What was your biggest highlight/achievement in 2013? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What was your biggest highlight/achievement in 2013?

merrywidow

Record Breaker
My biggest achievement was recovering from a fall in which I fractured my back. My New Year's Resolution is to stay on my feet from now on!

My biggest achievement was recovering from a fall in which I fractured my back. My New Year's Resolution is to stay on my feet from now on!

Yipes! Glad you're recovered. What a scary event. Yes, please stay vertical--and this goes for all of us.

heyang

Record Breaker
Low: discovery of lump on thyroid.

Highlights: finding out lump was benign. Travelling to Hong Kong for work, although now spoiled forever flying business class.

Ianthe

Spectator
This is a great idea for a thread!

My biggest achievement this year was seeking professional help for my depression and anxiety--and telling my parents about it.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

yikes! yes, please try to keep your resolution! :eek: glad you are doing better!

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Oh my gosh! Scary! How did you fall?

It was a windy day in early March, '13 & as I was leaving the house a gust of wind blew the storm door out of my hand. I turned to grab it so it wouldn't hit the side of the house, took a step backwards & went sailing backwards through the air, landing hard on my back on the ground. As some of you are aware I'm in my late 70's so I'm pretty proud of the fact that due to determination I rolled over & got myself up on my feet, back into the house & called my son for help.

heyang

Record Breaker
1462778_10202095061572030_650383822_o.jpg

Dec
936745_10200641678998374_1276632622_n.jpg

Sep
559882_10200409301869091_956225737_n.jpg

Apr
487770_10200331089153822_1022252604_n.jpg

Jan

She appears to be a happy, healthy child - full of energy! Everything a parent could want...Enjoy it!

It was a windy day in early March, '13 & as I was leaving the house a gust of wind blew the storm door out of my hand. I turned to grab it so it wouldn't hit the side of the house, took a step backwards & went sailing backwards through the air, landing hard on my back on the ground. As some of you are aware I'm in my late 70's so I'm pretty proud of the fact that due to determination I rolled over & got myself up on my feet, back into the house & called my son for help.

Even scarier when one hears the details. Glad you were able to rescue yourself and that you had less damage than you could have had. (No head injury, able to get up and get moving, no limb fractures.) Many narrow escapes that day. So happy to hear you have recovered.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
This is a great idea for a thread!

My biggest achievement this year was seeking professional help for my depression and anxiety--and telling my parents about it.

Good for you! It's not easy to take on challenges head on and you did just that. All the best in 2014!

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Getting knocked up at 41 when my "baby" is 16 and in the process of applying to college. No, my husband is NOT amused... LOL

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
:eek: Seriously, KW?! Congrats!

And good to see you posting again! I've missed ya!

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Thanks, Toni!!! I've missed you, Dee and the GS crew too!! And now that I'm no longer speaking to US Figure Skating, I will need to hang out in Le Café... sigh.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Thanks, Toni!!! I've missed you, Dee and the GS crew too!! And now that I'm no longer speaking to US Figure Skating, I will need to hang out in Le Café... sigh.

Well you and I will have to agree to disagree on that, I suppose... but what else is new? :laugh: