

Ha ha, thank you! And a belated Happy New Year to the ones who happened after Alaska (Hawaii is an hour behind us)!!!

Keegan is the only skater in seniors from Alaska at this year's Nationals IIRC... Ashley Wagner learned to skate while they lived up here and skated under the Alaska Figure Skating Association for a lot of her Novice and junior career.

Custom Title
    Didn't Rory Flack Burghardt live in Alaska for awhile?

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Didn't Rory Flack Burghardt live in Alaska for awhile?
    she's from here, as is Sydney Vogel (?). Rory coached Keegan - and still does his choreography. She now lives in Utah, I believe, and is divorced from her husband who still coaches Keegan. She recently got engaged (again), though, so things are doing well for her. (Personally I wish Keegan would drop her as her choreography is bland and is not helping him... but as with all skating there's a lot I'm sure I don't know about why he sticks with her).

Toni, I think Rory has recently moved to the Phila., PA area, according to her FB posts.

Custom Title
    She's one of the few skaters I've seen live. What an exciting lady to watch on the ice.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd View Post
    Toni, I think Rory has recently moved to the Phila., PA area, according to her FB posts.
    ah I believe you're right... I'm bad at keeping up lol that makes it even harder for Keegan to get the support he needs IMO.

Olympia - I was never really a fan of Rory... it was just neat that someone from Alaska got attention on TV.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2