Entries 2014 Four Continents Championships | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Entries 2014 Four Continents Championships

ivy

On the Ice
No reason to check someone for not what TSL is. It's a kind of nitchy insider site. I enjoy it, but its not like not knowing what USA stands for

classylady80

Spectator
No reason to check someone for not what TSL is. It's a kind of nitchy insider site. I enjoy it, but its not like not knowing what USA stands for

I'm not a regular fan of figure skating therefore I would not know this site. Thanks ivy for letting me know.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anyone notice that Yura MIN is skating with Timothy KOLETO for KOR? He is a US skater who finished 6th as a Junior at 2012 Nationals. Who knew he had switched to ice dance?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Look at the tech team for ice dance:
TECH CONTROLLER: Alla SHEKHOVTSEVA (POL)- wife of Piseev, head of the Russian Federation
TECH SPEC: Andrjez DOSTATNI (POL) nitpicker
ASST TECH SPEC: Judy BLUMBERG (USA) stickler

We could be seeing some really low levels such as we saw at Cup of Russia

zamboni step

Final Flight
If Li Zijun is indeed back to top shape, she might win this as well.

Saw a video of her full run-through, in three parts and she did:

3F+3T (maybe UR on 3T)
2A-3T
3Lz e (maybe double footed) connecting steps going in though
3S+2T+2L
3F- with a difficult entrance
3L
2A

Her layback spin looked better than ever and her speed and general power seems to have improved, the performance didn't sparkle but probably because she was trying to get back her jumps. A vast improvement from what was the most half-hearted FS of the Grand-Prix.

RABID

Final Flight

3F+3T (maybe UR on 3T)
2A-3T
3S+2T+2L
3L
2A

Her layback spin looked better than ever and her speed and general power seems to have improved, the performance didn't sparkle but probably because she was trying to get back her jumps. A vast improvement from what was the most half-hearted FS of the Grand-Prix.

Gosh, I hope so. I hope she surprises everyone and then we can bring her over to The Edge for some heated discussions. :cool:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker

3F+3T (maybe UR on 3T)
2A-3T
3S+2T+2L
3L
2A

Can you post a link of the video? Please...

gmyers

Record Breaker
Look at the tech team for ice dance:
TECH CONTROLLER: Alla SHEKHOVTSEVA (POL)- wife of Piseev, head of the Russian Federation
TECH SPEC: Andrjez DOSTATNI (POL) nitpicker
ASST TECH SPEC: Judy BLUMBERG (USA) stickler

We could be seeing some really low levels such as we saw at Cup of Russia

Piseev really doesn't have much power. It's gorshkov now.

zamboni step

Final Flight
Can you post a link of the video? Please...

Well the first video of the runthrough was posted by you actually! :biggrin: They split it into three videos but it's clearly the same run through, they're even labeled 1, 2 and 3 at the end of the titles.

Part 1: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU2MDI2Mjk2.html
Part 2: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU2MDI2Nzg0.html
Part 3: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU2MDI2ODUy.html

I wish she'd carry more speed through her steps, the transitions looked good though, not too many crossovers throughout the program.

Icey

Record Breaker
Why isn't the lady's skate order for the short up? All other disciplines are already listed.

xiangfuzi

On the Ice
Why isn't the lady's skate order for the short up? All other disciplines are already listed.
Because the ladies' short program will be taken at the day after tomorrow and the draws for the skating order will be made tomorrow.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Well the first video of the runthrough was posted by you actually! :biggrin: They split it into three videos but it's clearly the same run through, they're even labeled 1, 2 and 3 at the end of the titles.

Part 1: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU2MDI2Mjk2.html
Part 2: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU2MDI2Nzg0.html
Part 3: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU2MDI2ODUy.html

I wish she'd carry more speed through her steps, the transitions looked good though, not too many crossovers throughout the program.

:laugh:I wasn't aware there were other two. Since the videos were posted a few weeks ago, I hope Zijun is in a even better condition this week.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
When I said "is that a joke", I mean it was a joke that he/she doesn't know what TSL is. Of course I know what TSL is

Why act all superior? Not everyone knows what those initials stand for. I didn't even know of The Skating Lessons EXISTENCE 'til a few weeks ago. I don't know why you seem to assume that everyone should just know and that it's a 'joke' if they don't. How snobbish. :rolleye:

Exactly. I and a few others on FSU didn't know what the initials stood for either until someone explained it, very nicely, very polite. No one came snarking back with a bitchy swipe as if we should have just automatically known.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
Why act all superior? Not everyone knows what those initials stand for. I didn't even know of The Skating Lessons EXISTENCE 'til a few weeks ago. I don't know why you seem to assume that everyone should just know and that it's a 'joke' if they don't. How snobbish. :rolleye: Exactly. I and a few others on FSU didn't know what the initials stood for either until someone explained it, very nicely, very polite. No one came snarking back with a bitchy swipe as if we should have just automatically known.

I hope you were able to watch the Nationals recap:) euros recap will be posted this weekend. I'm hoping they do 4CC as well.