Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir Reality TV Show on W | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir Reality TV Show on W

sweetskates1

Medalist
Oh avantgardener, thank you!!!!!!!!!

So it looks like the Vimeo host of the original videos = taken down. However, through some Googling, I found this link where you can download both episodes in HD-ish quality. Just note that they're about 330MB each, and I used VLC Player to play them:

http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=ga8546466335d0e87999454934d9fa6eff1e6d5ad1

I'm assuming the episodes will appear soon on another Vimeo-type site... but for those (like me) who are impatient, you can watch the last two episodes above (...ha, at least for now).

Enjoy!

--Michael

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
All the episodes are available on primewire.ag. Warning: the site has a lot of ads, including fake Google Chrome update notifications.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
I find her very endearing, but he reminds me of an ex-boyfriend. Snarky all the time can totally wear anyone down. Interestingly, I find Patrick Chan more likeable than I thought I would.

Well of course this has as much relation to "reality" as a romantic FD has to Twue Wuv, but I'm enjoying it immensely.

I COMPLETELY agree with you about Patrick Chan! He comes across as shy, a little insecure, and very endearing. and I think that is actually what he's like. He's an introvert.

Scott, on the other hand, is cocky and relatively shallow. Disappointed in him.

Tessa is a LOVE.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
kresslia, apologies if you were offended, but wow, I don't consider that strong language when there are people who say much worse.

I say that b/c Davis and White have been the darlings of the ice dance world for the past 2-3 years and have pretty much beat V/M in every competition where they've gone head to head. I certainly prefer V/M over D/W and think they are the superior team, but in the politically charged world of Ice Dance, it's D/W to lose. Unless they mess up their twizzle sequences badly or fall, they will win.

I don't think V/M are helping their case by doing a reality show, which IMO is mostly fake. It cheapens their brand, and may make them look less serious in the eyes of some of the judges.

I agree with you- it cheapens their brand. Why on earth would they have done it?? I can't see any possible upside for a team that is at the top and who are loved in large part for being pure and lyrical and romantic. I also don't know why they would choose this season to unequivocally reveal that Scott is not interested in Tessa and has another serious girlfriend when in the past they've gone to such great lengths to hide Jessica D and to hint that they are romantically into each other that a slew of fans believed they were secretly together, even married!

Do you think they wanted to show just how unromantic they are in order to heighten the judges' appreciation of their acting ability? I'm not entirely joking.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It probably was just the money. It isn't't like there is much of a pro circuit any more.

Someone else shared this on another thread, but I thought I'd put it here too! :)

http://nathaliepechalats.tumblr.com...-you-send-another-link-to-another-tessa-scott

- I'm just now getting to watch all of the episodes (done with 1-3), I find the show interesting. There have definitely been some hoaky moments and a little misleading by the way W presented some things....But so far, I find it entertaining, haha.

SO FAR: Patrick Chan seemed endearing, imo. I also liked the bit with Weaver and Poje - I never realized how different and interesting their relationship was until this! I find Tessa and her mom to come off as likable individuals. And I feel like Scott is likable...but has his jerky moments, which I can understand to a degree. I'm not really sure how I feel about Cassandra... Mainly the scenes between she and Scott just make me feel a little awk. bc they act a little awk. with cameras around them, which I get. And Marina's facial expressions and talking to her dog are just - superb! ;)

slider11

Medalist
Virtue and Moir are undeniably one of the strongest ice dance couples of all times. But I could never take those fake, loving looks that would magically appear when a camera was near. Turning it on during a dance makes sense and that's the acting. But I think they relied on the fact that there was that little hint of true romance which made some think they were better performers than Davis and White. I always appreciated the fact that D/W made it clear that they were not off ice couples but worked at the performance level and really nailed it with Sheherazade. I truly hope V/M find happiness post competitive skating but I think D/W will prosper more because they were true to themselves on and off the ice. Now someone mentioned Weaver and Poje. Now, they are interesting! Is that a real off ice connection? I don't sense the phoniness with them. If they are just good friends or intimate off-ice, it comes off naturally. They are the couple I look forward to follow!

Now someone mentioned Weaver and Poje. Now, they are interesting! Is that a real off ice connection? I don't sense the phoniness with them. If they are just good friends or intimate off-ice, it comes off naturally. They are the couple I look forward to follow!

Hahaha, after seeing them on "Tessa and Scott" I searched to see if they were an off-ice couple too, lol. However, from what I can find they are not a couple. BUT - They do live in an apartment together and split up household stuff (he cooks). And she and her Mother have spent the past two Christmases at his family's home... In addition, they seem to do most things together....so....they're still an intrigue to me, lol

Matt K

On the Ice
Different strokes for different folks then, I guess. With D/W, they don't look like they enjoy skating together for quite a while now. No soul like G/P, B/B, K/O. Especially in the SD, where they were the only couple who had the oddest "old" vibe among the top dancers. Some were sexy and mature, others were sultry and sophisticated, and D/W just looked like two skaters on autopilot without much connection and reminded me of an old divorced couple out there. It was the oddest thing to watch. IMO, D/W have the least connection of several top teams, and even Meryl's current DWTS partner has oodles more connection with her. In terms of partnering instinct and abilities Charlie White has always frustrated me in that area. Not only that but "performance" in PCS is not marked by how "truthful" a couple is based on their behaviour on and off the ice. Here is the ISU criteria:

Performance/Execution is the involvement of the skater/couple/teams physically, emotionally, and intellectually as
they translate the intent of the music and choreography. Execution: is the quality of movement and precision in delivery. This includes harmony of movement

Details included in this criteria include carriage, alignment (the fluid change from one movement to the next), style (the distinctive use of line and movement as inspired by the music), clarity of movement (Clarity is characterized by the refined lines of the body and limbs, as well as the precise execution of any movement), projection, unison and "oneness", tThe use of same techniques in edges, jumping, spinning, line, and style are necessary concepts of visual unison; both skaters must move alike in stroke...among other things. V/M, regardless of how much one hates the music or concept, embody these qualities best. D/W rush through like they can't hold deep edges with precise leg lines, like their diagonal step sequence. Their diagonal looked extremely sketchy in that way and IMO, very messy. It was like they wanted to get the program done and out of the way.

V/M aren't better performers because they "turn on the fake lovey eyes". IMO, they make every movement complete and extended, like it has purpose (and that is not easy to do, holding edges and keeping matching positions at the same time, AND covering ice AND skating close together). That and their unison and similar stroking style project a natural kind of chemistry on the ice. Their skills are very similar, probably the most of anyone competing today, and that makes quite a difference on the "look" of a team.

And it is very clear that V/M are in relationships with different people, as witnessed in their reality TV series themselves. Or did some people just try to forget about those parts? I don't know how they are somehow not being "true" to themselves. Scott's real life partner was shown in every episode, unless you think he was also in a secret relationship with Tessa? And maybe you think he also is secretly married to Tessa and has a baby? V/M have made it clear that they are not in a relationship several times, and not only on their TV series.

W/P have chemistry unlike D/W, and I agree they play their characters well on the ice. Personally, I don't like W/P as dancers even though I like their programs. Kaitlyn doesn't dance from the core, using all her limbs, she is too stiff like Papadakis, moving one limb at a time. I like their programs but as dancers they are not my favorite.

I also notice Igor's teams don't have much chemistry too.

anyanka

Record Breaker
I still think the breakout star is Marina Zoueva.
I want a show about her, with all her pupils as just extras in the fabulousness of her life.

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
I still think the breakout star is Marina Zoueva.
I want a show about her, with all her pupils as just extras in the fabulousness of her life.

I 100% agree. I only watched Tessa and Scott to see her after episode three.
Her and her dog and the interaction between her and Johnny Johns was what made it worth it.

anyanka

Record Breaker
I 100% agree. I only watched Tessa and Scott to see her after episode three.
Her and her dog and the interaction between her and Johnny Johns was what made it worth it.

It's her look of disdain I love most.
Nothing like being dismissed by a Russian figure skating coach.

It's her look of disdain I love most.
Nothing like being dismissed by a Russian figure skating coach.

Her eyes say everything - if she's happy....if she's entertained....if she's livid (my personal fav. to witness) :)
She would make a wonderful reality tv personality - Like if she had her own show....I'd be all over that, lol

slider11

Medalist
I would agree that D/W's My Fair Lady SD was not my favorite in terms of connection and performance. I do think that it was a favorite of Marina's whether she has an Audrey Hepburn thing or whatever but it seems that she told them that was their dance and that was that. The content was strong and they carried off a suitable performance that ticked all the boxes. But I doubt it will be ranked with the Indian folk dance. But Sheherazade was magnificent in content and performance. Tessa and Scott are wonderful ice dancers and certainly we all have our preferences. Kaitlyn is coming along - the tango they did as their FD was great!

I like both couples: V/M and D/W. I personally feel that they have very different styles, approaches, strengths, and weaknesses - yet they're both incredible, captivating, and talented in their own ways! :) To me the competition between the two teams and the level at which they both skate/skated is just a marvel. I feel lucky to have been privileged enough to see both talents at once because it always made competitions exciting to watch.

I am intrigued by W/P relationship because it's very unique. Especially to me when I consider that they haven't been skating together forever like V/M or D/W.

And as always, Marina and Johnny are so entertaining! Marina is just a marvel to me. I'll be especially interested to see if she ends up with any teams that are definite world medal contenders this quad... Despite all of the rumors and things that have been said, I don't know that I feel she was unfair when it came to V/M or D/W. And I think when programs and different things are compared, people sometimes forget that the teams are very different and have always performed very different types of programs - making them hard to compare imo. It's apples and oranges - both are good, but they're totally different.

Anyways, LOVED the scene between Tess's mom and Scott's mom/aunt/cousin!! :cry: I would've been in tears with Mrs. M, haha