SoCal peeps - need advice on transportation | Golden Skate

SoCal peeps - need advice on transportation

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm researching transportation options for when my friends and I go to Disneyland in September. I've never done Disneyland without having our own transportation, but car rentals are expensive for the time we'll be there so we're trying to find other options. Shuttles to and from the airport are figured out, as is transportation to and from Disneyland... but we also want to hit up the Beach and Hollywood area. As well as a day at Universal Studios.

So, what public transportation options are there? We'll be using the ART to get to and from the Disneyland parks... and I know in my previous trips there's either another bus system entirely or the ART partners with another bus company called the orange line? to get to the beaches (we're looking at either Huntington or Newport beach). I'm just not having luck finding info that doesn't confuse me. :laugh:

I've asked our hotel via email but they want to sell us on thier shuttle only to Universal and they want me to call down (and it's not an 800 number) and discuss their shuttle options.

So before I do that does anyone know where I can look at get the info I'm looking for?

loopy

Final Flight
I have never taken local buses but the 47 is from Anaheim to Balboa/Newport.

http://www.octa.net/pdf/pdf/text/route047.pdf

I have no idea how long it takes.

You might be better off using a cab service. I'd guess it would be about $20-25 each way by taxi, but you would go straight there and would be more comfortable with beach gear.

There is no way anyone would take city buses from OC to LA. There are trains from Anaheim to LA (the orange line) but they go to LA Union - not Hollywood. I wouldn't take a taxi. If this is a must do, what about a car rental for the day? You can easily do Hollywood and Universal in one day. it's a big day, but it can be done. There isn't much to do in Hollywood, you can just drive through.

You have a long time before now and September, personally this is a car area, I would look at saving for a rental/watching the rates.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
thanks loopy - the plan is Beach & Hollywood on the same day. None of us are huge beach goers, but one of us is an East Coaster and this is her first time out West so I promised her she'd get to see the Pacific lol

we're definitely leaning more towards rental car. it's about 40$ for the day as opposed to 50+ for the beach (one way) and I didn't even want to see what it'd be for Hollwood lol the bus/metro/whatever has a lot of connections and is over 2 hours one way...

I just am terrified of driving in the city... but my bff says she's willing to do it. Cuz she's a daredevil!