Good luck Yuna!
Anyone know what times EST she skates? I bet the YT videos go online within 20 minutes lol.
Senior ladies short: 14:00-18:00 Sat (00:00-04:00 Sat EST)
Senior Ladies free: 13:00-16:20 Sun (23:00-02:20 Sun EST)
Yuna will skate last in both short and free.
Live broadcast by KBS. Yes, videos will be uploaded quickly, I hope.
Practice reports say Yuna was paying much attention to her non-jump elements and was in good condition, hitting every jump.
This article says that Yu-Na changed her FS dress-it's black and purple.
She also skated a clean run-through of her FS today.
Originally Posted by Finnstep
The original black dress was beautiful and mature. This new one is a train-wreck...it screams lack of confidence and looks like a junior costume.
How can this be the same designer as the beautiful Kiss of the Vampire dress? Or even the originals this year?
Why two colors like that? Split personalities? No confidence? Just all black with the silver design looks much better. Keep the original one with altered fittings for comfort.
Originally Posted by thinspread
ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
Originally Posted by Krislite
Was there really need for the inverted commas? It is an actual competition and the level of skating displayed is very decent.
I'm not sure, but weren't the sectional and regional qualifying scores higher in Korea than Japan this year?
(for similar positions down the middle of the rankings)
Almost showtime, I think Yuna will be doing her SP in about 15 minutes or so.
Hae Jin scored 58.48
Park So-Yeon 52.31
Six Point Zero
Congrats to Yuna for her great SP! Really looking forward to her long program now.
Flawless short by Yuna! I love this program.
Oh my... 80.60 Even Yuna thinks that's funny lol. It's a national competition though so it's understandable. I'm very happy for Yuna! What a wonderful performance. She's truly gifted
Yuna's words after the short program:
- I thank the judges for the generous score.
- Today's skate was satisfactory, and it helped my confidence. Warming up was not ideal, but I trusted my practices, stayed calm, and finished the program well. I will work on to perform it with more poise before the Olympics. Tomorrow's LP is more important. I want to finish well and carry the good vibes and confidence to Sochi.
- I was working on steps and spins. At Zagreb I missed some levels in the elements during the second half of the LP. Jumps can be off sometimes, so I want to make sure that I don't miss the levels on other elements.
- My stamina is better than in Croatia. Performing the routine is getting less consuming too, as my body is building memory of the choreography moves.
- The free program dress at Zagreb didn't have the feel we intended when the design was done, so we made some changes for this event. We will re-assess it after the nationals. Costume changes are common. For now I have nothing further to say about it.
- At the last worlds I had some competition jitters since it was the first time in two years at the big event. I don't expect it to be a problem at the Olympics.