Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir Reality TV Show on W

Custom Title
    As long as someone keeps posting the episodes online, I'll keep watching but I will take the content with a grain of salt.

The power of the editing room is remarkable. I've worked on a couple of film productions - both scripted and documentary, and documentaries are by far the hardest thing to edit if you want to offer a truly unbiased account of events... but that probably wouldn't be "exciting" enough for a cable company to trust the ratings.

I will say at least they aren't bringing in actors to be fake friends or hiring a fake choreographer for them to create a certain personality. Hopefully they'll continue to spare us that sort of thing and save that kind of manipulation for shows like DanceMoms etc...

In any event it is cool to get a some sort of glimpse into their world. Artistic relationships can be some of the hardest to maintain and understand. At one moment you feel married to the person. The next you're best friends. Then the next day you don't want to see their face, or they're simply the business partner you work with. That's a dynamic to this show I found interesting and very relatable.

Tessa and Scott are extremely talented and clearly work incredibly hard. I could use less of the editing that looks like Meryl is watching their every move. I really doubt she spends a lot of time watching them practice lifts, but I will believe that that competitive edge is an ever present element of the Detroit Skating Club. Still, as a skating fan I can't deny how fun it is to watch this show, even if I want to cringe when they play super cheesy music in the background instead of Ella when we watch then perform their FD. One can only wonder what sort of music they'll choose when they do their FD...

Custom Title
    Unfortunately it's been taken down from Youtube already.
    :(

Quote Originally Posted by RABID View Post
    Meanwhile she is the most gorgeous thing on ice.
    I know, right? Canadian men are blind, is what. I can tell you from personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    Unfortunately it's been taken down from Youtube already.
    :(
    There is no other source to watch it ?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by samson View Post
    As long as someone keeps posting the episodes online, I'll keep watching but I will take the content with a grain of salt.

The power of the editing room is remarkable. I've worked on a couple of film productions - both scripted and documentary, and documentaries are by far the hardest thing to edit if you want to offer a truly unbiased account of events... but that probably wouldn't be "exciting" enough for a cable company to trust the ratings.

I will say at least they aren't bringing in actors to be fake friends or hiring a fake choreographer for them to create a certain personality. Hopefully they'll continue to spare us that sort of thing and save that kind of manipulation for shows like DanceMoms etc...

In any event it is cool to get a some sort of glimpse into their world. Artistic relationships can be some of the hardest to maintain and understand. At one moment you feel married to the person. The next you're best friends. Then the next day you don't want to see their face, or they're simply the business partner you work with. That's a dynamic to this show I found interesting and very relatable.

Tessa and Scott are extremely talented and clearly work incredibly hard. I could use less of the editing that looks like Meryl is watching their every move. I really doubt she spends a lot of time watching them practice lifts, but I will believe that that competitive edge is an ever present element of the Detroit Skating Club. Still, as a skating fan I can't deny how fun it is to watch this show, even if I want to cringe when they play super cheesy music in the background instead of Ella when we watch then perform their FD. One can only wonder what sort of music they'll choose when they do their FD...
    I hate the drama that the production company is trying to bring e.g between Tessa and Meryl. Not sure if VM are pleased about the editing...

Sorry but I cannot resist correcting you on the fact that they train at the Arctic Edge of Canton, not at the Detroit Skating Club.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chapis View Post
    There is no other source to watch it ?
    Would be wonderful if the original poster could repost to another platform like VIMEO maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by lcd View Post
    Would be wonderful if the original poster could repost to another platform like VIMEO maybe.
    Doesn't anybody here use Download Helper? Mozilla Firefox; Download Helper. If I like a video I download it so I don't have to rely on the whims of YouTube "sensitivities" and if I so choose, delete it at my leisure.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    As thrilled as I was to hear Scott and Tessa would be featured training up close and personal on a reality tv show, I am now wondering if it is a good idea. Sometimes it is better not to know every detail about your favorite skaters/stars lives. I kind of wonder why Scott should be so overprotective towards Tessa about who she dates when he is dating someone? It almost sounded like he would be jealous. I don't know, maybe he feels like he is her big brother. It was interesting that Scott said they have always been "civil" with Davis and White - the media has always made it seem that they are "training friends." I never really bought that. I still don't understand why Virtue/Moir would want to train on the same rink and from the same coach as their main rivals, but I guess it's too late to change now. Anyway, I will keep watching.

this is indeed a reality tv show... there's drama and some entertaining stuff.. imagine if they put all skaters with their different personalities and backgrounds in an island for 30 days i wonder who will be the first one to go insane..

btw i love scott/tessa's skating.. their performances etc... but i i'm curious why they agreed to do this in an olympic season!!

And Scott being jelous surely was just a joke and indication of the director of the show. We can´t to be exigent because figure skating almost doesn´t get time in TV, this is better than nothing

Quote Originally Posted by RABID View Post
    Doesn't anybody here use Download Helper? Mozilla Firefox; Download Helper. If I like a video I download it so I don't have to rely on the whims of YouTube "sensitivities" and if I so choose, delete it at my leisure.
    Yep. I don't use it, but I do use something else to do the same thing.

Custom Title
    Very interesting, though I don't get what's up with the Patrick Cheaty Chan bit at the end? And who's this Cassandra? Didn't know Jessica Dube and him broke up.

I thought it was very well produced. Tessa & Scott were obviously paid a lot of money to be invested in their participation of dramatic arcs. They both look relatively sincere. Very hot too. Their personalities are very unexpected. I've always thought of Tessa as someone with a darker, femme fatale personality.

Rogue Leader
    I don't think Scott meant guys go through him because of a jealousy thing. I think he meant people don't know what to do, since Scott and Tessa have such a close skating relationship. One scene made it look like Scott was protecting her. Some Italian figure skater was flirting pretty hard with her, then Scott pointed out to the guy that his own girlfriend was sitting beside him while he flirted with someone else. It was kind of funny.

Custom Title
    Have you seen this? http://www.theskatinglesson.com/tess...ap-love-story/

" Previews of future episodes show Virtue crying into her phone and shots of both partners realizing just how important the other is to them. Where is this series going? We can only hope that it will lead to a series finale where they realize their love for one another right before their final Olympic performance. Sound familiar? Perhaps you’ve seen The Cutting Edge. "

Quote Originally Posted by Sara View Post
    Have you seen this?

" Previews of future episodes show Virtue crying into her phone and shots of both partners realizing just how important the other is to them. Where is this series going? We can only hope that it will lead to a series finale where they realize their love for one another right before their final Olympic performance. Sound familiar? Perhaps you’ve seen The Cutting Edge. "
    I watched that stupid movie about the girl that broke her leg ( really with a fracture) and she goes to pairs because she can´t jump anymore (like if at pairs were not necessary the jumps , imagine the throw jumps with a broken leg)

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast