Why you should delete SnapChat | Golden Skate

Why you should delete SnapChat

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
http://adammclane.com/2013/08/22/why-you-should-delete-snapchat/

I’ve been engaged in various forms of social media since AOL chat rooms in 1994. And I’ve never seen a more dangerous application targeting teenagers, specifically girls, than SnapChat.
The premise of SnapChat is simple. You take a picture, send it to a friend, and they can only see it for up to 10 seconds before it’s deleted.
And that’s where the lie begins.
I want to be blunt. My goal for this post is to motivate you to delete SnapChat from your phone.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
That was a good article, thought I don't agree with his premise that people should delete the app. SnapChat is a medium, just as Facebook and Twitter is. It got a reputation early on as a means to transmit inappropriate photos, but I know plenty of people who use it just to joke around with friends.

People are finding interesting ways to use it for good things too. Now This News, a media startup in NYC, is using it to provide daily news updates. They adopt the fun and whimsical style of snap chat making the stories more accessible.

That said, the article does a good job explaining why you should be careful what you post. Of course I suppose the ideal is not to post at all, but for those who do enjoy sharing with friends, it's important to adopt common sense. One of my friends said it best the other day. "I post for posterity."

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
but why use an app that is built specifically for sexting when Instagram works just as well?