Yuna Kim in Korean Nats for a final rehearsal before Sochi | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Yuna Kim in Korean Nats for a final rehearsal before Sochi

Krislite

Medalist
Congrats to Yuna for her great SP! Really looking forward to her long program now. :)

Peach

Rinkside
Oh my... 80.60 :laugh: Even Yuna thinks that's funny lol. It's a national competition though so it's understandable. I'm very happy for Yuna! What a wonderful performance. She's truly gifted

thinspread

On the Ice
Yuna's words after the short program:

- I thank the judges for the generous score.

- Today's skate was satisfactory, and it helped my confidence. Warming up was not ideal, but I trusted my practices, stayed calm, and finished the program well. I will work on to perform it with more poise before the Olympics. Tomorrow's LP is more important. I want to finish well and carry the good vibes and confidence to Sochi.

- I was working on steps and spins. At Zagreb I missed some levels in the elements during the second half of the LP. Jumps can be off sometimes, so I want to make sure that I don't miss the levels on other elements.

- My stamina is better than in Croatia. Performing the routine is getting less consuming too, as my body is building memory of the choreography moves.

- The free program dress at Zagreb didn't have the feel we intended when the design was done, so we made some changes for this event. We will re-assess it after the nationals. Costume changes are common. For now I have nothing further to say about it.

- At the last worlds I had some competition jitters since it was the first time in two years at the big event. I don't expect it to be a problem at the Olympics.

mskater93

Record Breaker
^^^
Thomas, you do know that National scores don't count toward world records, right?