Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir Reality TV Show on W | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir Reality TV Show on W

GF2445

Record Breaker
Season two of Tessa and scott...that would be fantastic to see life post career. It would be great to see what they are interested in and what they spend all their spare time in doing.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Exactly. I had no problem with them feeling confident after the gpf. Well justified! It is just the wrong place to end the story.

Its all about what they budgeted for i suppose by W. Also, maybe having the cameras on them during nationals and olympics wouldve probably have been too much for them.

Exactly. I had no problem with them feeling confident after the gpf. Well justified! It is just the wrong place to end the story.

Exactly! And I totally get not filming during the Olympics....But I feel like it could've picked up once they were done performing. Like, they could've shown snippets of them in the team and ice dance competitions while they did voice overs... And then really picked up with the media storm they became a part of once they arrived home in Canada; and their leaving Canton... :biggrin: See?! Why wasn't I a producer - I have so many ideas for them! hehehe But really, I reallllllllly wish they'd do a season two...

Alba

Record Breaker
As a narrative, the whole arc of the show was rather odd:

Worry and fret about losing to Meryl & Charlie at the Olympics.

Win 2 Gp's. Worry about losing to Meryl and Charlie at gpf.
Lose to Meryl & Charlie at gpf. Announce that because it was very close that you're all set to beat Meryl and Charlie at the Olympics.

The End. :eek:

What do you mean, The End??? Where are the Olympic episodes? The post Olympics retrospective?
:cry: wuz robbed.

Yeah! :laugh:

GF2445

Record Breaker
Ok guys. Someone build a time machine, and lets go back in time and fix this mess up with the producers. Also, If we go back in time, we need to stop tessa and scott from doing their 'seasons' routine and made them do something else. ;)

Alba

Record Breaker
Ok guys. Someone build a time machine, and lets go back in time and fix this mess up with the producers. Also, If we go back in time, we need to stop tessa and scott from doing their 'seasons' routine and made them do something else. ;)

Is it only me who love that program? I mean the music is gorgeous. Yeah it does feel a bit of Mahler 2.0 but it was beautiful, except for the end.
Didn't like that closure tbh.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Is it only me who love that program? I mean the music is gorgeous. Yeah it does feel a bit of Mahler 2.0 but it was beautiful, except for the end.

No i loved that program. Back before Sochi,I was one of the virtue moir supporters in the battle between virtue/moir and davos/white fans.
I preferred their program over Scherherezade but it was doomed from the start.

It's not just you, Alba. I loved it too. But then, I've always loved that part of the Glazunov.

tulosai

Record Breaker
People I have talked to who have met Meryl say that she is a very shy and very sweet person who always takes time to talk to the fans and make them feel welcome.

Yes, I met Meryl in an airport a few years ago now, and she was kind of shy at least at first, but she was the sweetest person. I was like OMG you are Meryl Davis and totally fangirled out on her and after a brief moment where it appeared she might try to deny she was Meryl Davis and run away from me (which would have been understandable (though thinking about it now at that time it might also have been unusual for her to be recognized and she might have been confused at my spontaneous gushing)) she was like "Yes, hi!" and really took some time to talk to me... in fact, after about 10 minutes I was like "well, I am sure you have a flight to catch" and she was like "no not really, it doesn't leave for another hour" and graciously kept talking to me for another 10 or so minutes. She was really patient and honest in answering my questions and just overall very sweet. I have the highest opinion of her based both on that and how she's conducted herself in general publicly, both on DWTS and before that.

Coltrocks12

On the Ice
Yes, I met Meryl in an airport a few years ago now, and she was kind of shy at least at first, but she was the sweetest person. I was like OMG you are Meryl Davis and totally fangirled out on her and after a brief moment where it appeared she might try to deny she was Meryl Davis and run away from me (which would have been understandable (though thinking about it now at that time it might also have been unusual for her to be recognized and she might have been confused at my spontaneous gushing)) she was like "Yes, hi!" and really took some time to talk to me... in fact, after about 10 minutes I was like "well, I am sure you have a flight to catch" and she was like "no not really, it doesn't leave for another hour" and graciously kept talking to me for another 10 or so minutes. She was really patient and honest in answering my questions and just overall very sweet. I have the highest opinion of her based both on that and how she's conducted herself in general publicly, both on DWTS and before that.

I would have gushed too. She is one of my all time favorite skaters. Just one more good story to add to the pile. Glad you got to meet her. :)

I think we have a similar taste when it comes to music. :)

I think so, Alba!

Tulosai, I'm so glad you got to meet Meryl, and that she seems as nice in real life as we would hope she would be. She and Charlie have been on my Forever List for several years (along with Tessa and Scott, I hasten to add), and I am tremendously sorry that both couples seem to be on the verge of moving on from competitive skating. They are leaving a giant gap at the top.

I think so, Alba!

Tulosai, I'm so glad you got to meet Meryl, and that she seems as nice in real life as we would hope she would be. She and Charlie have been on my Forever List for several years (along with Tessa and Scott, I hasten to add), and I am tremendously sorry that both couples seem to be on the verge of moving on from competitive skating. They are leaving a giant gap at the top.

Agreed!!! :(

And Alba, I like "Seasons" - however, it didn't have the feel of an OGM winning piece for whatever reason...I feel like the ending always felt abrupt or a little flat, sadly. I feel like e it was the cutting of the music? Beautiful music...but the ending just didn't have the oomph it needed, imo

tulosai I am so green with envy, btw

GF2445

Record Breaker
My favourite part of their FD was the tempo change with the two rotational lifts before the diagonal step. Its glorious.
I also love the ending section- that was the end of Scriabin's Piano Sonata.

Alba

Record Breaker
And Alba, I like "Seasons" - however, it didn't have the feel of an OGM winning piece for whatever reason...I feel like the ending always felt abrupt or a little flat, sadly. I feel like e it was the cutting of the music? Beautiful music...but the ending just didn't have the oomph it needed, imo

My problem with the ending was not the music but the the pose. I got the idea behind that, but it's not something that I like.
That's why the ending felt a bit flat, at least for me.

My problem with the ending was not the music but the the pose. I got the idea behind that, but it's not something that I like.
That's why the ending felt a bit flat, at least for me.

I need to re-watch it.... I just know that the ending felt off to me.....like I felt like their ending of their skating and the ending of the music were lackluster... I don't know if the two were mismatched, or the pose was just ehh, or if it was the cutting of the music. It just didn't have a strong enough closing for me. But Mahler was great...and I liked Carmen and I could go on and on, haha

Mahler was great and Carmen was a masterpiece. I'm sorry for D&W fans but that should've been the winning program. :cool:

I love both V/M and D/W - But...tbh as much as I loved Carmen and I sooooo did....I really loved D/W's Notre Dame program. And as fab as Carmen was, it wasn't always executed to the level that D/W's program was imo

I guess at the end of the day I feel like both V/M and D/W have had amazing programs over the years and I've enjoyed everyone of their programs for different reasons and to different extents. When it comes down to it, I think that overall they've been evenly matched and it comes down to a preference for a program for me instead of preference for a couple. I have my favorites for each and I'm not a straight party voter - I take it program by program.