Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir Reality TV Show on W | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir Reality TV Show on W

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
The show makes Tessa seem like a really genuine, real person that you can relate to, especially her insecurities. It's a big contrast from the confidence she naturally exudes on ice. Scott, however, is a dick, and I doubt it's the "editing."

Now I'm going to keep thinking of that "Scott the dick" character that always appeared among the Canadians in South Park whenever I think of him.

Um...I haven't seen any of the Tessa & Scott show yet and so have no opinion about Scott Moir's behaviour on it. Carry on.

ingofan1

Rinkside
Is Tessa really that insecure about Marlie..my impressions of this show is that Scott is not very likeable and they both come across as so phony. No one going believe that love story after watching this show.They did themselves no favors doing this show neither one of them come across well on this show.

cornell08

Final Flight
After watching the first 3 episodes, I think its safe to say that alot of 'drama' needed to be created (and its still not that dramatic) for this show to get on TV. Like that dinner with Weaver/Poje...so fake! Not that I'm complaining, its still all pretty entertaining. But I think we can safely say the producers told Tessa to up the inner turmoil for the viewers.

cinnamon

On the Ice
After watching the first 3 episodes, I think its safe to say that alot of 'drama' needed to be created (and its still not that dramatic) for this show to get on TV. Like that dinner with Weaver/Poje...so fake! Not that I'm complaining, its still all pretty entertaining. But I think we can safely say the producers told Tessa to up the inner turmoil for the viewers.
I agree with this.
The documentary on Lesley Hawler and others before 2006 Olympics was much more real.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
I feel like this show is setting us up for a love story in Sochi, like a romantic relationship is revealed. I am probably wrong.

rvi5

On the Ice
Is Tessa really that insecure about Marlie..my impressions of this show is that Scott is not very likeable and they both come across as so phony. No one going believe that love story after watching this show. They did themselves no favors doing this show neither one of them come across well on this show.
Tessa and Scott have been telling everyone they are not a couple for years. Yet people still want to believe they are, or wish they would be. I guess that is a testament to their performance abilities on the ice. When you watch an actor in a romantic movie, you can believe the acting regardless whether you despised them as a psychotic killer in another movie a week before. Good actors can draw you into various roles.

rvi5

On the Ice
"Tessa & Scott" is not exactly a documentary, it is a reality show. Despite the name, since when have reality shows been real? Although much is "based" on truth, it has been exaggerated and twisted to create more drama. I guess W-Network couldn't sell a Figure Skating "documentary" to the general public, unless somebody gets whacked on the knee...not enough drama.

In the early stages, the network research people likely investigated Tessa and Scott. They would have interviewed them to learn everything they could about their lives. They were probably questioned on their likes/dislikes, family, their rivals, the relationships with their team mates, any romantic interests, and how they feel about each other. Once all the data had been collected, the network people likely had a big meeting to decide the story line/sub plots, and what needed to be emphasized to create drama. At this point they probably began filming, staging some scenes to keep with the various story angles...Cassandra the romantic interest, the camaraderie among the Canadian team ie. one likely purpose for the W/P dinner. D/W would be portrayed as the enemy, and any visible signs of friendship with V/M would be omitted. After the filming was completed, they would edit the clips with the intent to further enhance the story lines and drama. Cutting, pasting, and dubbing to produce a story they wanted to tell. Clips which appear together could have been filmed days or weeks apart, and some of the voice overs may not have had any connection with the associated clip, or recorded and dubbed later. Having likely signed a confidentiality agreement at the onset, nobody involved would be able to comment on the truth/fiction within the show.

Did anyone notice when Tessa and Scott had dinner in the first episode, they made a point of zooming on Tessa's feet, and Scott commenting how Tessa was taking too much space with her legs crossed under the table was the excuse? Later when Cassandra arrived for a home made dinner with Scott, they focused on her feet wearing the same type of shoes. I don't think that was coincidence. The director likely wanted the viewers to initially think Scott had invited Tessa for a romantic dinner, then surprise, it was Cassandra. No doubt Tessa and Cassandra were told to wear the shoes, which may have even been provided for that purpose.

The show has already been debated and picked apart by V/M fans. Pointing out the flaws and inconsistencies in relation to what is already known about Tessa and Scott. If you choose to watch the show as a documentary, you will be disappointed. Accept it as just entertainment, you will be much happier.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Tessa and Scott have been telling everyone they are not a couple for years. Yet people still want to believe they are, or wish they would be. I guess that is a testament to their performance abilities on the ice. When you watch an actor in a romantic movie, you can believe the acting regardless whether you despised them as a psychotic killer in another movie a week before. Good actors can draw you into various roles.

I do think Cassandra is not helping the skating. Real lasting relationships take time and effort and he already had one with Jessica Dube and who knows how many more. Focus is needed to competing against Marlie as well as stability. AT least Charlie has been with Tanith for a while.

hyperinflation

Match Penalty

it's not like they don't encourage it when they do stuff like this. they know what their 'brand' is so to speak and they're capitalizing on it while they still have the chance.

people are taking it too seriously though, just think of it as one long extended fluff piece. i would have preferred a documentary since i find certain pieces of it to be really interesting, but lots of it is also very silly. i do think scott gets a bad rap for being a jerk though. the only questionable thing i ever remember him doing is the 'what a piss off' comment he made in 2011, which was unsportsmanlike, but you know, whatever, it doesn't even rank in top 100 problematic things figure skaters have said. the show humanizes tessa way more than scott but the only reason she's coming off more likable than him is the weird *** tone it's setting where they're making it look like she's in love with him while he just doesn't care.

rvi5

On the Ice
I do think Cassandra is not helping the skating. Real lasting relationships take time and effort and he already had one with Jessica Dube and who knows how many more. Focus is needed to competing against Marlie as well as stability. AT least Charlie has been with Tanith for a while.

Although Scott has dated others, Tessa and Scott themselves have had a connection for many years (since childhood). They seem to be able to draw on that connection as needed during their performances. Good actors can play a believable romantic role, despite being married to others. Scott was dating Dube in 2010 during the Olympics, yet it didn't seem to affect V/M's romantic performance on ice at that time. People still wanted to believe they were a couple. Tessa and Scott have been experimenting with different roles over the past few seasons eg. Funny Face, Carmen. Now they are back to the more traditional romantic role, which appears to be their specialty due to their ability to connect. I don't see why Cassandra would be a greater issue in 2014, than Jessica was in 2010. If anything, Jessica should have been a bigger distraction since she was always present as part of the Canadian 2010 Olympic team. I think if Tessa and Scott are going to have problems in Sochi, it will not be because of their connection.

...i would have preferred a documentary since i find certain pieces of it to be really interesting...
Most avid Figure Skating fans would have preferred a documentary. Unfortunately, avid fans are not likely W-Network's majority target audience.

lcd

Match Penalty
The impression that comes across to me about the nature of their relationship is that it is indeed very unique and difficult to characterize in a familiar sound-bite sort of compartmentalizable way. It also does strike me that it seems somehow LIKELY that the concern which Tessa gives voice to on the 5th episode, that after all of these years she and Scott will sort of go their own ways, maybe only seeing each other on 'occasion' once their lives as skaters are over, will be true. They actually seem like VERY different people. This has helped them complement each other in many respects, but this is also something that seems destined (again, just my impression) to ultimately have them lead very different sorts of lives, apart, going forward. Kind of bittersweet to consider, but just my impression.

rvi5

On the Ice
The impression that comes across to me about the nature of their relationship is that it is indeed very unique and difficult to characterize in a familiar sound-bite sort of compartmentalizable way. It also does strike me that it seems somehow LIKELY that the concern which Tessa gives voice to on the 5th episode, that after all of these years she and Scott will sort of go their own ways, maybe only seeing each other on 'occasion' once their lives as skaters are over, will be true. They actually seem like VERY different people. This has helped them complement each other in many respects, but this is also something that seems destined (again, just my impression) to ultimately have them lead very different sorts of lives, apart, going forward. Kind of bittersweet to consider, but just my impression.

Initially they will still need to get together to train and perform in CSOI, and any other shows to which they are invited. If they are like Joannie, they may have many. It seems like Joannie and Kurt Browning are always performing in skating shows on both sides of the border and internationally. Although not illustrated in the reality show, Scott also enjoys golfing (although I don't know who likes the game most). That could be an excuse to get together if they wish to maintain a close relationship. It will be up to them to make the effort. However in the long term, you could be correct. Especially if Tessa becomes preoccupied dating.

Procrastinator

On the Ice
I think it airs on Wednesday so it's not out yet. But they'll be airing the final two on the same day so the series ends tomorrow basically.

LILLYCARSONBAILEY

Spectator
I think it airs on Wednesday so it's not out yet. But they'll be airing the final two on the same day so the series ends tomorrow basically.

Okay, thank you! We can't get it here. I like the show & enjoy them a lot, but I'm really surprised too, and I'm not sure it's a good thing for them because I've always thought they were much closer and had more chemistry than D&W, but she comes off as almost shy around him and not that comfortable, especially when you consider they've skated together for as long as they have! I was hoping the last episodes change my opinion! :)

kresslia

Medalist
Okay, thank you! We can't get it here. I like the show & enjoy them a lot, but I'm really surprised too, and I'm not sure it's a good thing for them because I've always thought they were much closer and had more chemistry than D&W, but she comes off as almost shy around him and not that comfortable, especially when you consider they've skated together for as long as they have! I was hoping the last episodes change my opinion! :)
I think Tessa is kinda shy and awkward in general. I find it endearing, actually.

avantgardener

Rinkside
So it looks like the Vimeo host of the original videos = taken down. However, through some Googling, I found this link where you can download both episodes in HD-ish quality. Just note that they're about 330MB each, and I used VLC Player to play them:

http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=ga8546466335d0e87999454934d9fa6eff1e6d5ad1

I'm assuming the episodes will appear soon on another Vimeo-type site... but for those (like me) who are impatient, you can watch the last two episodes above (...ha, at least for now).

Enjoy!

--Michael