Entries 2014 Four Continents Championships | Golden Skate

Entries 2014 Four Continents Championships

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Pairs
Neither of the Chinese teams going to the Olympics will compete at 4CC's. There are blank spots listed for USA and CAN entries, but, sadly, no other federation is sending a pairs team. No Japanese entry is listed.

4 Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN CHN 2
5 Wenting WANG / Yan ZHANG CHN 2
6 Xiaoyu YU / Yang JIN CHN 2

Dance-quite a few are listed.

1 Danielle OBRIEN / Gregory MERRIMAN AUS 1

5 Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU CHN 3
6 Yiyi ZHANG / Nan WU CHN 3
7 Yue ZHAO / Chang LIU CHN 3

8 Emi HIRAI / Marien DE LA ASUNCION JPN 4
9 Ksenia KOROBKOVA / Daryn ZHUNUSSOV KAZ 5
10 Pilar MAEKAWA MORENO / Leonardo MAEKAWA MORENO MEX 6
11 Yura MIN / Timothy KOLETO KOR 7

15 Elizaveta TRETIAKOV / Viktor KOVALENKO UZB 9

S - Substitute Entry, (*) - minimum Technical Element Score not yet confirmed

There are a lot of men this year :)

1 Andrew DODDS AUS 1
2 Brendan KERRY AUS 1
3 David KRANJEC AUS 1

7 Nan SONG CHN 3
8 Yi WANG CHN 3
9 Han YAN CHN 3

10 Jui-Shu CHEN TPE 4
11 Jordan JU TPE 4
12 Chih-I TSAO TPE 4
13 Ronald LAM HKG 5
14 Takahiko KOZUKA JPN 6
15 Takahito MURA JPN 6
16 Keiji TANAKA JPN 6

17 Abzal RAKIMGALIEV KAZ 7
18 Denis TEN KAZ 7
19 Julian Zhi Jie YEE MAS 8
20 Christopher CALUZA PHI 9
21 Maverick EGUIA PHI 9
22 Michael Christian MARTINEZ PHI 9
23 Jin Seo KIM KOR 10
24 Dong Won LEE KOR 10
25 June Hyoung LEE KOR 10

29 Misha GE UZB 12

Ladies

1 Brooklee HAN AUS 1
2 Isadora WILLIAMS BRA 2

6 Zijun LI CHN 4
7 Kexin ZHANG CHN 4
8 Ziquan ZHAO CHN 4

9 Melanie Yuung-Hui CHANG TPE 5
10 Crystal KIANG TPE 5
11 Ami PAREKH IND 6
12 Haruka IMAI JPN 7
13 Satoko MIYAHARA JPN 7
14 Kanako MURAKAMI JPN 7

15 Reyna HAMUI MEX 8
16 Alisson Krystle PERTICHETO PHI 9
17 Hae Jin KIM KOR 10
18 Tae Kyung KIM KOR 10
19 So Youn PARK KOR 10

20 Ceciliane Mei Ling HARTMANN (*) SIN 11
21 Lejeanne MARAIS RSA 12

Last edited:
More Men than Ladies listed. I can't remember seeing that before.

Chantelle Kerry isn't taking part, I wonder why (*bites his tongue* :p).

Melissa Belanghui isn't entered either, I wonder why (ok, I'll stop now :p).

Ceciliane Me Ling Hartmann doesn't have the minimum scores yet but she's scheduled to compete at MNNTC so will have a chance to earn them there.

It's indeed a shame that only Canada, China and USA are fielding pair teams. I guess Takahashi/Kihara are focusing on preparing for the Olympics.

Very interesting entries in Ice Dance! China is FINALLY sending three teams. About time! They aren't sending either of the two tops teams they have sent in recent years (Yu/Wang & Huang/Zheng), though. Interesting.

Maekawa Morenos are now working with Marina Zueva.

South Korea has sent Min/Koleto, that is great to see. :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I guess South Korea did not send Kim & Minov as well because Rebecka is still too young? And I'm glad that they are sending So Youn Park. I found her skating very appealing last year on the JGP.

I would have hoped that Australia would send at least one other ice dance pair---

Did the New Zealand dance team Campbell & Speden fail to make the required score at Skate Down Under or last year at JGP Brisbane? It would have been nice to see them at 4CC's?

Last edited:
I don't think Kim & Minov have done any Senior competitions yet? Given the junior short dance is completely different, you would need an extra program which is why we see hardly any teams doing both junior and senior events in the same season.

Nirti

Medalist
Campbell/Speden only have the required score for free dance, but not for the short dance (16,33 at Skate Down Under, they needed 18...)

Finnstep

Final Flight
I guess South Korea did not send Kim & Minov as well because Rebecka is still too young? And I'm glad that they are sending So Youn Park. I found her skating very appealing last year on the JGP.

Rebeka is old enough for senior competitions this season, but they decided to stay as a junior(they did consider doing senior competitions this season) because they didn't think it was efficient for them to do both senior & junior competitons this season.

However, they are planning to compete at Bavarian Open this month.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'm looking forward to seeing that, if youtubes are uploaded or streaming is available. I think Kim & Minov are a very promising team. However, is there any chance of Minov getting Korean citizenship somehow in the next 4 years?

(I'm sorry to hear Campbell & Speden missed the SD minimum for 4CC's)

FSGMT

Record Breaker
It'll be interesting to see Yu/Jin competing here as Seniors (it will be the first time they compete internationally as Seniors since 2011)!

Finnstep

Final Flight
The question is: How likely is South Korea to do that?

There were three ice hockey players who were granted Korean citizenships last year, so I don't think it's unlikely for both Minov and Koleto to be granted South Korean citizenships-especially considering that they are the only ice dance teams left in South Korea.

There were three ice hockey players who were granted Korean citizenships last year, so I don't think it's unlikely for both Minov and Koleto to be granted South Korean citizenships-especially considering that they are the only ice dance teams left in South Korea.

Thanks, that is good to hear. I hope we are going to see interesting rivalry between those two teams over the next quad (without any lawsuits or retractable police batons involved ;)).

russell30

Final Flight
I hope Li Zijun has a good skate, but I have some concerns, maybe she should skip the season and come back strong next year (she can still have another crack at the Olympics in 2018).

Gigi13

On the Ice
I hope Li Zijun has a good skate, but I have some concerns, maybe she should skip the season and come back strong next year (she can still have another crack at the Olympics in 2018).
Yeah I'm worried too I just hope she has a good skate maybe it would of been a better idea to skip this season and comeback next season but if she feels ready to skate again and she's healthy then it's good for her to comeback now but she has plenty of time to improve and become stronger and possibly win a medal at the 2018 Olympics so I hope she does good and surprises us once again!

GF2445

Record Breaker
Last time the 4CC was in Taipei, tv coverage was really difficult to find. Fingers crossed this time.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Last time the 4CC was in Taipei, tv coverage was really difficult to find. Fingers crossed this time.

I know Eurosport 2 are showing some of it, or at the very least planning to show it. At the moment, at least for Holland, it shows listings for 6 to 8 pm (i.e. not live) on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (there is no TV schedule for Saturday yet).

dardar1126

On the Ice
Twitter:

Lynn Rutherford ‏@LynnRutherford 3h
4CCs dance teams are HubbellDonohue, AdridgeEaton & LynnLogan. #Boston2014

Lynn Rutherford ‏@LynnRutherford 3h
4CCs: Cesario, Hicks, Nagasu for ladies; Dornbush, Rippon, Farris for men; DenneyFrazier, ScimecaKnierim, Kayne OShea for pairs.#Boston2014

dardar1126

On the Ice
A more complete list:

http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=49829&type=media

2014 U.S. Four Continents Ladies Figure Skating Team
Samantha Cesario
Courtney Hicks
Mirai Nagasu
Alternate No. 1 - Barbie Long
Alternate No. 2 - Christina Gao
Alternate No. 3 - Agnes Zawadzki

2014 U.S. Four Continents Men’s Figure Skating Team
Richard Dornbush
Joshua Farris
Adam Rippon
Alternate No. 1 - Douglas Razzano
Alternate No. 2 - Ross Miner
Alternate No. 3 - Brandon Mroz

2014 U.S. Four Continents Pairs Figure Skating Team
Haven Denney and Brandon Frazier
Tarah Kayne and Daniel O’Shea
Alexa Scimeca and Chris Knierim
Alternate No. 1 - Caydee Denney and John Coughlin
Alternate No. 2 - Gretchen Donlan and Andrew Speroff
Alternate No. 3 - Deedee Leng and Timothy LeDuc

2014 U.S. Four Continents Ice Dance Figure Skating Team
Alexandra Aldridge and Daniel Eaton
Madison Hubbell and Zachary Donohue
Lynn Kriengkrairut and Logan Giulietti-Schmitt
Alternate No. 1 - Anastasia Cannuscio and Colin McManus

GF2445

Record Breaker
The americans are sorted now. Its time for the canadians to name their team to Taiwan.