Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir Reality TV Show on W | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir Reality TV Show on W

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I wonder what their coach thinks of this whole thing. It must be tough for her also to be under the spot light.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I wonder what their coach thinks of this whole thing. It must be tough for her also to be under the spot light.

:rofl: You're joking, right? Zoueva loves being in the spotlight, IMHO.
Yes, she wants secrecy for some of what she and her skaters are doing as they choreograph programs and train.
But by nature, Zoueva seems to be an attention-wh*re -- much moreso than any of her skaters.

GF2445

Record Breaker
I love 'reality tv.' you could tell from the get go that what they are portraying on the show is a distorted reality of their actual situation. Selected cut shots, voice overs etc. were used to weave a dramatic storyline out of it. There is truth in it but it's not the whole truth.

Nonetheless, this is great television!

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm happy to report that my cat, a creature of impeccable taste, LOVES this reality show for some reason. He comes and lays by my shoulder and watches intently in a way previously only witnessed when he is able to glimpse The Discovery Channel.

Sara

On the Ice
Thank you very much for the link! Please post a link also to the 3rd episode if you have it! Thanks =)

GF2445

Record Breaker
This episode was epic. Pity we didn't get to see more of Angry Scott ;)

Love it when Tessa asked Kaitlyn and Andrew if they spent any time apart!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for posting those Vimeo links, otherwise I wouldn't get to see it (I'm in the US). Enjoyed the past two episodes just for the locations. I went to TIFF last year and have stayed at the Delta Chelsea (now the Eaton Chelsea) and flew into Billy Bishop airport. Looks like they flew Porter with their propeller planes. I also enjoy Jian Ghomeshi's interviews, so I liked seeing his little cameo/flirtation with Tessa.

I have a love/hate relationship with this show. On one hand, I like the behind the scenes stuff such all the different coaches they have (technical, lift, musical), and seeing Marina being stern and loving her little dog. I just don't like the narrative they are building for "Tessa" and "Scott" which I wonder how real it actually is.

Poor "Tessa" is full of self-doubt (even vomits after a performance), needs her mommy and worries that "Scott" is angry with her if she's not perfect. Meanwhile, Scott, in typical male fashion, can't wait to leave Tessa to spend time with Cassandra, needs to "blow off steam" with P.Chiddy (oy, that nickname), and has anger issues.

Meanwhile, we just see Meryl and Charlie, but don't hear anything from them, so they remain enigmas and "the competition."

In reality, I don't think these two have a snowball's chance in hell getting another OGM, and I don't think this show is helping their case.

kresslia

Medalist
In reality, I don't think these two have a snowball's chance in hell getting another OGM, and I don't think this show is helping their case.
Are you serious? Wth is with the strong language here?

#1: This show has absolutely nothing to do with their chances of getting a gold medal. There is no relation whatsoever.
#2: I don't think they'll win, but they don't have a "snowball's chance in hell"? LOL? Are you trolling? They were about a point behind Meryl and Charlie at GPF. All it takes is a mistake from M&C and a clean skate from V&M. Ridiculous thing to say.

wootie

Match Penalty
I don't know why these two are deemed so interesting. Tessa is ok..."interesting" in a very bland way. Scott is ridiculous. He's such a corny presence...supposedly this tough, passionate athlete who somehow manages to look like such a faux man's man whenever he opens his mouth. He's also straight up NOT attractive or sexy. Nikita Katsalapov, yes. Scott Moir, no.

Also, on a side note, I've notice Tessa's feet are bigger than his (at least in terms of their skates). Hmmmm....

I'm only sort of kidding, lol. I do find Tessa and Scott to be as interesting as an ice dance pair could be (low bar). I'm sure they're lovely people.

cornell08

Final Flight
Can anyone explain what Tessa meant by her biggest splurge was her "Chanel safety pin"? 1) That sounds like a very expensive safety pin 2) Does she mean a brooch? Is this Canadian lingo I'm not getting?? lol this has been bugging me for days

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Can anyone explain what Tessa meant by her biggest splurge was her "Chanel safety pin"? 1) That sounds like a very expensive safety pin 2) Does she mean a brooch? Is this Canadian lingo I'm not getting?? lol this has been bugging me for days

My assumption has been that Tessa's Chanel safety pin is a piece of nice jewelry. A fashionable brooch, as you say, stylized in the shape of a safety pin.

Disclaimers: I am American, but can't imagine that Tessa's description was some kind of Canadian lingo. So far have watched only one episode of the show. (Look forward to catching up.)