What was your biggest highlight/achievement in 2013? | Golden Skate

What was your biggest highlight/achievement in 2013?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Though it would be fun to share one thing that made your 2013 great. It can be just about anything and it doesn't have to be any big thing. Just something that means something to YOU.

For me, it was reaching my yearly running mileage goal of 700. A year ago I had no such goal, I just wanted to run consistently. But then I ended up running three half-marathons, which help me rack up the miles. I reached 700 today after running two miles.

I have always struggled with consistency, so to have a year where I ran all year long despite many struggles (I was definitely cursing when I was running in the heat) is something I'm really excited about. I'm going to work to be just as consistent in 2014!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I can't really think of two many positives for this past year, unfortunately... major highlight was the Disney trip with my mom and dad... and the fact that I reconnected with one of my childhood best friends and we're back to that relationship. She has been my shoulder to lean on - heavily - this year.

Congrats, Mrs. P, on your running achievement.

Toni, my year was kind of like yours. My big achievement consisted largely of making it from day to day, and even having a few smiles along the way. Like you, I got a lot of sustenance from friendships. I hope that in the near future I can be a donor of such sustenance instead of a recipient. Stay strong, Daughter of Eve! It's a new year, and we can renew our hopes for something better.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Toni, here's to a much better 2014. :) That said, I think reconnecting with a long-time friend is a major blessing and gift! I am truly happy that she could be there for you.

Olympia, I agree friendships are the biggest gift of all. The running thing is great, but I truly could have not done it without the support of family and friends!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Toni, my year was kind of like yours. My big achievement consisted largely of making it from day to day, and even having a few smiles along the way. Like you, I got a lot of sustenance from friendships. I hope that in the near future I can be a donor of such sustenance instead of a recipient. Stay strong, Daughter of Eve! It's a new year, and we can renew our hopes for something better.

Amen! 2013 was so trying, but I'm going to work on getting organized and my goals and plans in action... I have such a long hill to climb business wise from what happened at the beginning of last year. But I don't want to quit like this. If I can't get the business off the ground I want to make sure I at least did all that I could to succeed.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Good Luck with the business, Toni!

This was a year with a lot of illness, but it also had its high spots for us:
Our oldest son got married!

And our grandson continued to amaze & amuse use. He's not just performing now; he's writing his own stuff.
Cam with Bill Binford at the Maine Blues Festival (first guitar solo at the 1:30 point)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-lmBIOaOM0
His song Young Boy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61Wi1ABRr4I
and Attention, We've Got a Problem (Zombies)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bcHaUyTuXw

louisa05

Final Flight
I can't really think of two many positives for this past year, unfortunately... major highlight was the Disney trip with my mom and dad... and the fact that I reconnected with one of my childhood best friends and we're back to that relationship. She has been my shoulder to lean on - heavily - this year.

Funny, I could answer this exactly the same minus the Disney trip. My highlight in place of that was attending Nationals with my mom.

backspin

On the Ice
All in all, 2013 was a good year for me.

I completed 6 courses of chemo & came away with a clean bill of health, & am still healthy. Oh, and I grew my hair back! lol

I painted a lot--and sold a lot of paintings! I feel I made real strides in my work, and have built up some momentum. I'm planning to get my own studio space in February, and my hope is that the new environment will be the catalyst for even more productivity.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
All in all, 2013 was a good year for me.

I completed 6 courses of chemo & came away with a clean bill of health, & am still healthy. Oh, and I grew my hair back! lol

I painted a lot--and sold a lot of paintings! I feel I made real strides in my work, and have built up some momentum. I'm planning to get my own studio space in February, and my hope is that the new environment will be the catalyst for even more productivity.

Congrats on the clean bill of health....AND for growth and success in your painting career. :) Sounds like 2014 will be great for you!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Our lives center around our son, so we claim his accomplishments as our own.

Tonto Jr graduated high school and earned enough merit scholarships that he actually receives reimbursement from his college for attending there.

Not a lot, mind you, but, still, they actually pay HIM for attending there!

Also, a new grand-niece was born on New Year's Eve, which was a wonderful way to end a Christmas visit with family!

I've got a health goal for this year, but I won't put the pressure on myself by revealing it.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Our lives center around our son, so we claim his accomplishments as our own.

Tonto Jr graduated high school and earned enough merit scholarships that he actually receives reimbursement from his college for attending there.

Not a lot, mind you, but, still, they actually pay HIM for attending there!

Also, a new grand-niece was born on New Year's Eve, which was a wonderful way to end a Christmas visit with family!

I've got a health goal for this year, but I won't put the pressure on myself by revealing it.

Congrats to your son! Given how scary student loans can be, that is great he got so many scholarships! And congrats on the new grand nice.

Good luck on reaching your 2014 goals. :)

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to everyone on the positive accomplishments in 2013.

Highlights for us - Our Disney World trip in March, visiting Italy in August, meeting the cast of the Disson Family Skating show tribute, and getting a hug from Kurt!

ForeverFish

Medalist
It's no longer 2013, but oh well. :)

I started a rigorous running regimen over the summer, with the goal to eventually run 5 miles, nonstop. (I peaked at 6 and a half.) I'd been out of shape my whole life, so this was a pretty big achievement. Oh, and I lost close to 25 pounds with the help of healthier eating habits. ;)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It's no longer 2013, but oh well. :)

I started a rigorous running regimen over the summer, with the goal to eventually run 5 miles, nonstop. (I peaked at 6 and a half.) I'd been out of shape my whole life, so this was a pretty big achievement. Oh, and I lost close to 25 pounds with the help of healthier eating habits. ;)

Yay, another running achievement! Congrats to you for getting six miles and for your weight loss. :clap:

Next up, half-marathon! Just do another 6.6 miles and you're there!!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
1462778_10202095061572030_650383822_o.jpg

Dec
936745_10200641678998374_1276632622_n.jpg

Sep
559882_10200409301869091_956225737_n.jpg

Apr
487770_10200331089153822_1022252604_n.jpg

Jan