Yuna Kim in Korean Nats for a final rehearsal before Sochi | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim in Korean Nats for a final rehearsal before Sochi

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The reason that competition info goes in competition folders is because the info is more easily available to search for in the archives. Stuff in the Edge disappears quickly.

Ven

Match Penalty
Yuna looks healthier and in better spirits to me than Zagreb, that's great news.

But sigh...I still feel like there's a lack of emotional depth to this program.

Have to wait for nats performance to see for sure.

Ven

Match Penalty
I wonder when Yuna said at times she regrets the LP choice, if she was actually being serious? Maybe she dislikes the choice altogether and wishes she had chosen another program, because it seems like she doesn't feel the music in this program at all.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
The reason that competition info goes in competition folders is because the info is more easily available to search for in the archives. Stuff in the Edge disappears quickly.

Well this is totally absurd.

This thread is about a rehearsal for Sochi program, the evolution of a program. It might as well be filed under 2013-2014 programs thread or re titled into something else. It is not even about National Competition per ce. How would one able to access this information, from 3 clicks deep linked in from sub directories where someone hardly ventures into? Why not just kill the thread now which was behind the main motivation of the complaints?
Disingenuous to say the least.

Fine if you want to kill your own traffic, way to go admin!

ForeverFish

Medalist
I wish SBS had included the audio of Yuna's programs, instead of its own soundtrack. Oh, well.

I think Yuna looks in fantastic shape -- I'm attributing her less-than-perfect Zagreb performances to nerves from not having competed since March. Her 3-3 is still the best in the world, and judging from the video, it seems that she's improved her interpretation of the tango.

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
This thread isn't about Korean Nationals. It's about Yuna Kim skating at Korean Nationals. Who cares about the actual "competition"? Sadly no one. It's so lop-sided it's not really a "competition" in the ladies event. :biggrin:

I hope someday soon Korean Nationals is a legit competition! Here's to Yuna hopefully inspiring a generation of young skaters! :cool:

thinspread

On the Ice

Funny reason, doris. This is not about competition, the Korean nationals. I believe you would know that much.

I wonder when Yuna said at times she regrets the LP choice, if she was actually being serious? Maybe she dislikes the choice altogether and wishes she had chosen another program, because it seems like she doesn't feel the music in this program at all.

I can't read Yuna's mind, but she said on several occasions that she liked the Adios FS very much and that it would be a very good program if she could perform it to her target level. She said she at times regretted the choice because the program is the most choreographically and physically demanding she'd ever had.

As known, Yuna in practice and Yuna on stage are quite different. I think the FS has depth for layered emotional interpretation and expression, compared to something like her Tango de Roxanne. So we'll see. :)

Ven

Match Penalty
Good luck Yuna!

Anyone know what times EST she skates? I bet the YT videos go online within 20 minutes lol.

thinspread

On the Ice
Senior ladies short: 14:00-18:00 Sat (00:00-04:00 Sat EST)
Senior Ladies free: 13:00-16:20 Sun (23:00-02:20 Sun EST)

Yuna will skate last in both short and free.

Live broadcast by KBS. Yes, videos will be uploaded quickly, I hope. :)

Practice reports say Yuna was paying much attention to her non-jump elements and was in good condition, hitting every jump.

Ven

Match Penalty
This article says that Yu-Na changed her FS dress-it's black and purple.

:(

The original black dress was beautiful and mature. This new one is a train-wreck...it screams lack of confidence and looks like a junior costume.

How can this be the same designer as the beautiful Kiss of the Vampire dress? Or even the originals this year?

Why two colors like that? Split personalities? No confidence? Just all black with the silver design looks much better. Keep the original one with altered fittings for comfort.

Senior ladies short: 14:00-18:00 Sat (00:00-04:00 Sat EST)
Senior Ladies free: 13:00-16:20 Sun (23:00-02:20 Sun EST)

Yuna will skate last in both short and free.

Thanks thinspread!

Ven

Match Penalty
I'm not sure, but weren't the sectional and regional qualifying scores higher in Korea than Japan this year?
(for similar positions down the middle of the rankings)

Ven

Match Penalty
Almost showtime, I think Yuna will be doing her SP in about 15 minutes or so.