Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir Reality TV Show on W

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Tessa seems so much more fragile, and less secure, than I had thought. I hope that part was exaggerated.
    Yep, I had the same impression. I think it really was exaggerated though, not because an elite skater can't be less secure at times, but I had the feeling that they were really going for it. Like really marking this aspect. It was a bit too much, me think, and I didn't like it.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    As a narrative, the whole arc of the show was rather odd:

Worry and fret about losing to Meryl & Charlie at the Olympics.

Win 2 Gp's. Worry about losing to Meryl and Charlie at gpf.
    Lose to Meryl & Charlie at gpf. Announce that because it was very close that you're all set to beat Meryl and Charlie at the Olympics.

The End.

What do you mean, The End??? Where are the Olympic episodes? The post Olympics retrospective?

wuz robbed.

Yeah. The show really do them a great deal of justice. You could tell that they producers were crafting a story from the video footage they made. It was too constructed and dramatic to be 100% true.

This is such a contrast to Meryl and Charlie's story that DWTS had constructed about them.

In actual reality i can bank my dollars that tessa and scott are just great and lovely people who probably had the same drive as Meryl and Charlie to won gold but tessa and scotts show highlights more of the lower aspects of their olympic journey. Compare that to Meryl and Charlie who were painted as champions who triumphed, when in actual reality, like any other athlete competing had similar down and low moments and doubts like Tessa and Scott encountered in their show.

As amazing as they are, itsimportant to remember that they are human like all of us but nonetheless, Its all interesting stuff this tv business.

Custom Title
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    Doris agreed on all points! They really did make Tessa seem insecure and sort of fragile....and while I do hope and think that it was exaggerated, it came off feeling like one of the more real aspects of the show.

Also, agree that the narrative was odd...including her "date" with P Chiddy whose girlfriend was in the next scene/episode, lol. Hey, a friend date is totes fine...they just had some clever editing that made it seem like more until all of a sudden Patrick, Scott, and P's gf were all hanging out, lol.

Lose to Meryl & Charlie at gpf. Announce that because it was very close that you're all set to beat Meryl and Charlie at the Olympics.
    I'm all for a positive outlook, but I would've continued to be nervous at that point if I were them - though they may have been off camera. And this was done for a Canadian audience and based on the way I've seen the media portray and slant things in athletics there (and I'm not dissing it...I think every country reports/slants on things differently), I really would expect nothing less than the upbeat "we're ready to go win gold at the Olympics bc we're close to D/W's scores" ending that it had.
    (And tbh...I feel like it's probably better than ending with "oh man, can we beat Charlie and Meryl?" --> Which sort of lacks the confidence they should have/portray.)

Also agree in that I totally feel cheated! We need a season two that follows them post-Olympics.....or like follows them during their year of retirement while they figure out if they're really going to retire and/or what they're going to move onto. I'd love to watch some sappy scenes about their post-skating relationship.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Exactly. I had no problem with them feeling confident after the gpf. Well justified! It is just the wrong place to end the story.

Season two of Tessa and scott...that would be fantastic to see life post career. It would be great to see what they are interested in and what they spend all their spare time in doing.

Exactly. I had no problem with them feeling confident after the gpf. Well justified! It is just the wrong place to end the story.
    Its all about what they budgeted for i suppose by W. Also, maybe having the cameras on them during nationals and olympics wouldve probably have been too much for them.

Custom Title
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    Exactly! And I totally get not filming during the Olympics....But I feel like it could've picked up once they were done performing. Like, they could've shown snippets of them in the team and ice dance competitions while they did voice overs... And then really picked up with the media storm they became a part of once they arrived home in Canada; and their leaving Canton... See?! Why wasn't I a producer - I have so many ideas for them! hehehe But really, I reallllllllly wish they'd do a season two...

As a narrative, the whole arc of the show was rather odd:

Worry and fret about losing to Meryl & Charlie at the Olympics.

The End.

What do you mean, The End??? Where are the Olympic episodes? The post Olympics retrospective?
    wuz robbed.
    Yeah!

Ok guys. Someone build a time machine, and lets go back in time and fix this mess up with the producers. Also, If we go back in time, we need to stop tessa and scott from doing their 'seasons' routine and made them do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post
    Ok guys. Someone build a time machine, and lets go back in time and fix this mess up with the producers. Also, If we go back in time, we need to stop tessa and scott from doing their 'seasons' routine and made them do something else.
    Is it only me who love that program? I mean the music is gorgeous. Yeah it does feel a bit of Mahler 2.0 but it was beautiful, except for the end.
    Didn't like that closure tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    Is it only me who love that program? I mean the music is gorgeous. Yeah it does feel a bit of Mahler 2.0 but it was beautiful, except for the end.
    No i loved that program. Back before Sochi,I was one of the virtue moir supporters in the battle between virtue/moir and davos/white fans.
    I preferred their program over Scherherezade but it was doomed from the start.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    It's not just you, Alba. I loved it too. But then, I've always loved that part of the Glazunov.

Quote Originally Posted by Coltrocks12 View Post
    People I have talked to who have met Meryl say that she is a very shy and very sweet person who always takes time to talk to the fans and make them feel welcome.
    Yes, I met Meryl in an airport a few years ago now, and she was kind of shy at least at first, but she was the sweetest person. I was like OMG you are Meryl Davis and totally fangirled out on her and after a brief moment where it appeared she might try to deny she was Meryl Davis and run away from me (which would have been understandable (though thinking about it now at that time it might also have been unusual for her to be recognized and she might have been confused at my spontaneous gushing)) she was like "Yes, hi!" and really took some time to talk to me... in fact, after about 10 minutes I was like "well, I am sure you have a flight to catch" and she was like "no not really, it doesn't leave for another hour" and graciously kept talking to me for another 10 or so minutes. She was really patient and honest in answering my questions and just overall very sweet. I have the highest opinion of her based both on that and how she's conducted herself in general publicly, both on DWTS and before that.

Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Yes, I met Meryl in an airport a few years ago now, and she was kind of shy at least at first, but she was the sweetest person. I was like OMG you are Meryl Davis and totally fangirled out on her and after a brief moment where it appeared she might try to deny she was Meryl Davis and run away from me (which would have been understandable (though thinking about it now at that time it might also have been unusual for her to be recognized and she might have been confused at my spontaneous gushing)) she was like "Yes, hi!" and really took some time to talk to me... in fact, after about 10 minutes I was like "well, I am sure you have a flight to catch" and she was like "no not really, it doesn't leave for another hour" and graciously kept talking to me for another 10 or so minutes. She was really patient and honest in answering my questions and just overall very sweet. I have the highest opinion of her based both on that and how she's conducted herself in general publicly, both on DWTS and before that.
    I would have gushed too. She is one of my all time favorite skaters. Just one more good story to add to the pile. Glad you got to meet her.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast